DC Monuments and Capitol Hill Tour by Electric Cart
See Washington DC’s major sites in a fun, unique way – aboard an electric cart! As you explore Capitol Hill, see famous monuments and landmarks including the White House, US Capitol Building, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Smithsonian and more. These eco-friendly, all-electric vehicles let you enjoy the fresh air while admiring great up-close views of DC's major locations and off-the-beaten-path areas. You'll also hop off your cart to explore some areas by foot.
This is a small group experience, with each electric cart limited to a max of 7 people. Whilst we do our best to seat groups together, we aren’t able to guarantee to seat together and at times groups may be asked to sit on separate carts.
Stop At: National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial, 400 E St Northwest, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20003
Arrive 15 minutes early to join our small group tour of the National Mall on board our all-electric 7 person vehicle — a sustainable option that is perfect for covering the huge area and many monuments in DC.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, 10th Street and Constitution Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20560
Your tour starts at the Smithsonian complex and proceeds through the major monument areas.
Pass By: Jefferson Memorial, 701 E Basin Dr SW, At the south shore of the Tidal Basin, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20242
Marvel at the Jefferson Memorial
Pass By: Washington Monument, 2 15th St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20560
See the Washington Monument
Pass By: Lincoln Memorial, 2 Lincoln Memorial Cir NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20002
See the Lincoln Memorial
Pass By: National World War II Memorial, 1750 Independence Ave SE, Near 7th St. & Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20003
Vsit the World War I Memorial, World War II Memorial
Pass By: Korean War Veterans Memorial, 10 Daniel French Dr SW, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20002
See the Korean War Veterans Memorial
Pass By: Vietnam Veterans Memorial, 5 Henry Bacon Dr NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20002
See the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Pass By: White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20500
Continue past DC’s most famous icon: the White House. Be sure to have your camera ready for this portion of the ride!
Pass By: U.S. Capitol, East Capitol St NE & First St SE, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20004
Finally, feast your eyes on the buildings of Capitol Hill and learn the history behind them. End your tour on a high note by asking your guide for an amazing spot for lunch before exploring the rest of DC on your own.
Pass By: National Mall, Constitution Ave NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia 20565
Our RedRoadsters are the personal and comfortable way to tour the National Mall. Equipped with roll-down clear siding they’re the perfect way to sightsee in the rain or wind.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Feel like royalty in all-electric Red Roadsters (Transport by electric cart Included)
- Join Local English-speaking driver/guide
- Be amazed by the White House and Capitol Hill
- Get tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay
- Learn the stories behind the Smithsonian Museums and the monuments
- Stroll through the FDR, MLK, and Lincoln memorials
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Specialized infant seats are available
- Transportation options are wheelchair accessible
- All areas and surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- This is a small group experience, with each electric cart limited to a max of 7 people. Whilst we do our best to seat groups together, we aren’t able to guarantee this and at times, groups may be asked to sit on separate carts.
- This tour runs year-round and will proceed rain or shine unless such weather constitutes a dangerous situation. The final decision on cancelling a tour will occur at least 1 hour prior to departure and all possible guests will be contacted.
- Carts accommodate most types of infant seats and we encourage parents to bring their own. We can provide an infant seat, as long as a guest calls us at least 48 hours before the tour and informs us of the age and weight of the infant.
- Wheelchairs can be accommodated, but not provided. We must be advised at time of booking if bringing your own wheelchair to ensure we can accommodate your request on your chosen date and departure time. All request are subject to availability.
- The itinerary and its order of stops are subject to change at any time. Monuments visited may change due to local road or monument closure which are beyond our control.
- Your tour covers the National Mall in an all-electric vehicle. We're committed to reducing the environmental impact of vehicle-based tourism in Washington DC, which makes up the vast majority of tours given in this city. Make a "green" difference by seeing the Mall via electric transportation!
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Average 4.87 out of 5 stars based on 1822 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought