Daytime Horse-Drawn Carriage Sightseeing Tour of Historic Charleston
Experience 25-30 blocks of Charleston’s historic downtown district on this 1-Hour Daytime Palmetto Carriage Horse-Drawn Carriage Tour. See houses, gardens, mansions, churches & parks, learn about buildings, history, architecture, flora & the people that make up the “Holy City."
Palmetto Carriage Works is the oldest carriage tour company in Charleston and has developed the greatest carriage experience in the city! A Palmetto Carriage tour offers a blend of knowledge, wit, humor, and history and is exciting and ever-changing; a seamless fusion of 19th-century conveyance in a 21st-century city.
Stop At: Charleston City Market, 188 Meeting St, Charleston, South Carolina 29401
Our Barn is located just off of the Charleston City Market. You will meet your certified tour guide here and then you will depart on your hour long horse or mule drawn carriage tour. The carriage will go through the City gate at the market where the tour guide is assigned a tour route. You will see about 30 blocks of the historic district which will include beautiful architecture, churches, buildings, gardens and more. The tour returns to the Big Red Barn.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Palmetto Carriage Works, 8 Guignard St, The Big Red Barn, Charleston, South Carolina 29401
This is where you will meet your tour guide and your horse or mule drawn carriage.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Joe Riley Waterfront Park, Concord Street, Vendue Range, Charleston, South Carolina 29401
Bright green public space overlooking the Charleston coast.
Pass By: Battery & White Point Gardens, East Battery & Murray Blvd., Charleston, South Carolina 29401
Public Garden and outdoor space located in the Battery
Pass By: Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon, 122 E Bay St, Charleston, South Carolina 29401
Completed in 1771 as the New Exchange and Customs House, and recognized today as South Carolina's most historic building.
Pass By: Rainbow Row, 79 E Bay St # 107, Charleston, South Carolina 29401
The longest cluster of Georgian row houses in the United States.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Experience 25-30 blocks of Charleston’s historic downtown district
- Learn about buildings, history, architecture, flora, and the people that make up the “Holy City”
- See a mixture of houses, gardens, mansions, churches, and parks
- Professional Guide
- 1-hour Horse Drawn Carriage Ride of Historic Charleston
- Gratuities (Optional)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Average 4.79 out of 5 stars based on 1977 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought