90-min Chicago River Architecture Tour
Be inspired by the captivating, visual art that is Chicago’s legendary architecture, and the exceptional architects who created this ever-changing, dynamic legacy for all to enjoy and admire. This comprehensive 90 minute tour will navigate through the heart of the city on all three branches of the Chicago River while your professionally-trained architectural guide tells the story of more than 130 years of innovation in design, style and technique and why it is important today. Please note that vessel bars will be closed for the remainder of the 2020 season.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wendella, Chicago, IL
Vessels depart from Wendella's docks at the northwest corner of the Michigan Avenue Bridge (DuSable Bridge), at the foot of the Wrigley Building.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Skydeck Chicago - Willis Tower, 233 S Wacker Drive entrance on Jackson Blvd (south side of building), Chicago, IL 60606-7147
The tallest building in the Western Hemisphere
Pass By: Centennial Fountain and Water Arc, North bank Chicago River at McClurg Court 400 N McClurg Ct,, Chicago, IL 60610
Dedicated in 1989 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, known for reversing the flow of the Chicago River in 1900. For the first five minutes of every hour, the fountain shoots a water arc across the river from a tiered waterfall.
Pass By: 222 Merchandise Mart Plz Suite 107, Chicago, IL 60654-1103
The largest commercial building in the world.
Pass By: Michigan Avenue Bridge, 333 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60601-3901
Michigan Avenue is home of the Chicago Water Tower, the Art Institute of Chicago, Millennium Park, and the shopping on the Magnificent Mile.
Pass By: Wrigley Building, 410 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-4213
This white, terra-cotta landmark was built in 1922 as headquarters for the Wrigley chewing gum company.
Pass By: Chicago Riverwalk, Chicago, IL 60601
An open, pedestrian waterfront called the city's 'Second Lakefront.'
Pass By: Lyric Opera of Chicago, 20 N Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606-2806
Second-largest opera auditorium in North America, with an Art Deco interior
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 400 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Indoor and outdoor seating available (indoor is climate controlled)
- Narrated tour on board by professionally trained tour guide
- Please note that vessel bars will be closed for the remainder of the 2020 season.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Weapons prohibited by US Coast Guard
- Outside alcohol is prohibited
- All bags subject to search
- Near public transportation
- Employees wearing face coverings and gloves
- Guests must wear face coverings
- Increased sanitation
- Most travelers can participate
- Vessel bars will be closed for the remainder of the 2020 season.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.72 out of 5 stars based on 200 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Chicago specialist!
Product code: COOL-76126P1