Big Bus San Francisco Sightseeing and Alcatraz Combo
See all of San Francisco's top attractions with this special Big Bus hop-on hop-off tour and combo package. Create your own sightseeing itinerary, hopping on and off as you please at stops including Fisherman’s Wharf, the Golden Gate Bridge, Union Square and Lombard Street. Explore Sausalito on a Sausalito Tour. Also included in your ticket is a walking tour of the famous Chinatown neighborhood with a guide. High point: a visit to the notorious prison of Alcatraz — a must-see!
One Hop-on Hop-off Big Bus Ticket
Route Duration: 3 hours
- 99 Jefferson St - Stop 1 - San Francisco Visitor Center
- 621 Columbus Ave - Stop 2 - North Beach / Chinatown
- Clay St (500-598) - Stop 3 - Embarcadero Center
- Ferry Building - Stop 4 - Ferry Building
- 280 Geary St - Stop 5 - Union Square South
- 201 Mason St - Stop 6 - Redemption Center / Hilton Hotel
- 90 Fulton St - Stop 7 - Civic Center
- 944 Fell St - Stop 8 - Alamo Square
- 1816 Haight St - Stop 9 - Haight Ashbury
- 1816 Haight St - Stop 10 - Golden Gate Park (Monday - Saturday only)
- Golden Gate Bridge Vista Point - Stop 11 - North Vista Point / Golden Gate Bridge
- 211 Richardson Ave - Stop 12 - Palace of Fine Arts
- 2101 Lombard St - Stop 13 - Marina / Cow Hollow
- 1599 Lombard St - Stop 14 - Lombard Street
- Embarcadero - Stop 15 - Pier 39
Alcatraz Island / Big Bus Tours / The Embarcadero / Haight-Ashbury / Union Square / Civic Center / Fisherman’s Wharf / Palace of Fine Arts Theatre / Golden Gate Park / Golden Gate Bridge / Chinatown / Madame Tussauds
Operates: 1 Day Hop on Hop off Tour: Operates daily from 10:00am to 5:00pm, with buses departing every 60 minutes.
We have introduced a number of new health & safety measures to reduce the risk associated with the spread of Covid-19 in line with government advice and requirements of the local health authorities. These include regular cleaning of buses and social distancing measures.
To uphold these new safety and hygiene standards in keeping our guests safe during the Covid-19 Pandemic, we may have to operate a reduced service and changes to ticket inclusions. This may also include frequency of departures, changes to routes and reduction/removal of stops.
Customers are advised to visit our website or to download our app to find out more about our new health and safety measures and for the most update service information.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: See itinerary
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Round-trip ferry from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island (US$39.90 value)
- Sausalito Trolley Tour
- 1 Hour FREE Bike Rental with the purchase of 1 Hour
- One Day Hop-on Hop-off Ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Recorded commentary available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Mandarin, Korean, Cantonese and Italian
- To receive your Alcatraz Ticket you must check into the supplier office (on voucher) one day prior to the Alcatraz Tour date or before 9am on the date of your Alcatraz Tour.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Most travelers can participate
- Photo ID is required.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Maps and brochures will not be handed out on the service and customers are encouraged to download our Free Mobile App providing extended digital content including map and live bus tracking.
Average 4.15 out of 5 stars based on 246 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Was a very enjoyable day tour operator knew his stuff good sites loved Sausalito short break staff st office very helpful
Combo is okay but not to do on the same day. Big bus isn’t realllly a hop on and off. The ride is good though.
Loved Alcatraz. It was well worth going. It was nice that you could go at your own pace. Bought a signed book written by a prisoner.
We planned a fun 2 day trip to San Francisco and the big bus and Alcatraz excursion were fantastic. Six kids were mesmerized at the rock. Bus narrator and driver were fabulous. Funny and knowledgeable. Wish we knew to activate bus day early, we didn’t get the most out of it since it is for 24 hrs.
We absolutely loved our tour! We did the Alcatraz combo and spent our whole day doing the Big Bus red route and wished our day was longer! We had Doug for our bus tour and Peter for our Chinatown tour and felt very thankful for both of them! Both were so knowledgeable and made us laugh many times. We learned so much about the city and got some great recommendations on what to do on our non-tour days! Totally worth the money!!
So pleased we took the time to do the Alcatraz Tour, what an amazing place. As we only had a day and a half the sightseeing tour was an ideal way to get an over view of San Francisco. Would highly recommend to other travelers.
We came to explore San Francisco on a condensed schedule, and this worked really well for us. The Alcatraz audio tour was great, flexible to stop and start at our own pace, and deep enough but not overwhelming with information.Our Big Bus Tour guide (Susanne) was excellent. We called the staff at the office at least theee Times with questions before and during our trip, and they always got us answers to resolve any uncertainties or anxietyies about our times, tours, options, and so on.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Destinations specialist!.
Product code: COOL-5096ALCATRAZ
Similar Tours & Activities