Round-Trip Mendenhall Glacier Shuttle Service
Get from Juneau to Mendenhall Glacier and back quickly and at your convenience. With shuttles departing from the port every 30 minutes during operating hours, spend as much time as you wish at the glacier before taking a shuttle back downtown. Bonus: During the 30-minute transfer each way, your driver shares history, tips on making the most of your glacier visit, and recommendations on where to eat and drink in Juneau upon your return.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center, 8150 Mendenhall Loop Rd Tongass National Forest, Juneau, AK 99801
Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center, End of Glacier Spur Road, Juneau, AK 99801
Stop At: Juneau Tours, 76 Egan Dr, Juneau, AK 99801-1753
Stop At: Juneau Whale Watch, Mt Roberts St Mt. Roberts Tramway, Juneau, AK 99802
Juneau Whale Watch, Mt Roberts St Mt. Roberts Tramway, Juneau, AK 99802
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Round-trip transport to Mendenhall Glacier
- Pick-up is at the Mt. Roberts Tramway
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional, and appreciated)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
Average 4.44 out of 5 stars based on 43 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
My husband and I took a cruise to Alaska and we decided to go to Mendenhall Glacier. Instead of booking the excursion through the cruise line the cruise excursions didn't spend much time there, we booked the shuttle service and set off on our own. I'm glad we did. Not only was the cost extremely reasonable, but it felt more like a tour then just a bus ride. Our driver a teacher from, I believe TX, told us stories of the history of Juneau during the 20-30 minute drive. When we were ready to leave the park and head back to town, the bus stop was jam packed. We figured, since the shuttle runs every 30 minutes, we would be waiting for the next. Nope. There happened to be 2 shuttles in the park. The 2nd shuttle wasn't scheduled to stop, but since he saw that there were so many people waiting, he would take a busload back to town. I would definitely recommend using the service if you want to visit Mendenhall.
Visiting Mendenhall Glacier on our own was definitely the right choice and Cool Destinations made it easy with this voucher. I do not like to haggle with kiosks at cruise ports, its stressful to me. We walked off the ship to under the tram and there was the shuttle, showed our printed out voucher and boarded the shuttle. The driver was pleasant and provided fun information on the way to Mendenhall as well as pointing out eagles. Hiked to falls and other trails, had a lovely day. Shuttle back to town was effortless as well. Highly recommend!
Just a shuttle but driver was very friendly
Great way to get to and from the glacier.
Brilliant trip and expert knowledge from driver Don-plenty of bald eagles on the trip
Great shuttle service. The shuttle driver narrated the drive to the Glacier with history and facts.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities