Big Bus Washington DC Open Top Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Discover the iconic sights of Washington, DC at your own pace by open-top Hop on Hop off Bus and the only National Park Service authorized tour of the National Mall and Memorial Parks. See the Memorials, Monuments and more on the Patriot Tour (Red Route) to include new stops at Black Lives Matter Plaza and the Wharf. You can also explore Arlington National Cemetery on the Blue Route (American Heroes Shuttle). On board, customers will enjoy recorded commentary, including the history of the Washington, DC and the Nation's famous memorials and monuments. Customers can also try a one-hour free bike rental from Unlimited Biking and access to the multi-sensory digital art at Artechouse
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Ideal choice for families
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Route Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Capital Bikeshare: 10th St & L'Enfant Plaza SW - Stop 1 - L’Enfant Plaza, Corner Crosswalk in Front of Spy Museum
- 2 15th St NW - Stop 2 - Washington Monument West (between Jefferson Dr. and Independence Ave)
- 121 West Basin Dr SW - Stop 3 - FDR and MLK Memorials (Closed until 20th April 2022)
- 100 Daniel French Dr SW - Stop 4 - Lincoln Memorial South & Korean War Memorial (Closed until 20th April 2022)
- VWJP+MC Arlington - Stop 5 - Arlington Cemetery
- 10th Street Northwest & Constitution Avenue Northwest - Stop 6 - Natural History Museum
- Big Bus Tours Washington DC Visitor Center - Stop 7 - City Center & Ford Theater
- 1401 Pennsylvania Avenue NW - Stop 8 - The White House & Willard Hotel (Outside the Willard Hotel)
- 600 Independence Ave SW - Stop 9 - Air & Space Museum
- 800 Maine Ave SW - Stop 10 - Wharf & Potomac Boat Cruise (NE Corner of Maine)
White House / Tidal Basin / Washington Monument / National Mall / National Museum of African American History and Culture / U.S. Capitol / Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden / Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial / Ford's Theatre / Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History / Smithsonian American Art Museum / Smithsonian Institution Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery / Smithsonian Garden / United States Holocaust Memorial Museum / Art Museum of The Americas / Department of the Interior Museum / Lincoln Memorial / Vietnam Veterans Memorial / Korean War Veterans Memorial / Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial / International Spy Museum / National Museum of Women in the Arts / Black Lives Matter Plaza
Operates: First Departure at 9:30 am from 700 L’Enfant Plaza – NW Crosswalk in Front of Spy Museum (Near Capital Bikeshare) Last departure at 4:30 pm. Buses depart every 15-20 minutes.
Customers are advised to visit the Big Bus website or to download the app to find out more about our new health and safety measures and for the most update service information to include routes, route times and real live bus tracking.
Blue Loop - American Heroes Shuttle
Route Duration: 30 minutes
- Korean War Veterans Memorial - 100 Daniel French Dr SW.
- Memorial Avenue - Arlington Cemetery (in the bus parking zone)
Arlington National Cemetery / Lincoln Memorial / Korean War Veterans Memorial
Operates: First Bus: 10:26 AM from -Stop # 5 - Lincoln Memorial & Korean War Memorial.
Last Bus: 4:26 PM at Stop # 6 - Arlington Cemetery.
Full Circuit Time: 30 Minutes (approx.)
Bus Frequency: Avery 20-30 mins
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 30 to 90 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 PM
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Recorded commentary on board
- One, Two, or Three Day Hop on Hop off Bus Ticket
- 1 Red Route
- 1 Blue Loop
- ARTECHOUSE DC Bonus Offer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Recorded commentary is available in the following languages: English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Mandarin, Japanese, and Brazilian Portuguese
- Operation times are subject to change without notice
- Classic 1-day ticket will be valid for same day use. Tickets claimed after 2pm will be valid for additional day from time of redemption
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Show Bus ticket at the entrance to ARTECHOUSE DC to receive $5 off Anytime tickets
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Average 3.96 out of 5 stars based on 857 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities