Capitol Hill and DC Monuments Tour by Electric Cart
See Washington DC’s major sites in a fun, unique way – aboard an electric cart! As you explore Capitol Hill, see famous monuments and landmarks including the White House, US Capitol Building, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Smithsonian and more. These eco-friendly, all-electric vehicles let you enjoy the fresh air while admiring great up-close views of DC's major locations and off-the-beaten-path areas. You'll also hop off your cart to explore some areas by foot.
This is a small group experience, with each electric cart limited to a max of 7 people. Whilst we do our best to seat groups together, we aren’t able to guarantee to seat together and at times groups may be asked to sit on separate carts.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Washington DC Tour Hub, Washington DC, DC 20004
Meet at the Smithsonian Metro Stop in the morning to hop aboard your all-electric cart – a unique, fun, relaxing, and eco-friendly way to experience Washington DC. Each electric cart seats five people plus your local guide, and you'll drive in a group of three carts.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, 10th Street and Constitution Ave, Washington DC, DC 20560
Your tour starts at the Smithsonian complex and proceeds through the major monument areas.
Pass By: Jefferson Memorial, 701 E Basin Dr SW At the south shore of the Tidal Basin, Washington DC, DC 20242
Marvel at the Jefferson Memorial
Pass By: Washington Monument, 2 15th St. NW Near 15th St. & Madison Dr. NW, Washington DC, DC 20560
See the Washington Monument
Pass By: 2 Lincoln Memorial Cir NW, Washington DC, DC 20037
See the Lincoln Memorial
Pass By: National World War II Memorial, 1750 Independence Ave. SW Near 7th St. & Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC, DC 20024
Vsit the World War I Memorial, World War II Memorial
Pass By: Korean War Veterans Memorial, 10 Daniel French Dr SW, Washington DC, DC 20002
See the Korean War Veterans Memorial
Pass By: Vietnam Veterans Memorial, 5 Henry Bacon Dr NW, Washington DC, DC 20002
See the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Pass By: White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, DC 20500
Continue past DC’s most famous icon: the White House. Be sure to have your camera ready for this portion of the ride!
Pass By: U.S. Capitol, East Capitol St NE & First St SE, Washington DC, DC 20004
Finally, feast your eyes on the buildings of Capitol Hill and learn the history behind them. End your tour on a high note by asking your guide for an amazing spot for lunch before exploring the rest of DC on your own.
Pass By: National Mall, Constitution Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20565
Our RedRoadsters are the personal and comfortable way to tour the National Mall. Equipped with roll-down clear siding they’re the perfect way to sightsee in the rain or wind. Our vehicles are also equipped with warm blankets in the winter for your comfort.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Transport by electric cart
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This is a small group experience, with each electric cart limited to a max of 7 people. Whilst we do our best to seat groups together, we aren’t able to guarantee to seat together and at times groups may be asked to sit on separate carts.
- Weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- This tour runs year round and will proceed rain or shine unless such weather constitutes a dangerous situation. Final decision on cancelling a tour will occur at least an hour prior to departure and all possible guests will be contacted.
- Due to the popularity of this tour we will not accept day-of changes to your reservation.
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Your tour covers the National Mall in an all-electric vehicle. We're committed to reducing the environmental impact of vehicle-based tourism in Washington DC, which makes up the vast majority of tours given in this city. Make a "green" difference by seeing the Mall via electric transportation!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children under 4 are not permitted to sit on a parent's or guardian's lap due to local safety regulations in the eCruiser.
- Carts accommodate most types of infant seats and we encourage parents to bring their own. We can provide an infant seat, as long as a guest calls us at least 48 hours before the tour and informs us of the age and weight of the infant.
- As of January 17, 2022, all guests on our cart tours will be required to bring a mask with them. Masks must be worn while on tour on an enclosed cart. Masks will be optional while on tour on an open-air cart.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing.
- Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognizes companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols.
Average 4.74 out of 5 stars based on 354 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities