Straight to the Gate Access: Golden Gate Bay Cruise
One hour scenic voyage - Ferry between Pier 43.5 and Fisherman’s Wharf while transiting along San Francisco’s breathtaking waterfront, passing under the Golden Gate and around Alcatraz! Learn the history of San Francisco Bay in an open-air museum setting and observe local marine life such as sea lions, pelicans, whales and more.
Don't worry about the unpredictable San Francisco weather! This is an open ticket which is valid for use on any day up until the end of the year.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, 499 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94109-1314
Departing from Pier 43 1/2 in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf, you'll sail past the San Francisco skyline and view the lively neighborhood of North Beach and San Francisco Maritime National Park.
Pass By: Fort Mason, the Great Meadow, Bay Street and Franklin Street, San Francisco, CA 94123
As you head west toward the Golden Gate Bridge, cruise along Fort Mason
Pass By: Marina District, Chestnut St, San Francisco, CA
Cruise along the Marina District which was devastated in the 1989 earthquake.
Pass By: Golden Gate Bridge, US-101, San Francisco, CA 94129
Don't miss incredible photo opportunities when sailing directly under the massive 4,200-foot (1,260-meter) span of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Pass By: Marin Headlands, Golden Gate National Recreation Area, CA 94965
Steaming back into the bay, you'll travel past the wildlife reserves of the Marin Headlands and the legendary town of Sausalito, home to the 1960s flower generation.
Pass By: Angel Island State Park, Pier 41, San Francisco, CA 94109
Pass by Angel Island State Park to your left.
Pass By: Alcatraz Island, Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94123
Slowly cruise around the infamous island of Alcatraz.
Pass By: San Francisco Bay Bridge, Highway 80 West, San Francisco, CA 94105
On your way back to Fisherman's Wharf, look out for the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge and Coit Tower.
Pass By: Pier 39, Beach Street & The Embarcadero Parking area, San Francisco, CA 94133
After a full hour of exciting sights, the barking sea lions at Pier 39 will welcome you back to Pier 43.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Red and White Fleet, 43 1/2, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- One-hour cruise
- Multilingual audio-guide in 16 languages
- "Straight to the gate" access
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Boat crew are trained to provide first aid and CPR support, and first aid kits are readily available on all vessels
- The main deck of each vessel are fully wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- All cruise vessels offer indoor and outdoor seating, restrooms, and seasonal snack bar service.
- Vessels operate on biodiesel - a renewable energy source.
- The award-winning audio narration is available in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai, Mandarin, Hindi, Korean, Japanese, Italian, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesian and Vietnamese.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 400 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Average 4.56 out of 5 stars based on 369 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
We did this 1hr tour while on a layover between flights. It was about 30mins (45 with traffic) drive from airport. The company had friendly staff and refreshments on board which hot chocolate for kids from Hawaii was needed. We were able to see to take amazing pictures of the bridge and the boat had plenty of seats. My family enjoyed so much
A great way to spend an hour on the bay. Do this first guys. Full of facts and insight into the usual landmarks you will see. A great overview of what SF has to offer. Helps get your bearings and an understanding of where you need to go.
A definite winner.
We had a blast. Great cruise . Beautiful scenery Easy on and off Would definitely go on this cruise again.
Very informative and nice to see everything from the water. Make sure you take a jacket if you want to stay upstairs!
If you're lucky enough to get a clear sky day (we did). This boat ride is absolutely stunning and perfect for taking pictures and seeing the bridge and surrounding island. Would definitely recommend.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-2630SFOCRS
Similar Tours & Activities