Alcatraz Tour plus Muir Woods and Sausalito Day Trip
Alcatraz Island remains one of San Francisco's greatest landmarks — and now you can experience its chilling allure for yourself. Packaged with the half day tour to the giant redwood trees at Muir Woods and charming Sausalito, this Alcatraz combo is a perfect day to see the famous National Monuments around San Francisco.
- Likely to Sell Out
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Union Square, 333 Post St San Francisco Shopping Districts, San Francisco, CA 94108-4901
Departing the heart of Union square, the coach makes its way to the Golden Gate Bridge.
On your way to the Golden Gate Bridge, travelers will see:
Union Square: Theatres, shopping, hotels
Pass By: Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA
Famous for being used as a firebreak, by the US Army during the 1906 earthquake and fire.
Pass By: Cow Hollow, Union St, San Francisco, CA
Two affluent neighborhoods, attracting young professionals. Chic fashion boutiques, Pilates studios, juice shops, beauty salons. Many fine dining restaurants ranging from French Bistros to American Fusion Cuisine.
Pass By: Crissy Field, 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129-1605
Driving above Crissy Field it gives a great vantage of the San Francisco Bay, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Crossing the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
On a clear day, the Golden Gate Bridge offers a panoramic view of the bay and the San Francisco skyline.
Pass By: Marin County, Marin County, California
Entering Robin Williams tunnel as we exit travelers get a view of Sausalito.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Muir Woods lies in the middle of the redwood's latitudinal region.
Incredible diversity of flora and fauna can be daunting at times. Redwoods, Stellar’s jay, ladybugs, ancient horsetail ferns, and the banana slug are all apart of the hiking experience.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sausalito, Sausalito, Marin County, California
A gorgeous Mediterranean-style village with quaint shops, art galleries, and waterfront restaurants.
Extend your stay in Sausalito and return by ferry to San Francisco at your leisure. Ferry cost is not included unless selected during booking. The Ferry docks at Pier 41, in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Alcatraz Island, San Francisco, CA 94133
Arriving at Pier 33, Alcatraz Landing begins the Alcatraz Island portion of the tour.
The bus will allow passengers to disembark and the driver will direct people where to go.
This ends the bus portion of the tour.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Tour across the Golden Gate Bridge to Muir Woods and Sausalito
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach & Professional Tour Guide
- Free time in Muir Woods (90') and Sausalito (60')
- Alcatraz Admission Ticket including Ferry Ride & Cellhouse Audio Tour ($41.00 USD value)
- Admission to Muir Woods National Monument (15$ Admission included)
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Bus Transportation after the Alcatraz Tour is not included
- Hotel Pick-up & drop-off Not included
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Alcatraz reservations are first come first serve, all reservations are finalized (11) days prior to your departure date. No refunds or changes allowed after this date.
- All Alcatraz tickets are given on a will call basis. Upon arriving Alcatraz landing Pier 33, guests will get their tickets from the Guest Services counter (upon customer identification is shown)
- You must provide first and last names, along with ages of all passengers to confirm your reservation. If for any reason you do not provide this information within the window of time provided, your Alcatraz tour will be forfeited.
- The Alcatraz portion usually takes 2.5 hours to complete, with its audio tour consisting of approximately 45 minutes. You are advised to inquire on your arrival to the island as to what time the next guided tour will begin. There is no restriction on the amount of time you spend on the Island. The ferry boat service departs Alcatraz every 30-60 minutes and you can disembark at your own leisure.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Pier 33 is the last stop and ends the bus transport portion of tour. Customers will need to make their own way back to their desired destinations after Alcatraz.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.28 out of 5 stars based on 1093 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities