Daytime Horse-Drawn Carriage Sightseeing Tour of Historic Charleston
Experience 25-30 blocks of Charleston’s historic downtown district on this 1-Hour Daytime Palmetto Carriage Horse-Drawn Carriage Tour. See houses, gardens, mansions, churches & parks, learn about buildings, history, architecture, flora & the people that make up the “Holy City."
Palmetto Carriage Works is the oldest carriage tour company in Charleston and has developed the greatest carriage experience in the city! A Palmetto Carriage tour offers a blend of knowledge, wit, humor, and history and is exciting and ever-changing; a seamless fusion of 19th-century conveyance in a 21st-century city.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Ideal choice for families
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Charleston City Market, 188 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401-3155
Our Barn is located just off of the Charleston City Market. You will meet your certified tour guide here and then you will depart on your hour long horse or mule drawn carriage tour. The carriage will go through the City gate at the market where the tour guide is assigned a tour route. You will see about 30 blocks of the historic district which will include beautiful architecture, churches, buildings, gardens and more. The tour returns to the Big Red Barn.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Palmetto Carriage Works, 8 Guignard St The Big Red Barn, Charleston, SC 29401-2013
This is where you will meet your tour guide and your horse or mule drawn carriage.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Joe Riley Waterfront Park, Concord Street, Charleston, SC 29401-2129
Bright green public space overlooking the Charleston coast.
Pass By: Battery & White Point Gardens, East Battery & Murray Blvd., Charleston, SC 29401
Public Garden and outdoor space located in the Battery
Pass By: Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon, 122 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29401-2103
Completed in 1771 as the New Exchange and Customs House, and recognized today as South Carolina's most historic building.
Pass By: Rainbow Row, 79 E Bay St # 107, Charleston, SC 29401-2544
The longest cluster of Georgian row houses in the United States.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 1-hour Horse Drawn Carriage Ride of Historic Charleston
- Professional Guide
- Learn about buildings, history, architecture, flora, and the people that make up the “Holy City”
- See a mixture of houses, gardens, mansions, churches, and parks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Average 4.72 out of 5 stars based on 511 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool Charleston specialist!
Product code: C-40128P2
Similar Tours & Activities
Undiscovered Charleston: Half Day Food, Wine & History Tour with Cooking Class
Explore Charleston with a Unique Scavenger Hunt by Wacky Walks
Private Historic Carriage Tour of Charleston
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
Charleston’s Old South Carriage Historic Horse & Carriage Tour
Charleston walking tasting tour with Secret Food Tours
Charleston Harbor History Day-Time or Sunset Boat Cruise