Chicago Lake and River Architecture Tour
An authentic Chicago tradition since 1935, this is the tour that started it all. This unique excursion tells the story of more than 200 years of fascinating social, cultural and political history, and explores more than a century of groundbreaking architecture. The journey begins with an up-close perspective of Chicago's internationally-known architecture as seen from the Chicago River. Then venture through the Chicago Lock on to the calm, cool waters of Lake Michigan for expansive views of Chicago's extraordinary 26-mile skyline. Take the selfie of a lifetime on this inspirational experience!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wendella, Chicago, IL
All tours depart and return to Wendella's Michigan Avenue Dock Located in the heart of Chicago's Magnificent Mile.
Boarding for each tour will begin 15-30 minutes before the tour time. There is no reserved seating, as seating is first come first served. All groups should arrive 30 minutes prior to the tour time. All tickets are non-refundable, however, in the event you are unable to make your scheduled tour date or miss the boat, all tickets are transferrable to another time, date, or tour. Tours depart rain or shine. Located on the bottom deck of our climate-controlled lounge are restrooms and a full service bar with snacks, such as chips and candy (no meals or food are served), and a selection of beers, wines, cocktails and soft drinks. All vessel bars accept cash and all major credit cards.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chicago River, Chicago, IL
Lake and River Architecture Tours begin at Michigan Avenue and explore Chicago's amazing architecture along the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. All tours are narrated by professional tour guides.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Lake Michigan, Beaches for swimming, IL
Your tour travels along Lake Michigan and explores Chicago's beautiful skyline.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Centennial Fountain and Water Arc, North bank Chicago River at McClurg Court 400 N McClurg Ct,, Chicago, IL 60610
Dedicated in 1989 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, known for reversing the flow of the Chicago River in 1900. For the first five minutes of every hour, the fountain shoots a water arc across the river from a tiered waterfall.
Pass By: 222 Merchandise Mart Plz Suite 107, Chicago, IL 60654-1103
The largest commercial building in the world.
Pass By: Marina City, 300 N State St, Chicago, IL 60654-5414
Pass by these iconic mixed-use apartment buildings - "a city within a city" with their unique corn-cob exterior.
Pass By: Michigan Avenue Bridge, 333 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60601-3901
Michigan Avenue is home of the Chicago Water Tower, the Art Institute of Chicago, Millennium Park, and the shopping on the Magnificent Mile.
Pass By: Wrigley Building, 410 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611-4213
This white, terra-cotta landmark was built in 1922 as headquarters for the Wrigley chewing gum company.
Pass By: Chicago Riverwalk, Chicago, IL 60601
An open, pedestrian waterfront called the city's 'Second Lakefront.'
Pass By: The Lyric Opera House, 20 N Wacker Dr 60606, Chicago, IL 60606-2806
Second-largest opera auditorium in North America, with an Art Deco interior
Pass By: Skydeck Chicago - Willis Tower, 233 S Wacker Drive entrance on Jackson Blvd (south side of building), Chicago, IL 60606-7147
The tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Wendella
- Alcoholic Beverages - Drinks and snacks available for purchase on board.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Weapons prohibited by US Coast Guard
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Outside alcohol is prohibited
- All bags are subject to search
- Increased sanitation and hand sanitizer stations
- Arrive 15-30 Minutes prior to your departure time
- Most travelers can participate
- Contact tour operator for wheelchair & ADA access
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.77 out of 5 stars based on 157 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities