New Orleans Super Saver: City Tour and Steamboat Natchez Harbor Cruise
Enjoy a fully narrated city tour of historic New Orleans, where you will visit the world famous French Quarter, Jackson Square, Audubon Park and even uncover the mysteries surrounding Voodoo. Then take to the waters for a cruise on the Mississippi River. The Steamboat NATCHEZ is taking some time off, but her sister vessel will be taking her place. You’ll get the same authentic riverboat experience of a leisurely, two-hour cruise on the mighty Mississippi. Come and discover New Orleans today!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
First enjoy a grand overview of New Orleans, dubbed ‘The City That Care Forgot,’ on this comprehensive sightseeing coach tour. Start in the world-famous French Quarter, a quaint, mysterious area where the sights and sounds abound.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
Visit historic Jackson Square, home of the Cabildo and Presbytere museums, St. Louis Cathedral and learn about the Baroness Pontalba, who built the first apartment homes in America.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 3, 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-2902
Walk around one of New Orleans' historic above ground cemeteries, circa 1854, and take photos of the elaborate tombs and statuary. Guests may choose to stay on the bus.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: New Orleans City Park, 1 Palm Dr, New Orleans, LA 70124-4608
You will have a stop at picturesque City Park where stone footbridges cross lagoons and bayous in the shadows of centuries old oak trees. Explore the free 11 acre sculpture garden or purchase cafe au lait and beignets (cash only) at Cafe du Monde's newest location.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Audubon Park, 6500 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70118-4848
Home to the Audubon Zoo, rated one of the top five zoos in the nation.
Pass By: Garden District, St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130-5968
Following the path of the St Charles Avenue streetcar, the oldest continuously operating passenger railway system in the world, pass stately mansions, the homes of former kings and queens of Mardi Gras and the beautiful Garden District.
Stop At: Mississippi River, LA
Enjoy a Steam Calliope Concert daily. Tap your feet to Live Jazz (seasonal) on every cruise. This two-hour day cruise takes you back to a time when cotton was king and life was as slow and graceful as the current on the Mississippi River.
Enjoy the Captain's narration of the highlights of one of the world's busiest ports.
Tour the Historic Steam Engine Room and learn how steam powers the engines to turn the Paddlewheel and provide the energy for the delightful tunes of the calliope.
Cruise past the Chalmette Battlefield, where Jean Lafitte and his buccaneers joined forces with Andrew Jackson to defeat the British in the Battle of New Orleans. Enjoy a Creole lunch (additional cost-$13.50 per adult).
• 9am City Tour & 11:30am Cruise
• 12pm City Tour & 2:30pm Cruise
Sample Lunch Menu
Menu Subject to Change
Southern Fried Fish*Zesty cornmeal crusted and fried to a golden perfection
Red Beans and Rice New Orleans classic red beans with andouille sausage and served over Jazzmen® rice
Roast Beef Debris and GravyServed over mashed potatoes
Vegetarian Pasta Salad
Chef’s Daily Selection
Vegetable du Jour
House prepared creamy cole slaw
Cornucopia of Fresh Fruit
NATCHEZ Bread Pudding A New Orleans soufflé of La Louisiane French bread, eggs, cream, vanilla and cinnamon with a Callebaut® Belgian white chocolate sauce
La Louisiane Fresh Sliced French Bread
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Tulane University, 6823 Saint Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70118-5698
View Tulane University and Loyola University across from Audubon Park.
Stop At: Steamboat NATCHEZ, 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
The Steamboat NATCHEZ is taking some time off, but her sister vessel will be taking her place. You’ll get the same authentic riverboat experience of a leisurely, two-hour cruise on the mighty Mississippi, enjoying traditional live jazz, craft cocktails and all the beautiful New Orleans sites, while also exploring the newly renovated riverboat.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 2-hour narrated motorcoach tour
- 2-hour paddle wheeler boat cruise
- All taxes
- Entry/Admission - Steamboat NATCHEZ
- Lunch (approx. $13.50USD), refreshments and souvenirs are available for purchase on boat
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- If you wish to take both paddle and wheel tours on the same day, you must book the 9am departure
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the coach. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Our riverboats is wheelchair accessible. However, access to the top & bottom decks on the NATCHEZ are by stairs only. Please call us with any questions before finalizing your plans if you have questions on access or personal equipment.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Cruise is suitable for wheelchairs, but restrooms stalls are not wide enough to accommodate and there are no elevators on board.
- Please Note: Should the Steamboat NATCHEZ become unavailable for her yearly Coast Guard inspections and/or general maintenance, all cruises during this time will take place on her sister vessel - the newly renovated Riverboat CITY of NEW ORLEANS.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- Proof of at least one vaccine dose for all eligible individuals 12 years & older, or a negative COVID-19 PCR, molecular, or antigen test within 72 hours, is required at most indoor venues including dining &entertainment venues.,Beginning Jan. 3, this will extend to all individuals 5 years & older*.
Average 4.26 out of 5 stars based on 405 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Ken the driver and tour commentator was great. Alot of information was provided on architecture and history of the city. Gave an extensive list of foodie places to eat and take in the culture.
Once we were done with the city tour we jumped right on the the Natchez IX for a relaxing and further informative narration of things on the Mississippi River and some Katrina history remarks. Only steam paddle boat in the area. The other is an electric paddle boat.
This was a great way to see NOLA!!
Had a brilliant city tour our driver/guide Ken was excellent so knowledgeable would recommend the tour, went on the Natchez steam boat down the Mississippi but found it quite slow and boring
Best city tour I have been on since you saw a little bit of everything!
Really great tour combination. Tour guide on the bus was full of information, she was a history teacher. Answered questions about the city and sights and this was really enjoyable. Traveled and saw many sights of the city that we may not have been able to see by foot or trolley. The boat was nice, we had great weather, it was a narrated tour going one way, and a sit back relaxing ride back. Recommend to all.
This was an awesome tour! First, we did the bus tour with one of the best tour guides ever, Mike Marino. He was very knowledgeable and funny. Then we went back to the dock go aboard the steamboat Natchez. There was a buffet which I didn't partake of and great jazz music. It was a very relaxing experience
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities