Chicago Lake and River Architecture Tour
A Chicago family tradition since 1935, this is the tour that started it all. This unique excursion tells the story of more than 200 years of fascinating social, cultural and political history, and explores more than a century of groundbreaking architecture. The journey begins with an up-close perspective of Chicago's internationally-known architecture as seen from the Chicago River. Then venture through the Chicago Lock on to the calm, cool waters of Lake Michigan for expansive views of Chicago's extraordinary 26-mile skyline. Take the selfie of a lifetime on this inspirational experience!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wendella, Chicago, IL
All tours depart and return to Wendella's Michigan Avenue Dock Located in the heart of Chicago's Magnificent Mile.
Boarding for each tour will begin 15-30 minutes before the tour time. There is no reserved seating, as seating is first come first served. All groups should arrive 30 minutes prior to the tour time. All tickets are non-refundable, however, in the event you are unable to make your scheduled tour date or miss the boat, all tickets are transferrable to another time, date, or tour. Tours depart rain or shine. Located on the bottom deck of our climate-controlled lounge are restrooms and a full service bar with snacks, such as chips and candy (no meals or food are served), and a selection of beers, wines, cocktails and soft drinks. All vessel bars accept cash and all major credit cards.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chicago River, Chicago, IL
Lake and River Architecture Tours begin at Michigan Avenue and explore Chicago's amazing architecture along the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. All tours are narrated by professional tour guides.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Lake Michigan, IL
Your tour travels along Lake Michigan and explores Chicago's beautiful skyline.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Centennial Fountain and Water Arc, North bank Chicago River at McClurg Court 400 N McClurg Ct,, Chicago, IL 60610
Dedicated in 1989 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, known for reversing the flow of the Chicago River in 1900. For the first five minutes of every hour, the fountain shoots a water arc across the river from a tiered waterfall.
Pass By: 222 Merchandise Mart Plz Suite 107, Chicago, IL 60654-1103
The largest commercial building in the world.
Pass By: Michigan Avenue Bridge, 333 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60601-3901
Michigan Avenue is home of the Chicago Water Tower, the Art Institute of Chicago, Millennium Park, and the shopping on the Magnificent Mile.
Pass By: Wrigley Building, 410 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-4213
This white, terra-cotta landmark was built in 1922 as headquarters for the Wrigley chewing gum company.
Pass By: Chicago Riverwalk, Chicago, IL 60601
An open, pedestrian waterfront called the city's 'Second Lakefront.'
Pass By: The Lyric Opera House, 20 N Wacker Dr 60606, Chicago, IL 60606-2806
Second-largest opera auditorium in North America, with an Art Deco interior
Pass By: Skydeck Chicago - Willis Tower, 233 S. Wacker Drive Entrance on Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60606-7147
The tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 400 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Wendella
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests must wear face coverings
- Employees wearing face coverings and gloves
- Increased sanitation
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 290 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.90 out of 5 stars based on 20 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us as our customer support team is always on standby to assist you with any of your future travel plans.
Thanks a lot for booking your tour on Cool Destinations.
Took the Wendell Architectural Tour. Had taken one before, but this one was so much better! We went out into Lake Michigan! Excellent tour guide!
The tour was exceptional. I would suggest that the cafeteria has a better snack options. We ran to get into the cruise and we were without breakfast. If we had could gotten a sandwich or yogurt etc, the tour will be more pleasant.
How woukd you feel in a river tour surrounded by skyscrapers? I felt amazed. I will do it again next visit to chicago!!
Highly recommended tour. The views of the city from the river and lake are unbelievable! The guide was great!
We were lucky we had a clear, sunny day! It was a great view of the Chicago skyline from the lake. Our host/tour person was knowledgeable, spoke clearly, and professional.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-76126P2