Discover the iconic sights of Washington, DC at your own pace by open-top Hop on Hop off Bus and the only National Park Service authorized tour of the National Mall and Memorial Parks. The bus route is designed to take you on a captivating journey through Washington DC's rich history and daily life where you'll pass by and have the opportunity to hop off and further explore the city's most iconic and historical memorials, monuments and museums. Many customers choose to do one full loop to see the city and decide where they want to hop off on the next loop around, but its completely up to you how you plan your day and visit.
Customers can also try a one-hour free bike rental from Unlimited Biking. Rental includes bike, helmet, basket, lock, roadside assistance and an illustrated map featuring key routes and attractions.
Route Duration: 2 hours
- Capital Bikeshare: 10th St & L'Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA - Stop 1 - L’Enfant Plaza, Corner Crosswalk in Front of Spy Museum
- Washington Monument, 2 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA - Stop 2 - Washington Monument West (On Raoul Wallenburg Place, between Jefferson Dr. and Independence Ave)
- East Basin Drive Southwest, E Basin Dr SW, Washington, DC, USA - Stop 3 - Jefferson Memorial (bus stop along from refreshment kiosk)
- 121 West Basin Dr SW, 121 West Basin Dr SW, Washington, DC 20004, USA - Stop 4 - FDR and MLK Memorial (Between FDR and MLK Memorials)
- 100 Daniel French Dr SW, 100 Daniel French Dr SW, Washington, DC 20245, USA - Stop 5 - Lincoln Memorial South & Korean War Memorial (next to Korean War Memorial)
- 23rd Street Northwest & Constitution Avenue Northwest, 23rd St NW & Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA - Stop 6 - Lincoln Memorial North & Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- VWJP+MC, VWJP+MC, Arlington, VA, USA - Stop 7 - Arlington Cemetery (in the bus parking zone)
- 18th Street Northwest & Constitution Avenue Northwest, 18th St NW & Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA - Stop 8 - World War II Memorial (in bus inlet front of Constitution Gardens)
- 1400 Jefferson Dr SW, 1400 Jefferson Dr SW, Washington, DC 20004, USA - Stop 9 - Washington Monument East
- 10th Street Northwest & Constitution Avenue Northwest, 10th St NW & Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA - Stop 10 - Natural History Museum (in front of the Natural History Museum)
- 610 10th St NW, 610 10th St NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA - Stop 11 - City Center & Chinatown
- 1401 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, 1401 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA - Stop 12 - The White House & Willard Hotel (outside Willard Hotel, near corner with 15th St. NW)
- 2436 Rayburn House Office Bldg, 2436 Rayburn House Office Bldg, Washington, DC 20004, USA - Stop 13 - US Capitol at Garfield Circle (East Side of Garfield Circle)
- 600 Independence Ave SW, 600 Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20597, USA - Stop 14 - Air & Space Museum (Outside main entrance on Independence Ave)
- 800 Maine Ave SW, 800 Maine Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA - Stop 15 - The Wharf & Potomac Boat Cruise (north-east corner of Maine Ave SW & 9th St)
White House / Tidal Basin / Washington Monument / National Mall / National Museum of African American History and Culture / U.S. Capitol / Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden / Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial / Ford's Theatre / Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History / Smithsonian American Art Museum / Smithsonian National Museum of Asian Art / Smithsonian Garden / United States Holocaust Memorial Museum / Art Museum of The Americas / Department of the Interior Museum / Lincoln Memorial / Vietnam Veterans Memorial / Korean War Veterans Memorial / Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial / International Spy Museum / National Museum of Women in the Arts / Black Lives Matter Plaza
Operates: First Departure at 9:30 am from 700 L’Enfant Plaza – NW Crosswalk in Front of Spy Museum (Near Capital Bikeshare) Last departure at 5:30 pm. Buses depart every 15-20 minutes.
Customers are advised to visit the Big Bus website or to download the app to find out more about our new health and safety measures and for the most update service information to include routes, route times and real live bus tracking.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 07:00 PM
- Bike Rental Offer: Rent a bike for one hour and get an additional hour free.
- Unlimited Hop-on, Hop-on Service
- Recorded commentary on board
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants are required to sit on an adult’s lap
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Operation times are subject to change without notice
- Tickets are valid from the first date of redemption
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Average 4.44 out of 5 stars based on 1226 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought