Our master storytellers will walk you through the French Quarter where you'll discover its unique culture, architecture, and history. Hear stories of our Voodoo Queen and learn about the religion of Voodoo. Each guide is unique, and no two tours are the same! This tour does not enter any cemeteries, but does cover cemetery history and burial practices.
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana
As you stroll through the streets of the French Quarter, learn about New Orleans history and the classic architecture around the city. Walk by shotgun homes — one of the most popular styles of Southern homes in the early 1860s — as well as Creole townhouses. Along the way, hear more about the city’s legendary voodoo practitioners such as Marie Laveau. Many New Orleans residents believe in the religion, and various ancient traditions and rituals are still observed.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Bourbon Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
Bourbon Street, located in the heart of the French Quarter of New Orleans, is known for its many bars and clubs. With over 17 million visitors annually, it’s no secret that it has become one of the main attractions of the city.
Stop At: Royal Street, Royal Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
A block from Bourbon Street, Royal Street is known for its art galleries and shops.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Louis Armstrong Park, 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, Louisiana 70116
Once you leave the cemetery, head to the old train station, which is now a visitor center, to take a quick break before going to Louis Armstrong Park, home of Congo Square.) Your guide shares stories of large gatherings that took place here in the 1800s, including voodoo rituals.
Please note: Expect to walk at a leisurely pace and cover about one mile during your 2-hour tour. Comfortable walking shoes and water bottles are recommended.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St, 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
See the oldest cemetery in New Orleans from the outside. Note we do not enter inside the cemetery. Hear about the different types of above ground tombs and the entombment process.
Stop At: Voodoo Authentica, 612 Dumaine St, New Orleans, Louisiana 70116
Learn all about New Orleans Voodoo, the history, traditions, and our Voodoo Queen, Marie Laveau.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Jackson Square, 701 Decatur St, New Orleans, Louisiana 70116
Learn about the history of the first settlements in New Orleans, see the first apartment buildings in the United States, St. Louis Cathedral-- and more!
Duration: 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details:
Jackson Square, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
- A guided walking tour with a licensed, 5-star guide.
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Food and drinks
- This tour does not enter any cemeteries.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- All guides are licensed by the City of New Orleans.
- Bring bottled water. Weather conditions can become increasingly hot in the summer months and drinking water is necessary to prevent dehydration.
- Check In begins 30 minutes prior to tour departure. Tour departs on time. Late arrivals will not be refunded.
- Children under 5 are free of charge.
- Please note St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 is closed to the public and no access will be granted
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This tour requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This tour requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Average 4.74 out of 5 stars based on 2803 traveler reviews collected by Cool Destinations and partner sites such as Trustpilot, Viator, and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities
Travelers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought