2-Hour Guided Kayak Eco Tour in Charleston
Enjoy a guided, eco-based kayaking adventure through Folly Creek and its maze of tidal creeks that wrap around uninhabited hammock islands. This 2-hour marsh kayaking excursion is paced for intermediate, novice, and young adult paddlers alike. You and a small-group (up to 12) will experience the pristine coastal marshes, laid back atmosphere, and stunning wildlife of Charleston's estuaries, including Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, loggerhead sea turtles, and assorted waterfowl.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Charleston Outdoor Adventures, 1871 Bowens Island Rd, Charleston, SC 29412-9525
Before departing from our private launching area on Bowens Island, your group will participate in a brief instructional session, safety discussion, and an explanation on how to use the foot driven steering system on your kayaks.
During your 2-hour guided eco-tour, you will explore Charleston’s iconic tidal creeks and saltmarsh. While paddling through the estuarine waters behind Folly Beach, your local guide will introduce you to the area's wide variety of wildlife. Keep your eyes peeled for dolphins gracefully playing and feeding, wading birds exploring the shallows, crabs and invertebrates crawling on mudflats, and pelicans diving! Your guide will also discuss the value and functions of the area's major ecosystems.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 2-Hour Guided Kayaking Eco Tour in Charleston
- Kayaking Equipment (Kayak, Paddles, Personal Floatation Device)
- Dry Bag to keep phone or other personal belongings dry
- Professional Guide
- See wildlife including Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, loggerhead sea turtles, and assorted waterfowl
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Bring water, sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and shoes that can get wet.
- Dress for the weather.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
- The minimum age requirement for a single kayak is 13 years old. Contact for tandem.
- Our captains and guides work very hard to ensure that a memorable experience is had by all of our guests. Gratuity, as you feel so inclined, is always appreciated.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Average 4.90 out of 5 stars based on 50 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities