Big Bus San Francisco Sightseeing and Alcatraz Combo
See all of San Francisco's top attractions with this special Big Bus hop-on hop-off tour and combo package. Create your own sightseeing itinerary, hopping on and off as you please at stops including Fisherman’s Wharf, the Golden Gate Bridge, Union Square and Lombard Street. Explore Sausalito on a Sausalito Tour. Also included in your ticket is a walking tour of the famous Chinatown neighborhood with a guide. High point: a visit to the notorious prison of Alcatraz — a must-see!
One Hop-on Hop-off Big Bus Ticket
Route Duration: 3 hours
- 99 Jefferson St
Alcatraz Island / Big Bus Tours
Operates: Hop-on Hop-off Tour: Operates daily from 9:00am to 5:00pm, with buses departing every 15-20 minutes in summer and every 20-30 minutes in winter
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: See itinerary
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Round-trip ferry from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island (US$39.90 value)
- Sausalito Trolley Tour
- Chinatown Walking Tour
- 1 Hour FREE Bike Rental with the purchase of 1 Hour
- One Day Hop-on Hop-off Ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Recorded commentary available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Mandarin, Korean, Cantonese and Italian
- To receive your Alcatraz Ticket you must check into the supplier office (on voucher) one day prior to the Alcatraz Tour date or before 9am on the date of your Alcatraz Tour.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Maps and brochures will not be handed out on the service and customers are encouraged to download our Free Mobile App providing extended digital content including map and live bus tracking.
Average 4.15 out of 5 stars based on 246 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Was a very enjoyable day tour operator knew his stuff good sites loved Sausalito short break staff st office very helpful
Combo is okay but not to do on the same day. Big bus isn’t realllly a hop on and off. The ride is good though.
Loved Alcatraz. It was well worth going. It was nice that you could go at your own pace. Bought a signed book written by a prisoner.
We planned a fun 2 day trip to San Francisco and the big bus and Alcatraz excursion were fantastic. Six kids were mesmerized at the rock. Bus narrator and driver were fabulous. Funny and knowledgeable. Wish we knew to activate bus day early, we didn’t get the most out of it since it is for 24 hrs.
We absolutely loved our tour! We did the Alcatraz combo and spent our whole day doing the Big Bus red route and wished our day was longer! We had Doug for our bus tour and Peter for our Chinatown tour and felt very thankful for both of them! Both were so knowledgeable and made us laugh many times. We learned so much about the city and got some great recommendations on what to do on our non-tour days! Totally worth the money!!
So pleased we took the time to do the Alcatraz Tour, what an amazing place. As we only had a day and a half the sightseeing tour was an ideal way to get an over view of San Francisco. Would highly recommend to other travelers.
We came to explore San Francisco on a condensed schedule, and this worked really well for us. The Alcatraz audio tour was great, flexible to stop and start at our own pace, and deep enough but not overwhelming with information.Our Big Bus Tour guide (Susanne) was excellent. We called the staff at the office at least theee Times with questions before and during our trip, and they always got us answers to resolve any uncertainties or anxietyies about our times, tours, options, and so on.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-5096ALCATRAZ
Similar Tours & Activities