Grand Canyon IMAX Movie
The larger-than-life Grand Canyon IMAX® experience brings the Grand Canyon to life on a giant six-story screen. The Grand Canyon movie traces the canyon’s history and, with 12,000 watts of floor-shaking digital surround sound, makes you feel like you’re inside the canyon itself.
Visit: Grand Canyon Visitor Center, 450 State Route 64, Tusayan, AZ 86023
In just 34 minutes of air-conditioned comfort at the National Geographic Visitor Center, you will discover a Grand Canyon that would normally take a lifetime to experience. The Grand Canyon IMAX movie opens with the beginning of man’s fragile kinship with the twisting 277-mile (455-km) Grand Canyon. It then takes you through time, showing you glimpses of human history.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Grand Canyon Visitor Center, 450 State Route 64, Tusayan, AZ 86023
- Duration: 34 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Hourly at half-past the hour:
March 1 – October 31: 8:30am to 8:30pm
November 1 – February 28: 9:30am to 6:30pm
- Meal and drink (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon Visitor Center
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.77 out of 5 stars based on 13 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Magnificent! A wonderful follow-up, having spent a day walking various parts of the south rim on Saturday and then thoroughly enjoying the view from the helicopter and the dialogue with our pilot, Nate, on Sunday.
A magical experience seeing the Grand Canyon's history in IMAX! The story of Powell's expedition and the hardship he and his team endured made the experience even more exhilarating. I would highly recommend this to all who intend spending time at the Grand Canyon.
A must see! It completes the Grand Canyon Tour. Like icing on top of the cake!!!
Excellent tour, good hotel, great breakfast, nice weather, thankyou.
Excellent film! Very educational.
wonderful film , loved it!
This tour was amazing!
Good for history learning..
Excellent movie, excellent facility and staff! Highly recommend! Cool Destinations is a great company to do business with. I Will choose them over and over again! Priced right, variety of tours offered, EXCELLENT!!!!
No problems at all. Everything was smooth.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Grand Canyon National Park specialist!
Product code: COOL-5369IMAX