45-minute Helicopter Flight Over the Grand Canyon from Tusayan, Arizona
Your tour beings at the Grand Canyon airport in Tusayan, Arizona. Fly over the ponderosa pines of Kaibab National Forest on a 45-minute helicopter excursion from the Grand Canyon South Rim. Upstream on the Colorado River are views of the Painted Desert and Desert View Watchtower. View Marble Canyon and Point Imperial as you fly through the Canyon and climb above the North Rim to head south through the Dragon Corridor, the Canyon’s widest and deepest section.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kaibab National Forest, U.S. 89a/Az 67, Jacob Lake, AZ
You will depart Tusayan, Arizona located in the South Rim of the Grand Canyon on the safest and most comfortable-tourism based helicopter in the world. On your 45-minute helicopter flight, enjoy the luxurious comfort and wraparound windows which offer breathtaking views of the Canyon.
Enjoy the fantastic views of the Canyon as you fly over the 1.6 million-acre (6,500 km²) Kaibab National Forest, which borders both the north and south rims of the Grand Canyon. The Kaibab National Forest is home to the world’s largest ponderosa pines.
Pass By: Grand Canyon South Rim, Highway 64, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ 86023
Upon reaching the edge of the canyon, the South Rim gently drops away as the North Rim and east end of the canyon come into view – this is definitely one of the greatest views of the Grand Canyon.
Pass By: Painted Desert, 1 Park Rd, Petrified Forest National Park, AZ 86028-9997
You will continue your journey as you follow the Colorado River upstream viewing at a distance the 146-square mile Painted Desert and the 70-foot (21-meter) Desert View Watchtower, a National Historic Landmark. You will continue your journey as you follow the Colorado River upstream viewing at a distance the 146-square mile Painted Desert and the 70-foot (21-meter) Desert View Watchtower, a National Historic Landmark. The Desert View Watchtower features an observation deck from which visitors to the national park can view eastern portions of the Grand Canyon.
Pass By: 86036, Marble Canyon, AZ
Next, view Marble Canyon, the section of the Colorado River which marks the beginning of the Grand Canyon, and Point Imperial, the highest point on the North Rim at 8,803 feet (2,683 meters). Point Imperial overlooks the Painted Desert and the eastern end of Grand Canyon. You will fly through the Canyon above the North Rim heading south through the Dragon Corridor, the widest and deepest section of the Canyon.
Pass By: Colorado River, Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
At the end of your helicopter flight, you will cross over the Colorado River and fly over the South Rim and the Kaibab National Forest to land.
Please note: Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Maverick Helicopters, 107 Corsair Dr, Grand Canyon Village, AZ 86023, USA
- Duration: 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 45-minute helicopter flight
- All taxes and fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300lbs. will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- Individual passenger weights, including infants, MUST be advised at time of booking
- Pilots are unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Average 4.84 out of 5 stars based on 541 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
A really enjoyable experience Scott was informative and friendly would recommend everyone to go for it it’s amazing
Nice tour, definitely a nice tour - But don't spend the $50 they offer to be placed up front: it's not honored since it depends on the weight of the other passengers. Keep your 50 bucks.
Excellent customer service, highlight of our four-day visit to Grand Canyon. You will think that you are hovering over the huge canyon but ask your pilot what your airspeed is, you will be very surprised.
Our pilot Jeff was great, explaining everything we went above, from departing, through the pine forest, and all the canyon itself ofcourse. The helicopter was clean, the ride was smooth, and the views was exceptional. Great value for the flight cost. My kids and I had the time of our life.
Our pilot Kyle was great! Answered all our questions. Was very personable. It was our first time in a helicopter and he made us feel very comfortable.
Amazing. Definitely a must do for anyone who wants to see the Grand Canyon. 45 minutes is the right amount of time.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Grand Canyon National Park specialist!
Product code: COOL-18678CS
Similar Tours & Activities