Asheville Historic Downtown Guided Electric Bike Tour with Scenic Views
This 3 hour electric bike tour around Asheville is the perfect way to get up close and personal with the city’s charm and fascinating history. We’ll see Asheville’s noteworthy architectural gems, take in stunning scenery from carefully chosen viewpoints, and hear the stories behind Asheville’s best historic sites
Our electric bikes help you safely navigate Asheville’s hilly terrain through city streets, greenways, and picturesque neighborhoods. Our expert local guides love sharing insider recommendations to help you make the most of your time in Asheville.
Numbers are limited to 7 riders per tour, to ensure the best experience and personalized attention. For larger groups, please call to arrange a private tour.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Flying Bike, 225 Coxe Ave, Asheville, NC 28801-4006
Join us on a fun-filled and informative bike ride around Asheville! Meet us in the heart of the South Slope amidst the breweries and restaurants that are making a name for this neighborhood.
• Our first stop will be the amazing Basilica of St. Lawrence, a masterpiece of local architecture. We’ll tell you stories about this impressive structure, which features the largest unsupported dome in North America.
• From there we ride down the quiet streets of the Historic Montford Neighborhood alongside some of the most beautiful grand old homes in Asheville. We’ll take the peaceful Reed Creek Greenway as we climb through North Asheville neighborhoods up to the historic Grove Park Inn to get a magnificent view from the Sunset Terrace.
• Heading back downtown, we’ll stop in Pack Square, a perfect vantage point to learn about Asheville’s abundant art-deco architecture, the 2nd largest collection in the U.S. We will share stories of Asheville's recent history, its challenges and triumphs.
Duration: 3 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Use of electric bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Local guide
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- The electric bikes will take all of the hard work out of your ride. We routinely have riders that span the spectrum of age and fitness. The main requirement is that you be coordinated and fit enough to balance a 55-pound bike. A training and practice session is provided at the start of each tour. For people that would like to go on the tour but are not able to balance a bike, it is possible to arrange a ride on the back of one of our stretch cargo bikes that will be driven by another person in your party.
- Legally, you must be 16 years or older to operate an electric bike. Guides reserve the right to request proof of age of any rider. Riders should also be at least 5 feet tall to operate their own bike. Guests younger than 16 may ride as a passenger with an adult in their group on the back of one of our cargo bikes or in a child seat (for children ages 1-6 or up to 48.5 pounds).
- Tours are subject to favorable weather conditions. If there is light rain in the forecast but none at the start of the tour, we will decide together at the time of the tour whether to ride. We will provide rain ponchos and rain covers for the storage bags on the bikes to protect your belongings. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Average 4.90 out of 5 stars based on 20 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities