Paddlewheeler Creole Queen Historic Mississippi River Cruise
Take a 2 hour, 30 minute cruise down the great Mississippi River aboard the Paddlewheeler Creole Queen. Enjoy a narrated tour with a licensed historian describing 300-years of New Orleans history; from the founding of the city by the LeMoyne Brothers to the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina. During your cruise the vessel will dock at Chalmette Battlefield for a 1-hour excursion. Enjoy a guided tour and talk by a National Park Ranger about the battle of New Orleans, while taking in the sweet breeze and delicate waves along the river. Delight in a cash bar and/or a satisfying Creole lunch option available on the boat while viewing the famous French Quarter and Port of New Orleans from the river .
Stop At: Chalmette Battlefield, 1 Battlefield Road, Chalmette, Louisiana 70043 United States
Disembark at the site of the 1815 Battle of New Orleans at the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, where you can tour the Chalmette Battlefield including the Malus-Beauregard House and the Chalmette Monument before re-boarding for the return cruise.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, 419 Decatur St, New Orleans, Louisiana 70130 United States
Chalmette Battlefield is located in the Jean Lafitte National Park, making it an exciting and special addition to your river cruise!
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 1 Hour at Battlefield
- Local guide
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food and drinks (Available for Purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- No outside food or beverages are allowed on board.
- Bags are checked before boarding the vessel to ensure safety during the cruise.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If altered or canceled due to poor weather, cruise may remain dockside in the event of unfavorable sailing conditions.
- Due to limited capacity, refund requests made less than 24 hours prior to departure will NOT be considered. This includes missing the attraction for any reason. However, your ticket is transferable and valid for up to one year.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Average 4.66 out of 5 stars based on 636 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought