Big Bus Muir Woods Tour
Experience the awe and wonder of one of California's oldest redwood groves as you stroll through dedicated paths of 1000-year-old redwood trees. With limited reserved parking on-site, traveling with Big Bus Tours to Muir Woods makes it an easy and stress-free experience to visit an area must-see.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Big Bus Tours, 99 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133-1217
Your tour departs at the Big Bus Visitor Center
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Stroll through the tranquil forest to see California's coastal redwoods, the tallest living things on earth.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 99 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Guided Bus Tour to and from Muir Woods
- Self-Guided Tour of Muir Woods
- Entry/Admission - Big Bus Tours
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bring a jacket as Muir Woods is chilly year round
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Maps and brochures will not be handed out on the service and customers are encouraged to download our Free Mobile App providing extended digital content including map and live bus tracking.
Average 4.25 out of 5 stars based on 12 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Muir Woods is beautiful and the bus ride out there provided smooth and easy access. I would recommend bringing drinks and snacks with you for the trip. Great experience. Thank you!
There were only us and another couple for the time booked, so we were fortunate that they still ran the tour. Our guide, Guillermo, was brilliant, with lots of facts and figures provided in a really interesting way. Our driver Anatina, was great at navigating the roads, and the woods, were amazing and blissful and seemed a million miles from the hustle of the city. Well worth a visit.
Our driver, Dwayne Johnson, was phenomenal. Not only was this a way for us to get to Muir Woods- he was so knowledgeable of the history of every aspect of the tour. We learned so much on our trip! Highly recommend Big Bus Tours!
Mighty Mike was our driver/tour guide. He was well informed, courteous, and an excellent driver (negotiating the narrow winding road to Muir. The redwoods are breathtaking! We had 1 hr. which was ample time to explore although I believe the tour description said we'd have 1 1/2 hours. We chose to be dropped off in Sausalito where wandered the lovely town - docks, shops, and restaurants and took the ferry back to Fisherman's Wharf.
It was a beautiful and peaceful place to visit. A good start to our vacation. The transportation was great and people were courteous.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-5096P25
Similar Tours & Activities