45-minute Helicopter Flight Over the Grand Canyon from Tusayan, Arizona
Your tour beings at the Grand Canyon airport in Tusayan, Arizona. Fly over the ponderosa pines of Kaibab National Forest on a 45-minute helicopter excursion from the Grand Canyon South Rim. Upstream on the Colorado River are views of the Painted Desert and Desert View Watchtower. View Marble Canyon and Point Imperial as you fly through the Canyon and climb above the North Rim to head south through the Dragon Corridor, the Canyon’s widest and deepest section.
Pass By: Kaibab National Forest, Route 89A and State Route 67, Jacob Lake, Arizona 86046 United States
You will depart Tusayan, Arizona located in the South Rim of the Grand Canyon on the safest and most comfortable-tourism based helicopter in the world. On your 45-minute helicopter flight, enjoy the luxurious comfort and wraparound windows which offer breathtaking views of the Canyon.
Enjoy the fantastic views of the Canyon as you fly over the 1.6 million-acre (6,500 km²) Kaibab National Forest, which borders both the north and south rims of the Grand Canyon. The Kaibab National Forest is home to the world’s largest ponderosa pines.
Pass By: Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, USA
Upon reaching the edge of the canyon, the South Rim gently drops away as the North Rim and east end of the canyon come into view – this is definitely one of the greatest views of the Grand Canyon.
Pass By: Painted Desert, 1 Park Rd, Arizona 86028 United States
You will continue your journey as you follow the Colorado River upstream viewing at a distance the 146-square mile Painted Desert and the 70-foot (21-meter) Desert View Watchtower, a National Historic Landmark.
Pass By: Grand Canyon Desert View Watchtower, Desert View Dr., Grand Canyon, Arizona 86023 United States
The Desert View Watchtower features an observation deck from which visitors to the national park can view eastern portions of the Grand Canyon.
Pass By: Marble Canyon, 86036, Marble Canyon, Arizona United States
Next, view Marble Canyon, the section of the Colorado River which marks the beginning of the Grand Canyon, and Point Imperial, the highest point on the North Rim at 8,803 feet (2,683 meters). Point Imperial overlooks the Painted Desert and the eastern end of Grand Canyon. You will fly through the Canyon above the North Rim heading south through the Dragon Corridor, the widest and deepest section of the Canyon.
Pass By: Colorado River, Arizona United States
At the end of your helicopter flight, you will cross over the Colorado River and fly over the South Rim and the Kaibab National Forest to land.
Please note: Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All taxes and fees
- 45-minute helicopter flight
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300lbs. will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- Individual passenger weights, including infants, MUST be advised at time of booking
- Pilots are unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
This tour is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Average 4.90 out of 5 stars based on 1064 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought