Savannah Historic and Secret East Side Food Tour
Wander through lovely squares and hidden alleyways on the east side of Savannah's Historic District, and sample local and international cuisine at both famous restaurants and hidden gems on this walking tour. Learn about Savannah's tumultuous history, elegant architecture and distinctive culture from your local guide. Visit at least 6 different establishments, including some off-the-beaten path stops that will surprise and delight you.
This small-group tour is limited to 16 people for a more relaxed, intimate experience.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Vegetarian meal option available
Bring your appetite and begin your walking tour on Savannah's famed Liberty Street. As you stroll through some of the many peaceful, pretty squares on the district's east side, your knowledgeable local guide will talk about Savannah's rich history, regal architecture and singularly southern culture.
Your first stop will be East End Provisions. From there, make your way to other famous restaurants and some out-of-the-way finds, which may include Edgar's Proof and Provision, the Diplomat, Zunzi's Takeout and Leopold’s ice cream.
Chat with the proprietors and enjoy tastings of both local and international favorites such as en papillote chicken sandwiches, flank steak, chicken and waffles and famous local ice cream. Some tasting locations also provide beverages, and you can bring other non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages (own expense) along on your tour.
You'll find that the various samples from your tour add up to a satisfying lunch. You will walk about a mile Savannah's famous historic district during your 3-hour tour with plenty of tastings to break up the walk. Your culinary exploration of Savannah's most famous restaurants and best kept secrets ends only a few blocks from the starting location. In the days following the tour, use the map (and exclusive discounts) provided to you to revisit restaurants from your tour on your own.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: The 5 Spot on Broughton, 420 E Broughton St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Food tastings at up to 6 restaurants
- Map of tour route
- Drinks (available for purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please included your Contact phone# at checkout as this is only used in case the Tour Guide needs to contact you.
- Please advise of any allergies or other dietary restrictions in the special requirements section of the booking page.
- If you are traveling with infant, please advise at the time of booking under special requirements
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- May not be appropriate for all children; please exercise discretion as this tour requires standing, walking, and listening to history/stories for 3 hours
- All tastings add up to a lunch portion; eating breakfast before attending the tour is advised
- Alcoholic beverages must be in a plastic or Styrofoam cup and only one alcoholic beverage is allowed at a time; failure to comply can result in a fine by Savannah Police
- A maximum of 16 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- All tastings are individually portioned, guides will wash hands before and during tour, groups limited to 8 guests, arrival times at restaurants during off peak hours, most tastings and presentations will be enjoyed in the open squares adjacent to tasting locations to allow for social distancing.
Average 4.77 out of 5 stars based on 141 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Our tour guide was full of facts and funny jokes. The time flew by as we were having such a good time. She made it a great day for us. Highly recommend this tour for adults and possibly teens.
its a great arts and culture tour. it took us around savannah in areas we probably didnt find on our own during our limited stay. the food tastings were up to our satisfaction. “country” our tour guide was funny and witty. all ages were represented in our tour and everyone was hooked to her stories about her beautiful city. have been to several food tours here and abroad, and this is 1 of the best!
Cindy was our guide and she was terrific. She was very knowledgeable and truly enjoyed escorting us to the restaurants we were to visit, but also talked about the historical squares along the way. One of the restaurants in out tour Cha Bella on East broad Street outstanding. The chef/owner spoke to our tables. He does not have a freezer, microwave or deep fryer, truly Farm to Table exceptional. My husband and I will be back to Savannah again just to dine at his restaurant.
This tour is great! Our tour guide was fun and full of historical information. We started at the butcher shop with sausage and walked along the beautiful streets of Savannah for a total of six tastings. We were very full at the end of the tour and all items were delicious. Thanks for the funfood tour!
Highly recommend! Great food and great guide! Well organized and very accommodating. Loved learning a bit of Savannah history too along the way. The highlight for me was the Smith Brother's butcher shop -- their blueberry sausages are delicious! It was also nice being able to cut the line at the more popular stops, like Leopold's.
We were a group of 5 and Lauren led us to some amazing restaurants/shops where we sat and had the opportunity to sample local cuisine (homemade sausage, pickled veggies, pulled pork, steak and veggies, seasonal salad and ice cream.) It was a perfect start to a weekend as it gave us a sense not only of the local flavors but also the history of Savannah. Lauren was also very helpful in recommending other food spots for the rest of our trip. We had a lot of food but since it was spread over a few hours with walking in between we weren't overly full.
Different from the more central city atmosphere of the east side tour. We felt like we're discovering more of the hidden gem restaurants of the west side. We enjoyed this one, too. But a must... do the both tours by same company. Just so happen we signed up for the same company and so happen that we had Brandon for the 2 tours. Cool dude! Thank you. We enjoyed it all!
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-6260EAST
Similar Tours & Activities