Starlight Ride on Verde Canyon Railroad
Hop aboard the Verde Canyon Railroad for a 4-hour rail journey through the untouched and unspoiled Verde Valley. With first class seating, you will enjoy unobstructed views of Arizona’s geological wonders, wildlife, and archaeological finds of the ancient Sinagua people who once lived in the area. The Verde Canyon Railroad offers Starlight and Moonlight excursions on select Fridays and Saturdays May through September, departing the depot during the cooler temperatures of later afternoon and traveling through sunset and into the moon glow of twilight. Sandwiched between two protected national forests and adjacent to the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness, Verde Canyon Railroad brings its passengers into a untamed and unspoiled terrain, the exceedingly rare ribbon where high desert meets the river.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Verde Canyon Railroad, 300 N Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ 86324-2302
Make your way to the Verde Canyon Railroad Train Depot in Clarkdale, Arizona, not far from Sedona, to begin your Verde Canyon Railroad Starlight adventure.
This rail adventure offers a wilderness train ride through the remote Verde Canyon which is known for its picturesque setting and abundant wildlife. Though it’s possible to hike in the canyon, by far the easiest way to experience it is by riding this scenic wilderness train.
The train is made up of exquisitely-renovated passenger coaches and open-air viewing cars pulled by vintage locomotives and travels a route along the Verde River between Clarkdale and Perkinsville. After embarking from the Clarkdale depot, sit back for a 4-hour, 40-mile round trip that includes views of historic mining sites, geological wonders, Sinagua Indian cliff dwellings and wildlife from bald eagles to antelope.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: John Bell Railroad Museum, 300 N Broadway Verde Canyon Railroad Train Depot, Clarkdale, AZ 86324-2302
At the depot, be sure to visit the John Bell Museum, home to the railroad's history and artifacts from its early days, as well as a wealth of information on Clarkdale, Jerome and the Yavapai-Apache Nation.
Pass By: Verde River, Arizona
The train runs on the same tracks that were created following the Verde River back in 1911. The river is visible for most of your journey.
Pass By: S O B Canyon, Arizona 86324, USA
SOB Canyon and the 150 ft tall bridge are highlights of the trip. Looking back from the bridge and down the canyon is simply gorgeous!
Pass By: Perkinsville Ghost Town, Forest Road 318 Via Railroad - Verde Canyon RR, Jerome, AZ 86324
Discover the history of Perkinsville Ghost Town through on-board commentary on your train journey. This is the turn-around point of your trip.
Pass By: Tuzigoot National Monument, Tuzigoot Road, Clarkdale, AZ 86324
You'll ride past Tuzigoot National Monument on your train journey.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 4 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 5:30 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- First class seating
- Champagne toast
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Verde Canyon Railroad
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Infant age is 0-1 year. Any guest aged 1 and over will be charged an adult rate. Guests cannot board the train without a paid ticket
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 302 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- All complimentary first-class appetizers will be individually-packaged for customers.
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities