Forest Bathing & Nature Therapy Walk
This walk is a unique way to practice social distancing and self care in the nurturing forests of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The walk takes place on a private preserve where you can truly unplug, unwind, and reconnect with yourself, your loved ones, and our wild world without distraction.
Forest Bathing is the simple practice of walking slowly through the forest, connecting with the environment with all senses. I invite you to breathe deep and pause long enough to notice the gentle breeze on your skin, the sounds of the forest, and your busy mind relaxing its pace.
Studies show that time in nature offers physical, emotional, and spiritual benefits that linger even after you've left the trail behind. A guided forest therapy walk is a unique avenue to unlocking these benefits. Hope to see you on the trail soon!
The practice of nature and forest therapy emphasizes the physical and mental health benefits of spending time in a forest or natural environment. The forest is the therapist. Your certified forest therapy guide opens the door.
Together, we’ll restore our relationship with ourselves and the land with a slow, gentle walk (2 - 3 hours), enhancing our health, wellness, happiness and creativity. Your guide will offer invitations along the way that will encourage you to slow down and notice both your inner landscapes and the world around you in a mindful way. In the midst of our busy lives, slowing down and recharging is more important than ever.
After each invitation, the group will come back together to share what each participant has noticed. This can be a lovely bonding experience and allows the walk to be both wonderfully personal while also building community. End your walk with a tea ceremony featuring a wild crafted infusion and snacks. Upon departure, we’ll have an enhanced appreciation for the natural world and a practice we can apply in our daily lives.
It's amazing what nature reveals when we give ourselves permission to slow down, quiet our minds and awaken our senses.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Coffee and/or Tea - Your walk culminates with a tea ceremony featuring a wild crafted infusion. Covid Consideration: for the time being, please bring your own cup and a light snack for this portion of the experience.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For now, we are not providing cups or snacks for the tea ceremony. Please bring your own in order to enjoy this portion of the experience. You may elect to enjoy the wild crafted infusion prepared by your guide or may bring your own tea according to your preference.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities