Guided Yosemite Hiking Excursion
Outdoor enthusiasts of every fitness and experience level can enjoy this amazing Yosemite hiking excursion. Choose from a beginner, intermediate, moderate, challenging or strenuous hike in Yosemite National Park to Sentinel Dome, Glacier Point, Cathedral Lakes, El Capitan, Clouds Rest or even Half Dome! You’ll be away from the crowds for an intimate connection with your magnificent surroundings. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced hiker, you're sure to enjoy this trip of a lifetime.
Join us on one of our Yosemite Guided Yosemite Hiking Excursions to make a lifelong connection with Yosemite National Park. Learn about the natural world and listen to the stories of Yosemite while we hike to some of the best photo spots in the park. Our guided Yosemite adventure hikes range from gentle half-day journeys that uncover natural beauty only seen on a particular trail to all-day treks that deliver rewarding vistas and true accomplishments. Strenuous hikes are also available to satisfy demanding eco tourists who strive for extraordinary challenges.
• Yosemite National Park, Yosemite National Park, California
• Glacier Point, Yosemite Lodge Resort origin, Yosemite National Park, CA
• Sentinel Dome, Glacier Point Road, Yosemite National Park, CA
• El Capitan, Yosemite National Park, CA
• Half Dome, Yosemite National Park, CA
• Yosemite Falls, Yosemite National Park, CA
• Yosemite Valley, 9035 Village Dr, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389-9912
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Yosemite National Park, Yosemite National Park, California
- Duration: 5 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Outdoor Education
- Yosemite National Park history
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please provide your hotel and contact information (phone number, email and accommodations) in the Special Requirements box at checkout. Hotel information is so we can email you driving directions to the meeting location; pickup/drop-off is not included.
- Please dress in athletic wear and bring plenty of water
- Minimum age is 10 years for the Intermediate and Challenging hike
- Minimum age is 12 years for the Strenuous hike
- The Beginner and Moderate hike is for all ages
- We are limited in guide availability this year due to Covid-19. Please understand if your reservation is not accepted because of this restriction.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Our guides will be 6 ft from you and our group will stay 6 ft from other people on the trails. Masks are required for each person when 6 ft distancing isn't possible, when you first meet with your guide, during interpretation, rest stops, view points, & when departing after the tour.
Average 4.77 out of 5 stars based on 35 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
I am finally getting around to writing this review, even though it has now been about 3 months since my trip. I just had to write one though to tell others how amazing our experience was! My sister and I visited Yosemite in June, and this tour was an amazing way to start our trip! Our tour guide was Margaret, and we cannot say enough about how great she was. She was a joy to talk to, and she was so knowledgeable. We started at Glacier Point, hiked up to Sentinel Dome, over to the Taft Fissures, and back. The views from all of those spots were breathtaking, and it was a beautiful way to see the best of Yosemite. The views of Half Dome, El Capitan, Nevada Falls, Yosemite Falls, etc. were absolutely amazing and of course made for great pictures. We learned fun facts about the wildlife, foliage, climate, and more! As an added bonus, Margaret gave us suggestions for our next day, which we followed religiously. Her advice ended up being perfect, and we found ourselves saying multiple times the following day Wow, Margaret is the best! We knew that we wanted to hike both falls, but since we had limited time, she advised us to hike the Yosemite Falls first thing in the morning, and she told us where we should hike to to get the perfect view OMG Rock, as she called it. We then followed her advice and hiked Nevada Falls in the afternoon, which we luckily did because we got soaked, and probably wouldn't have wanted to do much after that anyway. Needless to say, we had an amazing trip, and we definitely owe a lot of that to Margaret and this amazing tour. Can't wait until we can visit again one day!
Great day and our guide John was terrific and very knowledgeable about Yosemite. Took us down some trails away from the crowds. Would highly recommend.
Our guide was fantastic. He hiked at just the right pace for our adventure up Vernal Falls 5 hours. He also talked just the right amount. He was informative, interesting, and able to answer all our questions. We loved it!!!
Had a really great experience on this hike. Getting up at 5:30am wasn't a treat but honestly I'm really glad we did. Not dealing with traffic in or out of the park was very pleasant and hiking during the cooler morning hours was always really nice. We were also the only two people on the hike since it was in the morning. So, basically a personal tour guide. Not too shabby.
Alex our tour guide was really great and knowledgeable and we opted for an intermediate hike which might have been a little much but we made it happen. The views were incredible. Crocker point in particular was really beautiful but it turns out I don't like heights as much as I thought I did.
We had such a wonderful tour withJay! Very knowledgeable and friendly. He played to our level of adventure and it was really enjoyable to go to Taft Point and see the views! You must get out into Yosemite to appreciate its beauty, I would highly rccomend Jay!
Half Doom was the experience of a lifetime!! I am 65 years old and could never had made the summit without the two BEST guides ever!! John and Zach made this trip possible. They are extremely knowledge - from how to breathing properly to the plants/trees on the route - they have it covered. They were patient and caring every minute of the trip. They need to receive an award for the BEST Guides ever!!
I enjoyed every single minute of my climb and would suggest that anyone considering doing this climb - GO FOR IT -and get a great guide like John and Zach - you will be successful with them as your leaders!!!
Susan S Spingler
The tour we selected was great for beginner hikers like us, our guide was very informative....just what we wanted
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Yosemite National Park specialist!
Product code: COOL-6004HIKE
Similar Tours & Activities