San Francisco Movie Sights City Tour
Experience the cinematic side to San Francisco on an interactive, family-friendly tour that includes clips from more than 55 movies and TV shows filmed in the picturesque city. Revisit scenes from 'Mrs. Doubtfire,' 'Dirty Harry,' 'Vertigo,' 'Bullitt,' 'The Princess Diaries,' 'Full House,' and 'Star Trek IV,' among others. Learn from an actor-turned-guide who shares knowledge of San Francisco's filming history.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Excellent value for money
- Popular choice with kids
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Union Square, 333 Post St San Francisco Shopping Districts, San Francisco, CA 94108-4901
This one-block plaza and surrounding area is one of the largest collections of department stores, upscale boutiques, gift shops, art galleries, and beauty salons in the United States, making Union Square a major tourist destination and a vital, cosmopolitan gathering place in downtown San Francisco.
Pass By: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
The Palace of Fine Arts, built in the Beaux-Arts architectural style for the 1915 World's Fair, has been seen in films such as Vertigo (1958), Time After Time (1979), The Room (2003), and Twisted (2004). It also served as the backdrop for set pieces in So I Married An Axe Murderer (1993) and The Rock (1996).
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
We will visit Fort Point at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge. We believe this location offers the most beautiful and comprehensive view of this majestic bridge. You'll also be able to walk in the footsteps of actors such as Jimmy Stewart, Kim Novak, Mel Brooks, Humphrey Bogart, Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: 1070 Lombard Street between Jones St and Hyde St, San Francisco, CA 94109
Lombard Street is known for the one-way block on Russian Hill between Hyde and Leavenworth Streets, where eight sharp turns are said to make it the most crooked street in the world. We'll tell you on the tour why it's not even the crookedest street in San Francisco!
Pass By: North Beach, Broadway at Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111
North Beach, a buzzy neighborhood steeped in Italian heritage, draws locals and tourists to its checked-tablecloth trattorias, coffee shops and retro-flavored bars. The spirit of the Beat Generation can be felt at the storied City Lights bookstore and the memorabilia-filled Vesuvio Cafe bar. In Telegraph Hill the Filbert Steps offer a scenic hike to the iconic Coit Tower, with WPA-era murals and panoramic views
Pass By: Nob Hill, San Francisco, CA 94109
Once home to the mansions of the Big Four railroad barons, Nob Hill retains a sense of wealth and privilege. Some of the city’s swankiest hotels are here, as are the ornate, Gothic-style Grace Cathedral and charming Huntington Park. Steep streets are dotted with restaurants and nightspots like the Top of the Mark lounge, with its 360-degree views. The Cable Car Museum exhibits antique cars alongside live machinery
Pass By: Transamerica Pyramid, 600 Montgomery St Financial District, San Francisco, CA 94111-2702
The Transamerica Pyramid at 600 Montgomery Street between Clay and Washington Streets in the Financial District of San Francisco, California, United States, is a 48-story futurist building and the second-tallest skyscraper in the San Francisco skyline.
Stop At: San Francisco Movie Tours, Pier 43 1/2, The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94105
This is our meeting point right along the Bay's edge. Just a flat 5-10 minute walk from Fisherman's Wharf's famous Pier 39
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Alamo Square, Alamo Square, San Francisco, California
Visit the 2nd most photographed location in San Francisco while checking out the park where the Tanner family had its picnic in Full House. The view of the Victorian-era Painted Ladies juxtaposed against the beautiful San Francisco skyline is not to be missed
Duration: 10 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: 43 The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
2: Pier 43 Ferry Arch, 43 The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Live commentary on board
- Pickup and drop-off from a designated meeting point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat (if there are seats available once the tour starts, then the infant may certainly occupy an empty seat)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are currently allowing a maximum of 2 parties at a time in order to allow for proper social distancing on the vehicle.
Average 4.85 out of 5 stars based on 53 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
The tour was so great! Didn't realize how many different movies were made in San Francisco! Marie was like going on vacation with an old friend and she had so many interesting little antidotes about the films. A great learning experience and comfortable way to see the city too!! More than excellent!! Marie, you're Terrific!!!
We have been to San Francisco a number of times but we've never really thought about the wealth of film footage that takes place in the city. Marie, our guide, was a vivacious and knowledgeable source of information about both film and facts about the city. Regardless of an interest in film or not, this would be a great overview of the city. Highly recommend this tour if you're a flick fan.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-25298P1
Similar Tours & Activities