DC Monuments and Capitol Hill Tour by Electric Cart
See Washington DC’s major sites in a fun, unique way – aboard an electric cart! As you explore Capitol Hill, see famous monuments and landmarks including the White House, US Capitol Building, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Smithsonian and more. These eco-friendly, all-electric vehicles let you enjoy the fresh air while admiring great up-close views of DC's major locations and off-the-beaten-path areas. You'll also hop off your cart to explore some areas by foot.
This is a small group experience, with each electric cart limited to a max of 7 people. Whilst we do our best to seat groups together, we aren’t able to guarantee to seat together and at times groups may be asked to sit on separate carts.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: L'Enfant Plaza, D St Southwest, Washington DC, DC 20024
Arrive 15 minutes early to join our small group tour of the National Mall on board our all-electric 7 person vehicle — a sustainable option that is perfect for covering the huge area and many monuments in DC.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, 10th Street and Constitution Ave, Washington DC, DC 20560
Your tour starts at the Smithsonian complex and proceeds through the major monument areas.
Pass By: Jefferson Memorial, 701 E Basin Dr SW At the south shore of the Tidal Basin, Washington DC, DC 20242
Marvel at the Jefferson Memorial
Pass By: Washington Monument, 2 15th St. NW Near 15th St. & Madison Dr. NW, Washington DC, DC 20560
See the Washington Monument
Pass By: 2 Lincoln Memorial Cir NW, Washington DC, DC 20037
See the Lincoln Memorial
Pass By: National World War II Memorial, 1750 Independence Ave. SW Near 7th St. & Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC, DC 20024
Vsit the World War I Memorial, World War II Memorial
Pass By: Korean War Veterans Memorial, 10 Daniel French Dr SW, Washington DC, DC 20002
See the Korean War Veterans Memorial
Pass By: Vietnam Veterans Memorial, 5 Henry Bacon Dr NW, Washington DC, DC 20002
See the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Pass By: White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, DC 20500
Continue past DC’s most famous icon: the White House. Be sure to have your camera ready for this portion of the ride!
Pass By: U.S. Capitol, East Capitol St NE & First St SE, Washington DC, DC 20004
Finally, feast your eyes on the buildings of Capitol Hill and learn the history behind them. End your tour on a high note by asking your guide for an amazing spot for lunch before exploring the rest of DC on your own.
Pass By: National Mall, Constitution Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20565
Our RedRoadsters are the personal and comfortable way to tour the National Mall. Equipped with roll-down clear siding they’re the perfect way to sightsee in the rain or wind. Our vehicles are also equipped with warm blankets in the winter for your comfort.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Join Local English-speaking driver/guide
- Feel like royalty in all-electric Red Roadsters (Transport by electric cart Included)
- Learn the stories behind the Smithsonian Museums and the monuments
- Be amazed by the White House and Capitol Hill
- Stroll through the FDR, MLK, and Lincoln memorials
- Get tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This is a small group experience, with each electric cart limited to a max of 7 people. Whilst we do our best to seat groups together, we aren’t able to guarantee this and at times, groups may be asked to sit on separate carts.
- This tour runs year-round and will proceed rain or shine unless such weather constitutes a dangerous situation. The final decision on cancelling a tour will occur at least 1 hour prior to departure and all possible guests will be contacted.
- Carts accommodate most types of infant seats and we encourage parents to bring their own. We can provide an infant seat, as long as a guest calls us at least 48 hours before the tour and informs us of the age and weight of the infant.
- Wheelchairs can be accommodated, but we need to know in advance.
- The itinerary and its order of stops are subject to change at any time. Monuments visited may change due to local road or monument closure which are beyond our control.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing.
- Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognizes companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardized protocols.
Average 4.75 out of 5 stars based on 841 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities