Guided Boat Tour of New Orleans Bayou and Wildlife
Are you ready to experience one of the best excursions New Orleans has to offer? Adventures of Jean Lafitte offers personal Alligator Tours through Louisiana’s beautiful backcountry. Gather your whole crew and come experience the “road less traveled”!
You’ll be touring 20,000 acres of tidewater cypress swamp. During your 1 hour 30 minute tour you’ll have opportunities to see alligators, snakes, turtles, egrets, herons and ibis, and we sometimes see hawks, owls and bald eagles.
We are approximately 35-45 minutes from New Orleans. Both self-drive and hotel pickup options are available, and hotel pickups begin 75 minutes prior to tour time.Because we are located about 40 minutes outside of New Orleans, cab and uber services are not available.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adventures of Jean Lafitte, 5145 Fleming Park Rd, Lafitte, LA 70067, USA
Set out on a 20,000-acre (8,095-hectare) tract of tidewater cypress swamp close to the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. Your flat-bottomed boat is leisurely guided through the shallow marshes. Discover bayous lined with mossy cypress and tupelo-gum trees as your captain points out a stunning variety of wildlife. Enjoy a fully narrated tour by a local guide.
Prepare to see plenty of alligators in the warmer months (and warmer days in winter), some of which may be out sunning themselves on logs! Your guide may even feed the gators, affording you amazing photo opportunities. Also keep your eyes open for turtles, snakes, egrets, herons and ibis. You may even catch sight of a hawk, owl or bald eagle. In the cooler months, look for white-tailed deer, raccoons and the large rodents known as nutria.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Pontoon boat ride
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (if option with transport is selected at the time of booking)
- Food and drink (available for purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- The size of our swamp boats offer an opportunity to spread out and social distance, while also being outside!
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 72 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.35 out of 5 stars based on 62 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool New Orleans specialist!
Product code: C-273720P1
Similar Tours & Activities
Large Airboat Swamp Tour with New Orleans Pick Up
Airboat Ride with Round-Trip Transportation from New Orleans
Private New Orleans 2-Hour Sail Aboard a Luxury Yacht
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
New Orleans Airboat Ride