Verde Canyon Railroad Adventure
Hop aboard the Verde Canyon Railroad for a 3.5-hour rail journey through the untouched and unspoiled Verde Valley. With luxury class seating, you will enjoy appetizers, Champagne and unobstructed views of Arizona’s geological wonders, wildlife and archaeological finds of the ancient Sinagua people who once lived in the area.
- Rail Tour
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Family friendly
- Led by a local guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Verde Canyon Railroad, 300 N Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ 86324-2302
It’s not the destination, it’s the journey! Enjoy a luxurious train ride through a 20-mile wilderness area, along a wild and scenic river, only accessible by rail. For 3.5-hours, enjoy comfort and style, exceptional amenities and outstanding service in vintage rail cars on a century-old route. Wind your way through a red rock paradise, with tracks that hug the curves of the Verde River. Every season offers a different reason to ride!
Astonishing views of a wild and vibrant frontier, historic trestles, bridges and a 7000-foot tunnel are just a few of the highlights tucked into unusual rock formations, red rock pinnacles and towering crimson cliffs.
Majestic bald eagles and hawks float effortlessly on the breeze above Javelina, wild burros, jackrabbits and many other Canyon creatures, peacefully coexisting with this heritage railroad for more than 100 years.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: John Bell Railroad Museum, 300 N Broadway Verde Canyon Railroad Train Depot, Clarkdale, AZ 86324-2302
At the depot, be sure to visit the John Bell Museum, home to the railroad's history and artifacts from its early days, as well as a wealth of information on Clarkdale, Jerome and the Yavapai-Apache Nation.
Pass By: Verde River, Arizona
The train runs on the same tracks that were created following the Verde River back in 1911. The river is visible for most of your journey.
Pass By: S O B Canyon, Arizona 86324, USA
SOB Canyon and the 150 ft tall bridge are highlights of the trip. Looking back from the bridge and down the canyon is simply gorgeous!
Pass By: Perkinsville Ghost Town, Forest Road 318 Via Railroad - Verde Canyon RR, Jerome, AZ 86324
Discover the history of Perkinsville Ghost Town through on-board commentary on your train journey. This is the turn-around point of your trip.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Champagne toast
- Restroom on board
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Verde Canyon Railroad
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please Note: Special dietary options are unable to be accommodated
- Infant age is 0-1 year. Any guest aged 1 and over will be charged an adult rate. Guests cannot board the train without a paid ticket
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- All complimentary first-class appetizers will be individually-packaged for customers.
Average 4.66 out of 5 stars based on 212 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor