New Orleans City of the Dead St. Louis Cemetery #1 & Voodoo Tour
Our experienced tour guides will walk you through the French Quarter where you'll discover its unique culture, architecture, and history. Hear stories of our incredible Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau and learn all about the Religion of Voodoo here in New Orleans.
Hear of those buried in St. Louis Cemetery #1 as your storyteller walks with you through the French Quarter's unique architecture and experience a city that is unlike any other.
Please keep in mind this tour is currently modified due to the extended closure of St. Louis Cemetery # 1.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Meet your guide at the corner of Royal and Conti Streets in the French Quarter 30 minutes prior to tour to start your voodoo and cemetery walking tour of New Orleans.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
As you stroll through the streets of the French Quarter, learn about New Orleans history and the classic architecture around the city. Walk by shotgun homes — one of the most popular styles of Southern homes in the early 1860s — as well as Creole townhouses. Along the way, hear more about the city’s legendary voodoo practitioners such as Marie Laveau. Many New Orleans residents believe in the religion, and various ancient traditions and rituals are still observed.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Bourbon Street, located in the heart of the French Quarter of New Orleans, is known for its many bars and clubs. With over 17 million visitors annually, it’s no secret that it has become one of the main attractions of the city.
Stop At: Louis Armstrong Park, 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3086
Once you leave the cemetery, head to the old train station, which is now a visitor center, to take a quick break before going to Louis Armstrong Park (formerly Congo Square). Your guide shares stories of large gatherings that took place here in the 1800s, including voodoo rituals.
Please note: Expect to walk at a leisurely pace and cover about one mile during your 2-hour tour. Comfortable walking shoes and water bottles are recommended.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
Learn about the history of the first settlements in New Orleans, see the first apartment buildings in the United States, St. Louis Cathedral-- and more!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Voodoo Authentica, 612 Dumaine St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3211
Learn all about New Orleans Voodoo, the history, traditions, and our Voodoo Queen, Marie Laveau.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 400 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Congo Square, 701 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- ALL CEMETERIES CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19
- All guides are licensed by the City of New Orleans.
- Bring bottled water. Weather conditions can become increasingly hot in the summer months and drinking water is necessary to prevent dehydration.
- Check In begins 30 minutes prior to tour departure. Tour departs on time. Late arrivals will not be refunded.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Children under 6 are free of charge.
- Due to citywide shutdowns, there will be no bathroom or bar breaks. Please come prepared.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- This is a modified version of the tour due to COVID-19 safety concerns regarding the cemetery. St. Louis Cemetery is currently closed. Tour groups will be kept to 50% capacity (14 guests.) Most public restrooms and bars are still closed, so there will be no bathroom or bar breaks.
Average 4.59 out of 5 stars based on 327 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Thanks again for booking your tour on Cool Destinations.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll always be happy to assist you with any of your future travel plans.
Thanks a lot for booking your tour on Cool Destinations.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Destinations specialist!.
Product code: COOL-5889COMBO