Washington DC Day Trip from New York City
Explore beyond the Big Apple with a full-day tour to Washington DC from New York City. You'll capture the spirit of "the home of the brave and land of the free" as you visit the monuments and memorials of Washington DC.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Empire Vacations Day Tours - New York, 777 8th Ave, New York City, NY 10036-7009
Departing from New York and heading south, pass through the states of New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland before arriving at Washington DC's Capitol Hill. Here, your tour will start with a stop at Arlington Cemetery to visit JFK's gravesite.
Next, head further into Washington to see the Capitol, Senate, and White House, the heart of the US government. Your tour then continues to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum before visiting the Washington, Lincoln, Vietnam, and Korean Memorials for exploration and pictures.
Late in the afternoon, you'll embark on a panoramic city tour before departing Washington for an early-evening arrival back in New York City.
Please Note: This tour is scheduled to stop in front of the White House, Capitol, and Senate for commentary and photo ops. However, please note that sometimes this is not possible due to security issues. In the event of this occurring, your tour will be adjusted accordingly.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Arlington National Cemetery, Entrance at Arlington Memorial Bridge, Arlington, VA 22211
Veterans of every American war from the Revolution to the country's most recent conflicts are buried at Arlington, which was officially declared a military cemetery in 1864. Among the more than 260,000 dead are three unidentified service members, buried at the Tomb of the Unknowns, and John F. Kennedy, whose gravesite is marked by an eternal flame.
Due to security a passport or U.S. ID will be required to enter Arlington Cemetery
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: U.S. Capitol, East Capitol St NE & First St SE, Washington DC, DC 20004
The Capitol is among the most architecturally impressive and symbolically important buildings in the world. The Senate and the House of Representatives have met here for more than two centuries. Begun in 1793, the Capitol has been built, burnt, rebuilt, extended, and restored; today, it stands as a monument not only to its builders but also to the American people and their government.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, DC 20500
One of America's most recognizable historical and political symbols is also the home and office of the President of the United States.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: National Air and Space Museum, Independence Ave SW 600 Independence Ave SW, Washington DC, DC 20560
The most popular of the Smithsonian museums features the Wright Brothers' 1903 Flyer and Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Korean War Veterans Memorial, 10 Daniel French Dr SW, Washington DC, DC 20002
This memorial to Korean War veterans consists of the Pool of Remembrance and the triangular Field of Service depicting 19 soldiers on the field of combat.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Vietnam Veterans Memorial, 5 Henry Bacon Dr NW, Washington DC, DC 20002
This emotionally stirring memorial pays tribute to the men and women who served in one of America's most controversial wars.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: 2 Lincoln Memorial Cir NW, Washington DC, DC 20037
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever." Beneath these words, the 16th President of the United States sits immortalized in marble as an enduring symbol of unity, strength, and wisdom.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: W 42nd St & Port Authority Terminal, W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
- Duration: 11 to 13 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- Free Wi-Fi on bus only
- Entry/Admission - National Air and Space Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Depending on the rules on the day, sometimes a stop can be made for photographs from outside the fence
- Time at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum is approximately 1.5-hours
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Due to security, there is no entry to the White House
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Due to security a passport or U.S. ID will be required to enter Arlington Cemetery
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 54 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Average 4.08 out of 5 stars based on 1137 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool New York City specialist!
Product code: COOL-3857DC1