Big Bus Washington DC Open Top Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Discover the iconic sights of Washington, DC at your own pace by open-top Hop on Hop off Bus and the only National Park Service authorized tour of the National Mall and Memorial Parks. See the Memorials, Monuments and more on the Patriot Tour (Official National Mall Tour) to include new stops at Black Lives Matter Plaza and Senate Park. On board, customers will enjoy recorded commentary, including the history of the Washington, DC and the Nation's famous memorials and monuments.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Ideal choice for families
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Official Tour of the National Mall and Capital City Landmarks
Route Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Capital Bikeshare - Stop 1 - L’Enfant Plaza, Corner Crosswalk in Front of Spy Museum
- 2 15th St NW - Stop 2 - Washington Monument West (between Jefferson Dr. and Independence Ave)
- 121 West Basin Dr SW - Stop 3 - FDR and MLK Memorials
- 100 Daniel French Dr SW - Stop 4 - Lincoln Memorial South & Korean War Memorial
- 610 10th St NW - Stop 5 - City Center & Ford’s Theater
- 1401 Pennsylvania Avenue NW - Stop 6 - The White House & Willard Hotel (Outside the Willard Hotel)
- 1610 H St NW - Stop 7 - BLM Plaza/White House North (Near Lafayette Square)
- 415 New Jersey Ave NW - Stop 8 - Columbus Circle & Senate Park (In front of Yotel Hotel)
- 800 Maine Ave SW - Stop 9 - Wharf & Potomac Boat Cruise (NE Corner of Maine)
White House / Tidal Basin / Washington Monument / National Mall / National Museum of African American History and Culture / U.S. Capitol / Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden / Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial / Ford's Theatre / Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History / Smithsonian American Art Museum / Smithsonian Institution Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery / Smithsonian Garden / United States Holocaust Memorial Museum / Art Museum of The Americas / Department of the Interior Museum / Lincoln Memorial / Vietnam Veterans Memorial / Korean War Veterans Memorial / Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial / International Spy Museum / National Museum of Women in the Arts / Black Lives Matter Plaza
Operates: First Departure at 9:00 am from 700 L’Enfant Plaza – NW Crosswalk in Front of Spy Museum (Near Capital Bikeshare) Last departure at 4:00 pm. Buses depart every 60 minutes.
We have introduced a number of new health & safety measures to reduce the risk associated with the spread of Covid-19 in line with government advice and requirements of the local health authorities. These include regular cleaning of buses and social distancing measures.
To uphold these new safety and hygiene standards in keeping our guests safe during the Covid-19 Pandemic, we may have to operate a reduced service and changes to ticket inclusions. This may also include frequency of departures, changes to routes and reduction/removal of stops.
Customers are advised to visit our website or to download our app to find out more about our new health and safety measures and for the most update service information to include routes, route times and real live bus tracking.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 6:00 PM
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Recorded commentary on board
- One or Two Day Hop on Hop off Bus Ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Live commentary in English only. Recorded commentary is available in the following languages: English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Mandarin, Japanese, and Brazilian Portuguese
- Operation times are subject to change without notice
- Classic 1-day ticket will be valid for same day use. Tickets claimed after 2pm will be valid for additional day from time of redemption
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Masks are required for entry. Social distancing is encouraged from groups separate from your own.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Maps and brochures will not be handed out on the service and customers are encouraged to download our Free Mobile App providing extended digital content including map and live bus tracking.
Average 4.03 out of 5 stars based on 751 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
This Big Bus is just amazing and it goes all over the city spectacular views great appreciated.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Washington DC specialist!
Product code: COOL-5096DCHOHO
Similar Tours & Activities