Half-Day Whale Watching Tour From Monterey
Embark on a 4-hour whale watching tour. All trips are narrated by a naturalist or marine biologist guide, who will also spend one on one time with guests while on deck. Professional photographers are often sent to capture the spectacular sights seen from on board and are available to offer tips for your own photography.
- Family friendly
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Meet at Fisherman's Wharf to begin your whale watching experience at 9am. Monterey Bay is considered to be a premier destination for whale watching year round as these animals are often spotted there. Your whale watching trip will be narrated by a marine biologist or naturalist, who will provide you educational and interesting information about marine wildlife.
In addition to teaching you about the wildlife, your marine biologists and naturalists will provide information about the natural history of the local area and talk about conservation. While out on the ocean your marine biologists and naturalists will also be collecting sighting data for scientific research. During your trip the crew will show you how to spot whales and dolphins as well as give you advice on how to best capture photos and videos of the wildlife. You will return back to the original departure point between 12:30pm and 1pm.
• Old Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey, CA
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Warm layers are recommended
- Sun protection, camera, binoculars, water, and snacks are recommended
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- If prone to motionsickness, please take precautionary measures and we also sell motion sickness remedies in the shop
- DUE TO THE COVID19 SITUATION-All guests and crew are required to wear PPE/Masks in order to board the trip and throughout the entirety of the tour
- We have limited capacity on our tours to ensure guests can maintain at least a 6 foot distance at all times
- Increased cleaning/sanitiation procedures have been implemented in order to ensure the safety of all guests on board
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 4.89 out of 5 stars based on 91 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities