Grand Canyon IMAX Movie
The larger-than-life Grand Canyon IMAX® experience brings the Grand Canyon to life on a giant six-story screen. The Grand Canyon movie traces the canyon’s history and, with 12,000 watts of floor-shaking digital surround sound, makes you feel like you’re inside the canyon itself.
In just 34 minutes of air-conditioned comfort at the National Geographic Visitor Center, you will discover a Grand Canyon that would normally take a lifetime to experience. The Grand Canyon IMAX movie opens with the beginning of man’s fragile kinship with the twisting 277-mile (455-km) Grand Canyon. It then takes you through time, showing you glimpses of human history.
From the mysterious Anasazi who inhabited the canyon 4,000 years ago to Major John Wesley Powell who challenged the unexplored canyon and the raging Colorado River in 1869, the movie opens your eyes to a Grand Canyon that most don’t know.
The movie ends by flying like a condor over the rim and into the canyon, getting drenched by the power of the Colorado River. Without ever leaving your seat, you’ll live the history and mystery of one of the most storied natural wonders in the world.
Upgrade your IMAX experience to include a choice of one (1) entree, one (1) drink and one(1) side:
• Asian Rice Bowl with veggies: choice of beef, spicy chicken or sweet n’ sour pork
• Soup and Salad - choice of one soup and one salad: chicken noodle, minestrone or soup of the day and a tossed green salad, Caesar salad or chicken salad
• Fresh Deli Sandwich and Chips - all sandwiches are made with lettuce, tomato and onion: honey ham with Swiss cheese, roasted chicken breast with pepper jack cheese, smoked turkey with muenster cheese, roast beef with cheddar cheese or veggie (avocado, cucumber, sprouts, tomato with Swiss cheese)
• Sides: cookie. apple, fruit cup or yogurt
• Drinks: bottle water, hot tea, coffee or fountain drink (Pepsi Products).
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: National Geographic Visitor Center at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon
- Duration: 34 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: Hourly at half-past the hour:
March 1 – October 31: 8:30am to 8:30pm
November 1 – February 28: 9:30am to 6:30pm
- Meal and drink (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon Imax Theater
- Entry/Admission - Grand Canyon Visitor Center
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.83 out of 5 stars based on 12 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Magnificent! A wonderful follow-up, having spent a day walking various parts of the south rim on Saturday and then thoroughly enjoying the view from the helicopter and the dialogue with our pilot, Nate, on Sunday.
A magical experience seeing the Grand Canyon's history in IMAX! The story of Powell's expedition and the hardship he and his team endured made the experience even more exhilarating. I would highly recommend this to all who intend spending time at the Grand Canyon.
A must see! It completes the Grand Canyon Tour. Like icing on top of the cake!!!
Excellent tour, good hotel, great breakfast, nice weather, thankyou.
Excellent film! Very educational.
wonderful film , loved it!
This tour was amazing!
Good for history learning..
Excellent movie, excellent facility and staff! Highly recommend! Cool Destinations is a great company to do business with. I Will choose them over and over again! Priced right, variety of tours offered, EXCELLENT!!!!
No problems at all. Everything was smooth.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-5369IMAX
Similar Tours & Activities