New Orleans French Quarter, Voodoo Tour or Cemetery Insiders Tour
For the French Quarter and Voodoo option: A 5-star guide will walk you through the French Quarter where you'll discover its unique culture, architecture, and history. Hear stories of our Voodoo Queen and learn about the Religion of Voodoo. Each guide is unique, no two tours are the same! This tour does not enter any cemeteries, but does cover cemetery history and burial practices.
For the Cemetery Insiders Option: Walk with your guide through three hallowed cemeteries, where you'll visit Masonic Cemetery #1, St. Patrick Cemetery #2, and the Katrina Memorial at Charity Hospital Cemetery. From burial customs and traditions to the deaths of the thousands buried in the graveyard behind the Katrina Memorial, this tour will leave you with feelings of trepidation and excitement. This option does not include the French Quarter and Voodoo portion.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
A block from Bourbon Street, Royal Street is known for its art galleries and shops.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
As you stroll through the streets of the French Quarter, learn about New Orleans history and the classic architecture around the city. Walk by shotgun homes — one of the most popular styles of Southern homes in the early 1860s — as well as Creole townhouses. Along the way, hear more about the city’s legendary voodoo practitioners such as Marie Laveau. Many New Orleans residents believe in the religion, and various ancient traditions and rituals are still observed.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Bourbon Street, located in the heart of the French Quarter of New Orleans, is known for its many bars and clubs. With over 17 million visitors annually, it’s no secret that it has become one of the main attractions of the city.
Stop At: Louis Armstrong Park, 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3086
Once you leave the cemetery, head to the old train station, which is now a visitor center, to take a quick break before going to Louis Armstrong Park, home of Congo Square.) Your guide shares stories of large gatherings that took place here in the 1800s, including voodoo rituals.
Please note: Expect to walk at a leisurely pace and cover about one mile during your 2-hour tour. Comfortable walking shoes and water bottles are recommended.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
Learn about the history of the first settlements in New Orleans, see the first apartment buildings in the United States, St. Louis Cathedral-- and more!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Voodoo Authentica, 612 Dumaine St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3211
Learn all about New Orleans Voodoo, the history, traditions, and our Voodoo Queen, Marie Laveau.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112-3535
See the oldest cemetery in New Orleans from the outside. Here about the different types of above ground tombs and the entombement process.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Masonic Temple Cemetery #2, 400 City Park Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
With the Cemetery Insiders upgrade, you'll tour the inside of this cemetery, founded in 1865 by a local chapter of Free Masons.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: 1: Jackson Square, 701 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
2: Hurricane Katrina Memorial, 5056 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
- Voodoo Walking Tour or Cemetery Insiders Walking our (Tour inside 3 Cemeteries)
- Entry/Admission - Masonic Temple Cemetery #2
- Food and drinks
- With Cemetery Insiders option, the French Quarter and Voodoo Tour is not included
- Entry/Admission - St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- All guides are licensed by the City of New Orleans.
- Bring bottled water. Weather conditions can become increasingly hot in the summer months and drinking water is necessary to prevent dehydration.
- Check In begins 30 minutes prior to tour departure. Tour departs on time. Late arrivals will not be refunded.
- Children under 5 are free of charge.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Please note St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 is closed to the public and no access will be granted
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Average 4.65 out of 5 stars based on 609 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities