Small Group Muir Woods with Napa & Sonoma Wine Tour
See Muir Woods and Wine Country in one great tour. Pass through the beautiful Marin Headlands on your way to Muir Woods National Monument where you will walk amongst some of the tallest trees in the world! In the afternoon, relax in both the Napa & Sonoma Valley Wine Country area, where you will enjoy local wine tastings at a variety of fine California wineries (tastings included). End the day with a drive across the Golden Gate Bridge before arriving back in San Francisco in time for dinner.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Experience the grandeur of Muir Woods and explore California's gorgeous Wine Country in one great tour! You'll begin your day by crossing the Golden Gate Bridge and passing through the beautiful Marin Headlands on your way to Muir Woods National Monument.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Here you will spend over an hour strolling among some of the tallest trees in the world. Take the flat boardwalk along the creek or break a sweat on one of the steeper trails along the canyon. Make sure to keep an eye open for salmon and banana slugs!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sonoma Plaza, Spain Street Between First Street East and First Street West, Sonoma, CA
Continuing north, you’ll stop for lunch in Sonoma Square or have a picnic lunch among the vines! If there’s time, make sure to meander through historic Mission San Francisco de Solano, sample cheeses at Sonoma Jack’s Cheese Factory, and peruse the boutique shops of this quaint town square.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Napa Valley, Napa Valley, California
Now is the time to kick back, practice your wine-swill technique, and enjoy the incredible selection of wines offered by our expert selection of wineries, one in picturesque Sonoma Valley and one in the famous Napa Valley. Our friendly hosts will take us through a variety of white, red, and dessert wines such as Bouchaine, Kieu Hoang, Homewood, Larson, Peter Cellars, and Robledo, among others. While each winery offers a selection of tastings included in this package, additional tasting fees may apply if you’re hankering to try a selection not on the tasting menu.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at most central San Francisco hotels and hostels.
- Duration: 10 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Transport and guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wine tastings at two wineries
- Muir Woods - $15 entrance fees (16 years old & older), FREE (15 years old & under)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Additional wine tastings ($15-25)
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 21 years to consume alcohol
- This tour does not pickup from the San Francisco International Airport, Oakland International Airport or airport hotels
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.25 out of 5 stars based on 40 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
If you are lucky enough to get Jill as a guide, you know you're going to have a good time. We were a group of 4 women in our late 30's/early 40's going on a girl's weekend to San Fran. We decided to do this tour pretty last minute and am so glad we did! Jill was entertaining and really knew her stuff about Muir Woods and Sonoma. We went to Robledo and Larson Family Wineries. When you go to Larson, find Bob. He's the best wine pourer and hilarious! Plus, who doesn't like 3 gorgeous labs to play with while you're drinking wine? Overall, I wish I could put Jill in my pocket and have her be our tour guide for every trip! Highly suggest for a worry-free, fun trip!
Great tour! Our tour guide was absolutely awesome and very engaging. Answered any questions we had. We ended up not going to Suausalito by unanimous decision, but we went instead to get an iconic view of the San Francisco bridge and view the pacific ocean! Highly recommend this tour!
Wonderful tour! Great guide! Lots of fun! Initiate feel at the wineries
Brilliant Day out
This was an excellent full day tour. Just the right combination of nature and culture. The bus was first rate and very comfortable. What really made the trip was the excellent driver/tour guide. Sarah was absolutely excellent!
This was awesome!
We did this tour on a girls trip back in October and it was absolutely wonderful. Muir woods was simply stunning, although we highly recommend planning what to do if your group gets separated, we had a panic thinking half our group might get left behind and there is absolutely zero service. The wineries were fantastic, we felt like special guests the whole time, and the brewery had some of the best beer we've had, and we're craft beer people. The servings were plenty to ensure a great time. The sexy goat beer was my favorite! Our tour guide, Mitch, simply made the trip. He felt like a friend by the end of the day. He was hilarious and lively the whole day, and made San Fran traffic a story to tell. He even recommended his favorite chinese food place in his neighborhood and most impressive, stopped by later to make sure they were treating us right! 10/10 would recommend.
Had a great time! Dylsn was funny and had a wealth of knowledge. He told us about certain places to visit (breweries, wineries, restsurants etc). I'd recommend this tour for anyone who not only loves nature, but also enjoys wine and beer.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Francisco specialist!
Product code: COOL-3454_B0020
Similar Tours & Activities