Charleston Farm-to-Table Food Tour and Chef's Challenge
This 3-hour tour showcases the seasonal bounty of the Lowcountry and the creative prowess of a local chef.
- Handpick local seasonal produce at a neighborhood market alongside a Charleston chef.
- Explore the historic Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood with a city-certified guide.
- Enjoy a one-of-a-kind farm-to-table experience at a local restaurant with a 5+ course feast, created from your seasonal Market selections.
This is a great way to explore a beloved local produce shop and historic neighborhood, meet a Charleston chef (or two!), and see their creativity in action. Come enjoy a true Charleston farm-to-table experience, that's unique, local, and not-to-be-missed.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Lunch included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Veggie Bin, 96 Spring St, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
Your chef and tour guide will meet you at this favorite neighborhood market that specializes in seasonal produce and local product. Here you will make your ingredient selection to be included in your chef-prepared, farm-to-table lunch.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Cannonborough Elliotborough, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
A 19th century neighborhood steeped in lesser known Charleston history. The rise of nearby Upper King Street's restaurant scene has created a resurgence of restoration efforts on the historic homes and businesses in the last decade.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 11:00 AM
- Return Details: 1: Goulette Rotisserie & Grill, 210 Rutledge Ave, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
2: Virginia's On King, 412 King St, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
3: R. Kitchen, 212 Rutledge Ave, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
- Lunch - A multi-course meal prepared from guest-selected ingredients
- City-certified guide
- Hotel pickup & hotel drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Alcoholic drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- DIETARY RESTRICTIONS must be communicated directly to Charleston Culinary Tours (843.259.2966, [email protected]) at least *36 hours* before your scheduled tour in order to be accommodated.
- Vegan, dairy/lactose, & soy restrictions cannot be adequately accommodated. Guests with multiple allergies should contact Charleston Culinary Tours prior to booking to confirm accommodation.
- We cannot assume responsibility for those with severe allergies.
- Infants must sit on laps
- We make every effort to provide a full meal for all guests, however, substitutions for dietary restrictions may not be 1-for-1 with regular tour offerings.
- We recommend weather-appropriate attire and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tours operate rain or shine, hot or cold. In the rare cases of EXTREME weather (e.g. Hurricane!). In the event of operator cancellation, we will notify all guests in advance as soon as a decision to cancel has been made (extremely rare).
- Minimum drinking age is 21
- Not recommended for those under 8 years of age.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- **Exclusive access to all interiors during the tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.82 out of 5 stars based on 28 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Charleston specialist!
Product code: C-17255P5
Similar Tours & Activities
90-Minute Charleston City Sightseeing Bus Tour
The Miracle Mile Sunday Morning Church Walking Tour
Plantation Extravaganza! See 5 historic destinations of Charleston's Lowcountry
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Charleston’s Old South Carriage Historic Horse & Carriage Tour
Charleston walking tasting tour with Secret Food Tours
Charleston Harbor History Day-Time or Sunset Boat Cruise