Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour
Explore the best of San Francisco on board a Big Bus Tour. We offer the most comprehensive tour with over 16 hop-on hop-off locations spanning from Fisherman’s Wharf to the Golden Gate Bridge. No need to switch buses – our one full city loop will take you to famous neighborhoods and attractions including Pier 39, Chinatown, Little Italy, Painted Ladies Victorian Homes, Haight-Ashbury Neighborhood, Golden Gate Park, Lombard Crooked Street, Union Square Shopping District and an unforgettable journey across the Golden Gate Bridge. With 16 stops, hop-on and hop-off at your leisure and experience San Francisco’s diverse culture, eclectic food, beautiful parks, stunning architecture, world-class shopping and picturesque views.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Day Tour - Red Route
Route Duration: 2 hours
- San Francisco Pier 41 Ferry Terminal - Stop 1 - Pier 41
- Clay Street - Clay Street
- Ferry Building - 1 Market Street
- 280 Geary St - Union Square South
- 201 Mason St - Hilton Hotel
- 90 Fulton St - Civic Center
- 944 Fell St - Alamo Square
- 1816 Haight St - Haight Ashbury
- Golden Gate Park - North-West corner of Lincoln Way & 9th Ave (Weekends + Public Holidays only)
- Golden Gate Bridge Vista Point - North Vista Point, Sausalito, CA 95965
- 211 Richardson Ave - Palace of Fine Arts
- 2101 Lombard St - Marina / Cow Hollow
- 1599 Lombard St - Lombard Street
- Embarcadero - Pier 35 entrance / Cruise Terminal
- Pier 39 - Pier 39
Pier 39 / The Embarcadero / Haight-Ashbury / Union Square / Civic Center / SS Jeremiah O'Brien / Palace of Fine Arts Theatre / Golden Gate Bridge / Washington Square / Lombard Street / Chinatown / Alamo Square / Golden Gate Park / Big Bus Tours / California Academy of Sciences / Madame Tussauds / Aquarium of the Bay / Ferry Building Marketplace / San Francisco City Hall
Operates: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Every 60 Minutes
Customers are advised to visit the Big Bus website or to download the Big Bus app to see the most up to date bus stop locations and timings. For live bus tracking on the day of travel - please download the Big Bus App in advance of arrival.
Panoramic Night Tour - Blue Route
Route Duration: 1 hour
- RH5P+GX San Francisco - Pier 41 , Fisherman's Wharf, Night Tour Start & End Stop
SS Jeremiah O'Brien / Madame Tussauds / The San Francisco Dungeon / Ferry Building Marketplace / Pier 39
Operates: Departs at 6:30pm
This tour is not a hop-on, hop-off
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 60 to 120 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: See itinerary
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Hop-on Hop-off bus tour
- Night Tour (Premium & Deluxe Tickets)
- Buy 1 hour bike rental get 1 hour free from any Blazing Saddles shop
- Free headphones for audio-guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Classic 1-day tickets will be valid for same day use. Tickets claimed after 3pm will be valid for 24 hours from time of redemption.
- Night tour operates on a first-come, first-served basis, so try to arrive early to secure your seat
- Night Tour is not a hop-on hop-off tour
- Wheelchair accessible, please call ahead for arrangements
- Daytime Tour: Show your paper or mobile voucher to a member of the Big Bus staff at any of the stops along your route to redeem.
- Night Tour: Redeem vouchers at the start of the tour, Pier 41 Fisherman's Wharf (RH5P+GX North Beach, San Francisco, CA, USA), No tours on July 4th, Thanksgiving, Dec 24th and Dec 31st.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
Average 4.12 out of 5 stars based on 624 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities