Alcatraz Tour plus Muir Woods and Sausalito Day Trip
Alcatraz Island remains one of San Francisco's greatest landmarks — and now you can experience its chilling allure for yourself. Packaged with the half day tour to the giant redwood trees at Muir Woods and charming Sausalito, this Alcatraz combo is a perfect day to see the famous National Monuments around San Francisco.
- Likely to Sell Out
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Union Square, 333 Post St San Francisco Shopping Districts, San Francisco, CA 94108-4901
Departing the heart of Union square, the coach makes its way to the Golden Gate Bridge.
On your way to the Golden Gate Bridge, travelers will see:
Union Square: Theatres, shopping, hotels
Pass By: Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA
Famous for being used as a firebreak, by the US Army during the 1906 earthquake and fire.
Pass By: Cow Hollow, Union St, San Francisco, CA
Two affluent neighborhoods, attracting young professionals. Chic fashion boutiques, Pilates studios, juice shops, beauty salons. Many fine dining restaurants ranging from French Bistros to American Fusion Cuisine.
Pass By: Crissy Field, 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129-1605
Driving above Crissy Field it gives a great vantage of the San Francisco Bay, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Crossing the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
On a clear day, the Golden Gate Bridge offers a panoramic view of the bay and the San Francisco skyline.
Pass By: Marin County, Marin County, California
Entering Robin Williams tunnel as we exit travelers get a view of Sausalito.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Muir Woods lies in the middle of the redwood's latitudinal region.
Incredible diversity of flora and fauna can be daunting at times. Redwoods, Stellar’s jay, ladybugs, ancient horsetail ferns, and the banana slug are all apart of the hiking experience.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sausalito, Sausalito, Marin County, California
A gorgeous Mediterranean-style village with quaint shops, art galleries, and waterfront restaurants.
Extend your stay in Sausalito and return by ferry to San Francisco at your leisure. Ferry cost is not included unless selected during booking. The Ferry docks at Pier 41, in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94123
Arriving at Pier 33, Alcatraz Landing begins the Alcatraz Island portion of the tour.
The bus will allow passengers to disembark and the driver will direct people where to go.
This ends the bus portion of the tour.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: 478 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
2: 2800 Leavenworth St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us 48 hours prior to tour departure, to confirm pick up location and pick up time.
478 Post St., San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Gray Line Union Square Office
Departure time: 8:00 AM
Please be at the above address, 15 minutes prior to departure.2800 Leavenworth St., San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Gray Line Fisherman’s Wharf Shuttle Location at the corner of Leavenworth St. & Jefferson St.
Shuttle Departure Time: 7:15
Please be at the above address by 7:10 AM.
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Tour across the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods and Sausalito
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi and restroom
- Free time in Muir Woods and Sausalito
- Alcatraz Admission Ticket including Ferry Ride & Cellhouse Audio Tour ($39.90 USD value)
- Admission to Muir Woods National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transportation to and from Alcatraz cruise port
- Transportation to Union Square Visitor Center (Muir Woods tour portion departure point)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- NOTE: Due to schedule limitations with Muir Woods, there is a chance that this tour will be held on two separate days. You will be informed prior if your Muir Woods visit will be held on a different day from your Alcatraz visit.
- Alcatraz reservations are first come first serve, all reservations are finalized (11) days prior to your departure date.
- You must provide first and last names, along with ages of all passengers to confirm your reservation. If for any reason you do not provide this information within the window of time provided, your Alcatraz tour will be forfeited.
- Date changes are not permitted once confirmation is received
- Your Alcatraz vouchers / departure time will be available for pick up at 478 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 up to 72-hours prior to your departure date. You are not required to pickup your Alcatraz vouchers prior to your tour departure time, they will be given to you at time of check-in on the date of your tour.
- The Alcatraz portion usually takes 2.5 hours to complete, with its audio tour consisting of approximately 45 minutes. You are advised to inquire on your arrival to the island as to what time the next guided tour will begin. There is no restriction on the amount of time you spend on the Island. The ferry boat service departs Alcatraz every 30 minutes and you can disembark at your own leisure.
- Wheelchair accessible. However, passengers in a wheelchair can be accommodated only if they can get on and off the bus on their own and if the wheelchair is collapsible. Please note, there is a Tram providing transportation for handicapped persons on Alcatraz Island
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.28 out of 5 stars based on 1086 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-2660SFOMUI3
Similar Tours & Activities