Muir Woods & Sausalito Half-Day Tour (Return by Bus or Ferry from Sausalito)
Take time out from San Francisco on a half-day trip to Muir Woods National Park and Sausalito.
This enthralling half-day trip takes you across the Golden Gate Bridge to the Bay Area's most popular National Park Monument to experience the magnificent views of the Giant redwoods during a 90' stop (entrance fee included).
Next, visit the beautiful coastal town of Sausalito, a gorgeous Mediterranean-style village with quaint shops and waterfront restaurants. If a one-hour stop in Sausalito isn't enough for you, you can extend your stay by upgrading your tour to include the Sausalito ferry back to San Francisco.
If you decide to come back by bus and are looking for possibilities to complete your other half-day, we offer you an upgraded option to save money, which includes a 4h Bike rental package from our partner Unlimited Biking (757 Beach Street, San Francisco, CA 94109). Fall in love with all San Francisco has to offer as you pedal around and explore the area at your own pace.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All entrance fees included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Union Square, Union Square, San Francisco, California
Departing the heart of Union square, the coach makes its way to the Golden Gate Bridge.
On your way to the Golden Gate Bridge, travelers will see:
Union Square: Theatres, shopping, hotels
Pass By: Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA
Famous for being used as a firebreak, by the US Army during the 1906 earthquake and fire.
Pass By: Cow Hollow, Union St, San Francisco, CA
Two affluent neighborhoods, attracting young professionals. Chic fashion boutiques, Pilates studios, juice shops, beauty salons. Many fine dining restaurants ranging from French Bistros to American Fusion Cuisine.
Pass By: Crissy Field, 1199 E Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129-1605
Driving above Crissy Field it gives a great vantage of the San Francisco Bay, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Crossing the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
On a clear day, the Golden Gate Bridge offers a panoramic view of the bay and the San Francisco skyline.
Pass By: Marin County, Marin County, California
Entering Robin Williams tunnel as we exit travelers get a view of Sausalito.
Stop At: Muir Woods National Monument, 1 Muir Woods Rd, Mill Valley, CA 94941-4205
Muir Woods lies in the middle of the redwood's latitudinal region.
The incredible diversity of flora and fauna can be daunting at times. Redwoods, Stellar’s jay, ladybugs, ancient horsetail ferns, and the banana slug are all a part of the hiking experience.
We offer the maximum time allowed at Muir Woods for any tour operator (90'). We would love to offer more time at this beautiful National Park, but every tour operator has a limited parking time at the Park to allow access to all visitors.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sausalito, Sausalito, Marin County, California
A gorgeous Mediterranean-style village with quaint shops, art galleries, and waterfront restaurants. We will stop for 60 minutes.
If you plan to extend your stay in Sausalito for more than one hour, we recommend booking the tour option "return by Ferry" so you can decide when to come back to San Francisco at your own pace. The Ferry docks at Pier 41, in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf.
If you book any of the Return by Bus options, you will be driven back to San Francisco and dropped off at the same locations you've been picked up: 478 Post. St or 2800 Leavenworth.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
First Drop-off location
On the northern waterfront, is the cities most visited and busiest tourist areas. Souvenir shops, stalls selling crab and clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls, appear at every turn.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Union Square, Union Square, San Francisco, California
Second drop- off location
Duration: 5 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 5 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 4-hour tour of Muir Woods and Sausalito
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach & Professional Tour Guide
- Admission ticket to Muir Woods National Monument (15$ value included)
- 90' stop guaranteed in Muir Woods (maximum time allowed by National Parks)
- 60' Stop in Sausalito
- Return Ferry to San Francisco from Sausalito (if tour option is purchased)
- 4h Bike Rental in San Francisco (if tour option is purchased)
- Entry/Admission - Muir Woods National Monument
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We offer options to return by Bus or Ferry from Sausalito. Each one has different prices, make sure you purchase the option you want. If you plan to stay longer than 60 minutes in Sausalito, we encourage customers to purchase any of our options that include "Ferry return from Sausalito"
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Please sign the digitized COVID-19 Waiver link before joining the tour
Average 4.34 out of 5 stars based on 2709 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities