Carmel Small-Group Food and Wine Walking Tour
Discover the charming coastal town of Carmel and savor a series of tantalizing food and wine tastings on this 3-hour guided walking tour. Your passionate guide will share stories about the history, culture and architecture of Carmel as you stop at restaurants, stylish watering holes and food shops to meet business owners and sample different food items. You may visit places like a classic European Restaurant, a local tavern serving the area's best fish & chips, purveyors of the best street tacos on the Monterey Peninsula (and why they specialize in Mezcal), and a local producer of confections made from century-old recipes. In general, the tastings add up to an average lunch.. Ideal for both tourists and Carmel residents, this tour is a leisurely and tasty way to learn more about this quaint town.
This small-group tour is limited to 16 people, ensuring more personal attention from your guide.
- Fully narrated tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
- Vegetarian meal option available
Meet at the Sunset Cultural Center in Carmel to begin your 3-hour walking tour of this lovely coastal town, an artist’s colony that is a foodie’s delight. With your small group, learn about Carmel’s history and architecture as you follow your knowledgeable guide through hidden passageways and tiny plazas even many locals don’t know about. Covering just over a mile and interspersed with frequent tasting breaks, this well-paced tour is suitable for adults of all fitness levels.
Visit local eateries and food shops to meet the owners and enjoy some gourmet tastings. Places you may visit include restaurants that range from fine dining through a local tavern. Specialty shops make for interesting educational opportunities as well as unique taste treats.
Your Carmel food tour ends in the early afternoon, leaving you plenty of time to revisit the restaurants and shops later to experience more culinary delights, and return to your favorites for lunch or dinner throughout the rest of your stay.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: San Carlos / 9th, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 11:00 AM
- Return Details: San Carlos / 9th, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923, USA
- 3-hour food and wine tasting tour
- All food samplings (enough for lunch)
- All beverages
- Professional foodie guide
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking; we are unable to provide substitutions without advance notice
- Minimum age is 21 years for alcohol consumption.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers age 4 and up; tour is geared towards adults but well behaved children are welcome
- No children under the age of 4 allowed
- ** We can accommodate vegetarian, pescatarian, gluten- and lactose-free diets with advance notice ONLY. Please inform us of any food allergies at time of booking. We are unable to provide substitutions without advance notice, so please note any special restrictions on your reservation.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Group size currently limited to 8.
- Masks are required at all times unless actively tasting. NO MASK = NO TOUR = NO REFUND. Please be respectful of your guide and fellow guests.
Average 4.92 out of 5 stars based on 48 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
We have done food tours around the world and this was one of the best!
It was a super experience! Amber did a great job as our tour guide, providing interesting information about Carmel along the walks, as well as helping our hosts at the different restaurants present their dishes. Nice variety of tastings, from creamy polenta topped with Kobe short rib meat, to soft tacos of chorizo and chicken with a side of crickets for the daring, to a tomato bisque, all with perfect beverage pairings. Dessert was a light and luscious tiramisu, followed by fascinating tastings of olive oil and balsamics, and of raw local honeys, and some unique ways to use them. Finished with delicious chocolates, feeling comfortably satisfied. Be sure to wear comfortable, supportive shoes because the streets, sidewalks and little pathways are all made from different materials e.g., some brick, some stone, some cracked cement and pretty bumpy.
The walking tour was great - there were 6 stops and everybody was so gracious at every stop. The food tastings were the perfect size - not too small or large. I liked that the tour leader gave us the option of imbibing in the alcohol or not - we did and the variety was excellent! I especially enjoyed the novelty of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting. The tour leader Amber was very knowledgeable and very friendly!
Mig was a wonderful guide. Fun and knowledgeable. Great way to taste/drink your way through the sites of Carmel. Arrive hungry and thirsty.
We've been to Carmel multiple times and this time we decided to do a food tour. Best decision we could have made as we've learned so much about Carmel and was introduced to some great shops and great restaurants.
Fantastic tour with Amber. Highly recommend. You don't go away hungry that's for sure. You also learn a little history of Carmel by the Sea.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Monterey & Carmel specialist!
Product code: COOL-5973FOOD
Similar Tours & Activities