Chicago River Architecture Tour
Be inspired by the captivating, visual art that is Chicago’s legendary architecture, and the exceptional architects who created this ever-changing, dynamic legacy for all to enjoy and admire. This comprehensive 75 minute tour will navigate through the heart of the city on all three branches of the Chicago River while your professionally-trained architectural guide tells the story of more than 130 years of innovation in design, style and technique and why it is important today. There is no reserved seating, as seating is first come first served. Located on the bottom deck of our climate-controlled lounge are restrooms and a full service bar with snacks, such as chips and candy (no meals or food are served), and a selection of beers, wines, cocktails and soft drinks. All vessel bars accept cash and all major credit cards.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wendella, Chicago, IL
Vessels depart from Wendella's docks at the northwest corner of the Michigan Avenue Bridge (DuSable Bridge), at the foot of the Wrigley Building.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Skydeck Chicago - Willis Tower, 233 S. Wacker Drive Entrance on Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60606-7147
The tallest building in the Western Hemisphere
Pass By: Centennial Fountain and Water Arc, North bank Chicago River at McClurg Court 400 N McClurg Ct,, Chicago, IL 60610
Dedicated in 1989 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, known for reversing the flow of the Chicago River in 1900. For the first five minutes of every hour, the fountain shoots a water arc across the river from a tiered waterfall.
Pass By: 222 Merchandise Mart Plz Suite 107, Chicago, IL 60654-1103
The largest commercial building in the world.
Pass By: Michigan Avenue Bridge, 333 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60601-3901
Michigan Avenue is home of the Chicago Water Tower, the Art Institute of Chicago, Millennium Park, and the shopping on the Magnificent Mile.
Pass By: Wrigley Building, 410 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-4213
This white, terra-cotta landmark was built in 1922 as headquarters for the Wrigley chewing gum company.
Pass By: Chicago Riverwalk, Chicago, IL 60601
An open, pedestrian waterfront called the city's 'Second Lakefront.'
Pass By: Lyric Opera of Chicago, 20 N Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606-2806
Second-largest opera auditorium in North America, with an Art Deco interior
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 400 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- River Sightseeing Cruise
- Tours are narrated by professional tour guide
- Indoor and outdoor seating available
- Indoor seating is climate controlled
- Full bar in vessel cabin accepts cash and card
- Restrooms on board
- Tours are narrated by professionally trained tour guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Weapons prohibited by US Coast Guard
- Outside alcohol is prohibited
- All bags subject to search
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 275 travelers
Average 4.86 out of 5 stars based on 21 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
There's no better way to see the city than from the river on a boat. Amazing views and a great tour.
we loved it - beautiful way to relax and see the beautiful sky scrapers and we learned something too!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-76126P1