Half Day Snorkel Trip on Reefs in the Florida Keys
Come join us snorkeling some of the most beautiful reefs within the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and Pennekamp State Park. We have many possible reefs to explore: Molasses, Elbow, French Reef and the famous Christ of the Abyss on Dry Rocks. These protected areas offer an opportunity to see turtles, spotted eagle rays, moray eels and a variety of different fish. These special reefs are part of the 3rd largest living reef system in the world and the ONLY living coral reef in the US. We stop at two different locations on the reef. Each stop is determined by the captain based on the day's conditions. We cannot guarantee any specific site.
In an effort to reduce the amount of single-use plastic that ends up in our oceans, we recommend bringing a reusable water bottle. We have water coolers in our shop and on our boats for your convenience!
Come explore the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park! Our boat is a large, comfortable Corinthian catamaran with plenty of room to move around and relax. We make two different stops on the third largest barrier reef in the world - the ONLY barrier reef in the USA!
Bring your friends, family, significant other, or buddy to share memories of your adventure - or join us on a solo getaway! Enjoy the sun deck or jump in the refreshing water to snorkel and discover what’s below the surface! Our reefs are about 20 to 35 feet deep with high profile coral. You can be anywhere from 5 to 15 feet from the reef!
Beginners are welcome, but you must be able to swim to enjoy this excursion. We do not have guides in the water. All equipment is included. Snorkel vests are required to be worn in the water (included).
We ask that you refrain from using aerosol sunscreens before joining us for diving or snorkeling as the chemicals found in these sunscreens are toxic to our marine life. Pirates Cove Watersports is proud to provide Stream2Sea, a reef safe sunscreen,at no charge to all our customers on our boat trip. Sunscreen is available in our retail store
• Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, Waters Surrounding the Florida Keys, FL 33040
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Bottled water - Refillable Paper Cups
- Snorkel vest
- Reef Safe Sunscreen
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.80 out of 5 stars based on 531 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities