New Orleans Airboat Ride
Take a break from the hustle-bustle of New Orleans and escape to nature on this exhilarating, family-friendly airboat ride! Spot alligators, snakes, turtles, egrets and herons as you take a fast, fun ride over a tidewater cypress swamp close to Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. Admire moss-covered cypress and tupelo-gum trees as you explore bayous teeming with life and take advantage of incredible photo ops.
This small-group tour is limited to eight people (small airboat) or 25 people (large airboat) to allow for better views of the wildlife.
Please note: If you book the self-drive option you will not receive hotel pick up
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, 419 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130-1035
Drive-out approximately 30 miles (48 km) to the embarkation point of your airboat from your New Orleans hotel. Depending on the option you selected, board a large airboat holding 15 to 25 passengers or a small airboat limited to six to eight passengers for a more intimate, personalized experience.
Set out on a 20,000-acre (8,095-hectare) tract of tidewater cypress swamp close to the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. Your flat-bottomed airboat is powered by an aircraft propeller to allow a fast, fluid trip through the shallow marshes. Feel the wind on your face as you zip into bayous lined with mossy cypress and tupelo-gum trees and your pilot points out a stunning variety of wildlife.
Prepare to see plenty of alligators in the warmer months (and warmer days in winter), some of which may be out sunning themselves on rocks! Your guide may even feed the gators, affording you amazing photo opportunities. Also keep your eyes open for turtles, snakes, egrets, herons and ibis. You may even catch sight of a hawk, owl or bald eagle. In the cooler months, look for white-tailed deer, raccoons and the large rodents known as nutria.
Your morning or afternoon airboat tour ends at the embarkation point. Be sure to check out the indoor exhibits of alligators — including an albino alligator — before making your way back to downtown New Orleans on your own.
Note: This tour does not include hotel pick-up or drop-off unless hotel pickup and drop-off is selected at checkout. If you have selected hotel pickup and drop-off please specify your hotel details in the 'special requirements' field at the time of checkout or advise the local operator directly after booking.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 5145 Fleming Park Rd, Lafitte, LA 70067, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Note:THIS TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE TRANSPORTATION UNLESS YOU SELECT THE OPTION WITH TRANSPORT. If you have selected hotel pickup and drop-off please specify your hotel details at the time of checkout or advise the local operator directly after booking.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Airboat ride
- Local guide
- Hotel drop-off (If tour option with Transport is selected at the time of booking.)
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Reservations booked separately will not be guaranteed to be on the same boat
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.79 out of 5 stars based on 374 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
That was awesome. The tour guide was very informative and we saw lots of gators. Dont wear false eyelashes though.
Awesome tour! Our tour guide, Captain Tik Tok, was so great! Saw so many alligators, fed them, held a baby alligator, and so on! I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting NOLA!
This tour was great. The wife loved going through the swamp and they showed us some areas from the Princess and the Frog. Would reccomend for anyone. Also got to hold small gator. Very cool
Absolutely worth the price, I booked the larger tour, saw a bunch of gators and learned a lot about the area! Larry was a great guide and had a surprise fiend for us to meet half way through the tour. This was the highlight of my stay in NOLA and I would recommend it to anyone
Very close to the downtown and French quarter area, but still out in a cool and historic area of Lafitte. Other tours we have been on take extremely long time to get out to, so this was much appreciated!
All of the airboats were super cool and the captains were fantastic. So much wildlife to see and we saw and incredible amount of alligators! The captain's to the great job of feeding them a little bit while giving you wonderful knowledge about the reptile, you can see and hear the passion of what they do.
Would and always will recommend this place over any other gator/swamp tours to anybody visiting!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-6455NOLAAIR