Chicago Architecture Boat Tour
Marvel at the magnificent architecture on the Chicago River with expert tour guides! All ages welcome.
Each architecture river tour is narrated by a professional guide which leads passengers down the Chicago River to discover the city’s most renowned landmarks. In addition to historical insight on well known structures such as the Civic Opera House, Trump Tower & the Merchandise Mart, passengers will also get a chance to learn about current and upcoming developments. The Chicago River Cruise navigates the three primary branches of the river including the main branch to Navy Pier, the north branch to Goose Island and the south branch to Chinatown.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wrigley Building, 410 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-4213
Located in the center of the Magnificent Mile, and steps from the Michigan Avenue Bridge, The Wrigley Building has been a hallmark of Chicago’s skyline since 1920. Designed as the headquarters for the successful chewing gum, the building was modeled after the Seville Cathedral’s Giralda Tower in Spain. Today, it is still home to Wm Wrigley Jr. Company, and is perhaps best known for its dazzling white towers that illuminate the city at night.
Pass By: Skydeck Chicago - Willis Tower, 233 S Wacker Drive entrance on Jackson Blvd (south side of building), Chicago, IL 60606-7147
Willis Tower is the heart of downtown Chicago and the future of work and play. The 110-story building is one of the tallest buildings in the world and the second tallest building in Chicago, making it impossible to miss when appreciating the city’s skyline.
Pass By: Aqua Tower, 225 N Columbus Dr Ste 220, Chicago, IL 60601-7910
Aqua Tower is an 82-story mixed-use residential skyscraper in the Lakeshore East development in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
Pass By: Chicago Chinatown, 318 W Cermak Rd, Chicago, IL 60616-1916
The Chinatown neighborhood in Chicago, Illinois is on the South Side and is an example of an American Chinatown, or ethnic-Chinese neighborhood.
Pass By: 222 Merchandise Mart Plz Suite 107, Chicago, IL 60654-1103
Chicago's Merchandise Mart is an iconic building housing top home showrooms and plenty of office space.
Pass By: Navy Pier, 600 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-3419
Drawing crowds for over 100 years, the Navy Pier is a must-see on any visit to Chicago.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Restroom on board
- Outside seating available
- Seating is first come first serve basis
- Guided architecture cruise of the historic Chicago River
- Fully enclosed interior with air conditioning, seats, & windows
- Full bar & snacks (available for purchase)
- Discounted parking is for as low as $10
- Approx. $10 discounted parking lot connected to marina
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Tour times cannot be changed
- Cruises are on rain or shine
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please arrive 30 min before your cruise time
- Seating is first come first serve. If you have a large group, arrive early
- Child Ticket (3 and under) is for free but needs a registered ticket
- Youth Tickets available on our main ticketing page
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Vessel has full bar and restroom
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
Average 4.78 out of 5 stars based on 9 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities