Civil War Tour with Lotz House, Carter House & Carnton Admission from Nashville
Get an inside look at the bloodiest hours of the American Civil War on this tour from Nashville to Franklin, the site of the famous Battle of Franklin in 1864. Learn from your knowledgeable guide about the war’s dark history as you visit the Carter House and Lotz House, which still bear bullet holes and blood stains. You’ll also tour the Carnton and learn about its role during and after the war, when it became the country's largest private Confederate cemetery.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gray Line Tours, Nashville, TN 37201
You’ll be picked up from your Nashville hotel in the morning and taken by comfortable coach to Franklin, a nearby city that played a key role in the American Civil War.
Visit sites near where the Union and Confederate armies fought and hear stories from your knowledgeable guide about the Battle of Franklin, fought on November 30, 1864 and known by many as the five bloodiest hours of the Civil War.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Carter House, 1140 Columbia Ave, Franklin, TN 37064-3617
Stop by the Carter House, located at the center of the Union position during the battle. The house and its outer buildings still show hundreds of bullet holes.
Stop At: Carnton, 1345 Eastern Flank Cir, Franklin, TN 37064-1438
Next, enjoy free time in the quaint town of Franklin to shop, eat (own expense) and view other historic sites. You will then journey to the Carnton Plantation, ordered to be a Confederate field hospital by a Southern General and then made an eternal memorial to the Confederate soldiers by the mistress of the house.
Now, the plantation is home to the largest private Confederate cemetery in the US. Tour the plantation with your guide and hear narrative descriptions about that fateful battle and the aftermath of the war. After your tour, you’ll be taken back to your Nashville hotel.
Stop At: Lotz House Museum, 1111 Columbia Ave, Franklin, TN 37064-3616
At the Lotz House, which became a hospital after the battle, see cannon ball holes and bloodstains on the floors and walls, which bear witness to the savage nature of this horrific conflict. After touring these houses, you will be able to imagine how the residents of Franklin felt when they emerged from their homes on the morning after the battle to find more than 9,500 casualties.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 7 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 7-Hour Guided Civil War & History Day Tour from Nashville
- Learn about The Battle of Franklin and how it included the bloodiest hours of the Civil War
- Visit 3 historical homes located in the town of Franklin, TN
- Admission to Lotz House
- Admission to Carter House
- Admission to Carnton Plantation
- Spend time in the quaint historic town of Franklin to shop, eat, and view historic sites on your own
- Round-Trip Transportation from Nashville Aboard Air-Conditioned Shuttle
- Entry/Admission - Gray Line Tours
- Entry/Admission - Carter House
- Entry/Admission - Carnton
- Entry/Admission - Lotz House Museum
- Lunch (Lunch is on your own in downtown Franklin)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Lunch on your own in downtown Franklin.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Accessibility: ADA-compliant vehicles are available for most tours if you provide us with a 48-hour notice. After scheduling your tour, please contact our Dispatch Office to confirm availability.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- We do not require our guests to wear face masks, but we do encourage you to wear them when you are within 6’ of another guest outside your household.
Average 4.65 out of 5 stars based on 111 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities