New Orleans Small-Group Haunted History Carriage Tour
The French Quarter is known as one of the most haunted places in America, and with so many ghost tours to choose from, the best choice is this 1-hour carriage tour from the award-winning Royal Carriages, recently awarded the 2018 Louisiana Attraction of the Year Award. Instead of walking around with a large group of people, you'll travel to and from haunted locations comfortably in a mule-drawn carriage guided by a professional tour. Learn about all the history, culture, and architecture in addition to the ghostly spirits that refuse to leave.
Stop At: Jackson Square, 701 Decatur St, New Orleans, Louisiana 70116
This authentic mode of transportation will help you time-travel back to the 1700s and 1800s when death and disease were rampant due to devastating fires, floods, murders, and more! Being that there are only 8-passengers on-board the carriage, the mule-drawn adventure is more intimate and unforgettable. The carriage-driving tour guides are top-rated licensed guides who have been sending chills down spines for over 75 years.
Meet and board at the carriage stand located at 700 Decatur Street. As your carriage departs from Jackson Square, your driver/guide will regale you with stories of the city's founding as the carriage passes through the historic French Quarter street.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana
Travel past landmarks such as Saint Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square, Napoleon House, and more as the carriage wind through New Orleans' oldest neighborhood, the French Quarter. Expect stories that are both historical, entertaining and appropriate for all visitors. It's important to understand the history so that you can understand the spirits that haunt the buildings.
New Orleans is considered to be the most haunted city in America. Countless tragedies have happened right in the French Quarter, including devastating floods and fires killing thousands, contagious epidemics resulting in thousands of deaths, and other odd occurrences like weird human torture experiments, medical experiments, love lost, and more. These stories have been documented in police records and history books, and some can be quite alarming! You'll learn about the stories, then about how the "spirits" are letting people know that they are still very present! Do you have goosebumps yet?
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: St. Louis Cathedral, 615 Pere Antoine Aly, New Orleans, Louisiana 70116
View St. Louis Cathedral, the famous landmark and oldest continuously active cathedral in the U.S.
Pass By: Lalaurie Mansion, 1140 Royal St, New Orleans, Louisiana 70116
Are you a fan of American Horror Story? If so, you will absolutely see the infamous LaLaurie Murder Mansion, and discover how the true story told on TV is both similar and different from what actually happened inside this house of horrors.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Awarded 2018 Louisiana Attraction of the Year
- Licensed professional guide
- 1-hour mule-drawn carriage ride
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- All tour participants must arrive 15 minutes early to the boarding location. Late arrivals will miss the tour and not be provided with a second opportunity to ride or a refund.
- This tour activity is subject to cancellation due to inclement weather such as flooding or lightning.
- Tours operate in favorable weather conditions, including rain. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Tickets prices apply to each passenger onboard the carriage, with the exception of infants or toddlers up to 4 years of age. All infants and toddlers must remain in the lap of their parent or guardian throughout the carriage tour.
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Average 4.67 out of 5 stars based on 1269 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought