New Orleans Airboat Ride
Take a break from the hustle-bustle of New Orleans and escape to nature on this exhilarating, family-friendly airboat ride! Spot alligators, snakes, turtles, egrets and herons as you take a fast, fun ride over a tidewater cypress swamp close to Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. Admire moss-covered cypress and tupelo-gum trees as you explore bayous teeming with life and take advantage of incredible photo ops.
This small-group tour is limited to eight people (small airboat) or 25 people (large airboat) to allow for better views of the wildlife.
Please note: If you book the self-drive option you will not receive hotel pick up
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mississippi River, LA
Drive-out along the Mississippi River approximately 30 miles (48 km) to the embarkation point of your airboat from your New Orleans hotel. Depending on the option you selected, board a large airboat holding 15 to 25 passengers or a small airboat limited to six to eight passengers for a more intimate, personalized experience.
Stop At: Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve, 419 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70130-1035
Set out on a 20,000-acre (8,095-hectare) tract of tidewater cypress swamp close to the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. Your airboat is powered by an aircraft propeller to allow a fast, fluid trip through the shallow marshes. Feel the wind on your face as you zip into bayous lined with mossy cypress and tupelo-gum trees.
Prepare to see plenty of alligators in the warmer months (and warmer days in winter), some of which may be out sunning themselves on rocks! Your guide may even feed the gators, affording amazing photo opportunities. Keep your eyes open for turtles, snakes, egrets, herons and ibis. You may even catch sight of a hawk, owl or bald eagle. In the cooler months, look for white-tailed deer, raccoons and the large rodents known as nutria.
Be sure to check out the indoor exhibits of alligators, including an albino alligator.
Note: This tour does not include hotel pick-up or drop-off unless option selected at checkout.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 5145 Fleming Park Rd, Lafitte, LA 70067, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Note:THIS TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE TRANSPORTATION UNLESS YOU SELECT THE OPTION WITH TRANSPORT. ***Pickups start one hour and 15 minutes prior to tour time.Tour also picks up at the locations below. Please contact local tour operator if you need to coordinate pick up from one of the following:1201 Decatur St.
600 Canal St.
638 St. Ann
901 Decatur (Pelican New Orleans - Maison Dupy)
905 Royal St.
925 Common St. (Luxury Apartments)
Balcony Music Club - 1331 Decatur
Corner of Chartres & Esplanade
Corner of N. Rampart & Esplanade
Holiday Inn on Royal
Holiday Inn Superdome on Loyola St.
Lighthouse ** Pickup at Lighthouse **
Courtyard by Marriott on Julia St.
Omni Riverfront (Pickup at Lowe's Hotel)
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Airboat ride
- Local guide
- Hotel drop-off (If tour option with Transport is selected at the time of booking.)
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Reservations booked separately will not be guaranteed to be on the same boat
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.82 out of 5 stars based on 457 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool New Orleans specialist!
Product code: COOL-6455NOLAAIR
Similar Tours & Activities