The One Day in San Francisco Tour with Alcatraz
Includes 9 locations, 5 photo stops, and includes the Official Alcatraz tour in the afternoon. Learn the culture and history of San Francisco along with great restaurant recommendations!
9:00-12:00 – Explore San Francisco’s iconic neighborhoods!
During this time, you are treated to entertaining stories about the neighborhoods, as well as the history and diversity that make San Francisco one of the best cities in the world!
We exit the bus several times to soak in the atmosphere and capture amazing photos!
12:00– Drop-off in Fisherman’s Wharf or North Beach
At the end of our adventure we will then drop you off in Fisherman’s Wharf where you can enjoy lunch and explore Lombard Street or Pier 39’s sea lions.
3:00-3:50 – Depart for the Official Alcatraz Tour, Pier 33
After lunch you will walk over to Pier 33 to depart for Alcatraz. Upon arriving to Alcatraz Island you will take the official tour and have the opportunity to explore additional exhibits.
6:30– Return to Pier 33
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Seasonal Offer
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
One of San Francisco's most popular destinations - from beautiful old shipyards, to Boudin's Bakery and the smell of fresh clam chowder, and of course, the sea lions of Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf has it all.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Muir Woods National Monument is home to some of the oldest and most beautiful trees in the world. Features gorgeous walking trails and striking scenery.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Pass By: Chinatown, Grant Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108
Boasting the largest Chinatown in the United States, this 24-block mecca is bustling with energy, amazing food, and unique and colorful shops that give this area its charm.
Stop At: Pacific Heights, 2356 Pine St, San Francisco, CA 94115-2715
Offering one of the most scenic outlooks in all of Northern California, Pacific Heights is home to Billionaire's Row, featuring the estates of politicians, tech titans and other San Francisco celebrities (includes Mrs. Doubtfire house!)
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: North Beach, Broadway at Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111
Voted as one of the USA's "ten great neighborhoods", North Beach is best known as the home of Little Italy. From delicious restaurants to authentic sidewalk cafes and bakeries, you will feel the charm of San Francisco as soon as you arrive.
Stop At: Mission District, Mission District, San Francisco, California
Known for its prominent and colorful mural installations, delicious food, and vibrant art and music scene, The Mission embodies the culture of old and new San Francisco.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: The Castro, Castro and Market Sts., San Francisco, CA 94114
One of the most vibrant neighborhoods in the United States. Colorful bars and restaurants line the streets with the historic Castro Theater overlooking the area that Harvey Milk once called home.
Stop At: Twin Peaks, Twin Peaks, San Francisco, California
Featuring a panoramic view of all of San Francisco, Twin Peaks offers ones of the best perspectives of the downtown skyline, surrounding hills and vistas (weather permitting).
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Haight-Ashbury, Haight Street between Masonic and Stanyan, San Francisco, CA 94117
The origin of the hippie culture and the birth place of the “Summer of Love.” From the stunning Painted Ladies to the homes of music’s favorite 60’s bands, this district started the counter-culture movement across the USA.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Presidio of San Francisco, 210 Lincoln Boulevard on the Presidio's Main Post, San Francisco, CA 94129
Former military base, now a beautiful park that includes Crissy Field, Fort Point, Lucasfilm’s (George Lucas) headquarters and the Walt Disney Museum.
Stop At: Fort Point National Historic Site, Long Ave & Marine Dr Building 999, San Francisco, CA 94129
Located just beneath the Golden Gate Bridge, Fort Point gives you a front row seat to the San Francisco Bay. This former military fortification was used during both the Civil War and World War II.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Declared "one of the 10 wonders of the modern world," the Golden Gate Bridge not only one of the most recognized symbols of San Francisco, but one of the most photographed sites in the world.
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94123
Used as a federal prison between 1933-1966, Alcatraz housed some of the most dangerous criminals of the time, including Al Capone, James "Whitey" Bulger and George "Machine Gun" Kelly. Featuring unbelievable views of the San Francisco peninsula, a visit to the island is essential when in town.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 710 Beach St, San Francisco, CA 94109, USA
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Alcatraz Island ticket ($39.90 USD value)
- Entry/Admission - Fort Point National Historic Site
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Your tickets will be held at the Alcatraz box office for collection on the day of the tour
- A current passport or any government issued i.d. is required to redeem Alcatraz tickets.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Dylan's Tours agrees to ensure our staff is healthy, to rigorously clean/sanitize all areas and to practice social distancing when possible to ensure you have a safe and healthy experience.
Average 4.76 out of 5 stars based on 55 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
This was a great tour to help us know what we wanted to see more of while we were in San Francisco. Rolando our tour guide was amazing! Loved the Muir Woods and Sausalito tours too.
We had a great day with Adam as our guide. He provided an excellent tour through the city pointing out areas worth going back to with more time. Muir Woods is also a great place to visit. Alcatraz is as expected but well worth the time to do at least once.
This tour was awesome. Our tour guide and driver, Patrick was excellent at his job. He was knowledgable, fun, and welcoming to all. Patrick has a great sense of humor and made our day way more enjoyable than it would have been without him. The tour hit almost all of the big stops we were hoping to see in San Francisco along with a couple other stops I wouldn't have thought to go to on our own! Highly recommend for any age group.
This tour has everything you need to see in San Francisco with the exception of the super windy Lombard Street. I really like the pace of the tour - just enough time at all the stops and the minibus gets you right to the front all attractions. Try Venice deli in Sausalito for amazing sandwiches. We arrived back at the ideal time to head over to Alcatraz. Highly recommended
Fantastic day, guide Julio was great, extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his home city... If you can keep an 11 yr and 12 yr engaged then you're on a winner... Would highly recommend
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-30758P7
Similar Tours & Activities