The Ultimate Day in the Bay Including Muir Woods
Explore all of San Francisco’s most famous neighborhoods. Enjoy a relaxing lunch in the rich North Beach neighborhood. Then take a short ride with us up to Muir Woods National Monument.
This San Francisco tour is our most popular and top-rated because you get to see our beautiful City by the Bay with a local guide.
9:00AM – Depart Fisherman’s Wharf
9:00AM -12:00PM – Explore San Francisco’s BEST neighborhoods!
During this time, you are treated to entertaining stories about the neighborhoods and several photo stoops.
12:00PM - 1:45PM – Lunch in North Beach!
Enjoy a leisurely lunch in North Beach and experience why this neighborhood is everyone's favorite!
2:00PM - 3:15PM – Explore Muir Woods
After lunch, you will have 75 minutes to walk amongst some of the last remaining coastal redwoods in the world!
4:00PM –Return to Fisherman’s Wharf
We return at the same location we started for you to enjoy the rest of your day!
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Led by a local guide
- Excellent value for money
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
One of San Francisco’s most popular destinations – from beautiful old shipyards, to Boudin’s Bakery and the smell of fresh clam chowder, Fisherman’s Wharf has it all.
Pass By: North Beach, Broadway at Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94111
Voted as one of the USA’s “ten great neighborhoods”, North Beach is best known as the home of Little Italy. From delicious restaurants to authentic sidewalk cafes and bakeries, you will feel the charm of San Francisco as soon as you arrive.
Pass By: Chinatown, Chinatown, San Francisco, California
Boasting the largest Chinatown in the United States, this 24-block mecca is bustling with energy, amazing food, and unique and colorful shops that give this area its charm.
Pass By: Tenderloin, San Francisco, CA
Nestled near downtown San Francisco, the Tenderloin neighborhood continues to resist gentrification, all while spearheading the local arts movement. It’s a must-see in our modern-day city.
Stop At: Pacific Heights, Pacific Heights, San Francisco, California
Offering one of the most scenic outlooks in all of Northern California, Pacific Heights is home to Billionaire’s Row, featuring the estates of politicians, tech titans and other San Francisco celebrities (includes Mrs. Doubtfire house!)
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Twin Peaks, Twin Peaks, Lake Arrowhead, California
Featuring a panoramic view of all of San Francisco, Twin Peaks offers ones of the best perspectives of the downtown skyline, surrounding hills and vistas (weather permitting).
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mission District, Mission District, San Francisco, California
Known for its prominent and colorful mural installations, delicious food, and vibrant art and music scene, The Mission embodies the culture of old and new San Francisco.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: The Castro, Castro and Market Sts., San Francisco, CA 94114
One of the most vibrant neighborhoods in the United States. Colorful bars and restaurants line the streets, with the historic Castro Theater overlooking the area that Harvey Milk once called home.
Stop At: Haight-Ashbury, Haight Street between Masonic and Stanyan, San Francisco, CA 94117
The origin of the hippie culture and the birth place of the “Summer of Love.” From the stunning Painted Ladies to the homes of music’s favorite 60’s bands, this district started the counter-culture movement across the USA.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Presidio of San Francisco, 210 Lincoln Boulevard on the Presidio's Main Post, San Francisco, CA 94129
Former military base, now a beautiful park that includes Crissy Field, Fort Point, Lucasfilm’s (George Lucas) headquarters and the Walt Disney Museum.
Stop At: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Declared “one of the 10 wonders of the modern world,” the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the most recognized symbols of San Francisco. Simply stunning!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Muir Woods National Monument is home to some of the oldest and most beautiful trees in the world. Many of our guests consider this stop to be the highlight of their trip.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 710 Beach St, San Francisco, CA 94109, USA
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Muir Woods entrance fee ($15)
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Dylan's Tours agrees to ensure our staff is healthy, to rigorously clean/sanitize all areas and to practice social distancing when possible to ensure you have a safe and healthy experience.
Average 4.94 out of 5 stars based on 53 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-30758P1
Similar Tours & Activities