Afternoon Schooner Sightseeing Dolphin Cruise on Charleston Harbor
Meet us at Aquarium Wharf near Concord St. and Calhoun St. in Charleston SC as you experience historic Charleston Harbor aboard our classic 84-foot Tall Ship for a unique sailing experience. There is no other way to witness all our beautiful Charleston sites as we hoist the sails and set off through the waters, past some of the most historic sites in the country and witness to some of the most playful bottle nose dolphins racing around the harbor. Sail by notable sites such as Fort Sumter, USS Yorktown, Arthur J. Ravennel Bride, and the Battery.
- Family friendly
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Excellent value for money
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Schooner Pride, 360 Concord St, Charleston, SC 29401-6353
Your cruise starts at Aquarium Wharf, where you'll board your genuine tall ship, powered only by Mother Nature and her incredible wind power. Once on board, watch the crew hoist the sails. Travel through waters that Blackbeard once anchored in, relax on deck, and imagine a time when the harbor was filled with these magnificent ships. You may bring your own food on board, if you wish, but not drinks; beer, wine, and soft drinks are available for purchase on board at your own expense.
Pass By: Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum, 40 Patriots Point Rd, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464-4377
While this is not a narrated cruise, the incredible crew is happy to answer questions about some of Charleston's most historic landmarks that you will see, such as Patriots Point and the USS Yorktown, an Essex-class aircraft carrier that played an important role during World War II.
Pass By: Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, Charleston, SC
Don't forget about Charleston's own modern marvel with an up-close look at the impressive Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, one of the longest cable-stayed bridges in the western hemisphere. You're welcome to help raise and trim the sails, or you may sit back and enjoy the ride.
Pass By: Fort Sumter National Monument, Charleston, SC 29482-9748
See beautiful homes that line the Battery and famous Fort Sumter, where the first shots of the Civil War were fired, and watch for pelicans performing diving acts.
Pass By: Joe Riley Waterfront Park, Concord Street, Charleston, SC 29401-2129
Pass by Charleston Waterfront Park
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 1.5 hour - Schooner Sailing Cruise of Charleston Harbor
- Sail past some of Charleston's top sites such as Fort Sumter and Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge
- See playful Bottle Nose Dolphins racing around the harbor
- Experience panoramic views as you enjoy your sail aboard a classic 84-foot tall ship
- Entry/Admission - The Schooner Pride
- Alcoholic Beverages (available for purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Welcome to bring your own snacks or picnic; however you can not bring your own beverages
- Guests are welcome to go below deck or stay in the shade of the sails to keep out of the sun
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The Schooner Pride is not wheelchair accessible. We will do our best to accommodate disabled persons, but there are 5 stairs then a gangplank to cross to board. The "head" is also below deck and you will need to negotiate stairs to use it.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Average 4.76 out of 5 stars based on 91 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Charleston specialist!
Product code: C-48613P1
Similar Tours & Activities
Private Charleston Harbor Cruise
Pirates of Charleston: Pirate Adventures and River cruises
Private Charleston Harbor Sailing Cruise
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Charleston’s Old South Carriage Historic Horse & Carriage Tour
Charleston Harbor History Day-Time or Sunset Boat Cruise
Charleston Marsh Eco Boat Cruise with stop at Morris Island Lighthouse