Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Explore the best of San Francisco on board a Big Bus Tour. We offer the most comprehensive tour with over 20 hop-on hop-off locations spanning from Fisherman’s Wharf to the Golden Gate Bridge. No need to switch buses – our one full city loop will take you to famous neighborhoods and attractions including Pier 39, Chinatown, Little Italy, Painted Ladies Victorian Homes, Haight-Ashbury Neighborhood, Golden Gate Park, Lombard Crooked Street, Union Square Shopping District and an unforgettable journey across the Golden Gate Bridge. With over 20 stops, hop-on and hop-off at your leisure and experience San Francisco’s diverse culture, eclectic food, beautiful parks, stunning architecture, world-class shopping and picturesque views.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Day Tour - Red Route
Route Duration: 2 hours
- 99 Jefferson St - San Francisco Visitor Center
- 621 Columbus Ave - Washington Square / North Beach
- Clay Street - Clay Street
- Ferry Building - 1 Market Street
- 280 Geary St - Union Square South
- 201 Mason St - Hilton Hotel
- 90 Fulton St - Civic Center
- 944 Fell St - Alamo Square
- 1816 Haight St - Haight Ashbury
- Golden Gate Park - North-West corner of Lincoln Way & 9th Ave (Weekends + Public Holidays only)
- Golden Gate Bridge Vista Point - North Vista Point, Sausalito, CA 95965
- 211 Richardson Ave - Palace of Fine Arts
- 2101 Lombard St - Marina / Cow Hollow
- 1599 Lombard St - Lombard Street
- Embarcadero - Pier 35 entrance / Cruise Terminal
- Pier 39 - Pier 39
Pier 39 / The Embarcadero / Haight-Ashbury / Union Square / Civic Center / SS Jeremiah O'Brien / Palace of Fine Arts Theatre / Golden Gate Bridge / Washington Square / Lombard Street / Chinatown / Alamo Square / Golden Gate Park / Big Bus Tours / California Academy of Sciences / Madame Tussauds / Aquarium of the Bay / Ferry Building Marketplace / San Francisco City Hall / Alcatraz Island
Operates: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Every 15-20 Minutes
Sausalito Tour - Green Route
Route Duration: 1 hour
- Golden Gate Bridge Vista Point - North Vista Point, Sausalito
- Downtown Sausalito - Humboldt Ave
- Golden Gate Bridge - Golden Gate Bridge South
Golden Gate Bridge
Operates: 10:15 AM - 4:30 PM
Every 15-30 minutes
Panoramic Night Tour - Blue Route
Route Duration: 1 hour
- 99 Jefferson St - Night Tour Start & End Stop
- Treasure Island - Photo Op
SS Jeremiah O'Brien / Madame Tussauds / The San Francisco Dungeon / Ferry Building Marketplace / Alcatraz Island / Pier 39
Operates: Departs at 6:30pm or 7:00pm
This tour is not a hop-on, hop-off
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
- Duration: 60 to 120 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: See itinerary
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Hop-on Hop-off bus tour
- Chinatown Walking Tour
- Live English-speaking guide and/or
- Pre-recorded commentary in 10 languages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Classic 1-day tickets will be valid for same day use. Tickets claimed after 3pm will be valid for 24 hours from time of redemption.
- Night tour operates on a first-come, first-served basis, so try to arrive early to secure your seat
- Night Tour is not a hop-on hop-off tour
- Wheelchair accessible, please call ahead for arrangements
- Daytime Tour: Show your paper or mobile voucher to a member of the Big Bus staff at any of the stops along your route to redeem.
- Night Tour: Redeem vouchers at the start of the tour, 99 Jefferson Street, San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf daily at 6:30pm, 7:00pm and (7:30pm April – October) No tours on Dec 24th and Dec 31st.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Maps and brochures will not be handed out on the service and customers are encouraged to download our Free Mobile App providing extended digital content including map and live bus tracking.
Average 4.12 out of 5 stars based on 531 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Excellent tour. I got the 2 day deluxe ticket and it offered so much! Highly recommend.
I used the live guide and also the general guide on the headphones and learned so much about the city and it's history!
Great time on the big bus. We got to see what was in all the areas of San Francisco.. Would do it again if we visit.
We stayed on for a complete circuit and then went back and looked at places we were interested in. It was a warts and all tour showing the upside of San Francisco as well as a downside with the poor and homeless
Thank you for that
Highly recommend the tour
Excellent value for money. Have used big bus tours in quite a few citys now. Great way to learn about them.
Well worth the money. You get an overall view with commentary of the city. I took the entire 20 stop tour then around again and got off at Haite Asbury to walk around and have lunch. Our guide Sean was awesome and had lots of goofy jokes.
We enjoyed the hop on hop off, great information throughout the day. Bring a sweater for the golden gate bridge it was very windy up on top
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-5096SFOHOHO
Similar Tours & Activities