San Diego Tour: Hop-on Hop-off Trolley
Discover San Diego at your leisure with a Silver, Gold or Platinum Pass! Create your own itinerary to see the most popular sights of San Diego at your own pace with the options that best suit your interests.
Old Town Trolley Tour of San Diego
Route Duration: 2 hours
- Old Town San Diego State Historic Park - Stop A: Old Town State Park - Stop A is located at the entrance to the Historic State Park and Old Town Market, featuring over 40 specialty gift shops. Across the street is the historic Immaculate Conception Church.
- Maritime Museum of San Diego - Stop B: Maritime Museum & Star of India - Stop B is located on the Embarcadero. Across the street is the Waterfront Park and County Administration building.
- 1004 N Harbor Dr - Stop C: Embarcadero Marina - Stop C is located at 1004 N. Harbor Drive along the Embarcadero near the USS Midway Museum and the cruise ship terminal. The San Diego Visitor Information Center is also located at this stop.
- Seaport Village - Stop D: Seaport Village - Stop D is located on the east side of Seaport Village next to the Bay Company. The ticket booth is located across the street from Harbor House Restaurant.
- Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, Marriott Grand - Stop E: Marriott Marquis and Marina - Stop E is located in the front of the Marriott Hotel at the Waterfall.
- 4th Avenue - Stop G: Historic Gaslamp Quarter - Stop G is located next to the Horton Grand Hotel at the corner of 4th street and Island Avenue across the street from the historic William Heath Davis House.
- Hilton Bayfront - Stop H: Petco Park/East Convention Center/Hilton Bayfront - Stop H is located on East Harbor Drive, under the pedestrian bridge.
- National Avenue & Cesar E. Chavez Parkway - Stop I: Barrio Logan - Stop I is located at the Mercado del Barrio in the heart of Barrio Logan. Next to the stop is Attitude Brewing Co.
- 1107 Orange Ave - Stop J: Coronado/Orange Avenue - Stop J is located at Mc P’'s Irish Pub & Grill on Orange Avenue, the main shopping and dining area of Coronado. Hotel Del Coronado is 2 blocks south. The Coronado Beach is approximately 2 blocks away.
- 2185 Presidents Way - Stop K: Balboa Park - Stop J is located in the heart of Balboa Park near the corner of President's Way and Pan American Rd. behind the Organ Pavilion Parking Lot.
- 1602 India St - Stop L: Little Italy - Stop L is located in the heart of Little Italy, next to Buon Appetito.
Balboa Park / Seaport Village / San Diego Zoo / Old Town San Diego State Historic Park / Coronado Visitor Center / El Prado / San Diego Air & Space Museum / Old Town Trading Company / Gaslamp Quarter / Little Italy / Casa de Estudillo / The Coronado Ferry Landing / Piazza Basilone / Our Lady of the Rosary Church / Barrio Logan / Chicano Park / Martin Luther King Jr Promenade
Operates: Daily. Times vary depending on season.
Fall/Green Schedule (Aug 20-Oct 28): 9 am to 6 pm (last tour departs Old Town at 4 pm);
Winter/Yellow Schedule (Oct 29-Feb 28): 9 am to 5 pm (last tour departs Old Town at 3 pm);
Spring/Green Schedule (Mar 1-Jun 15): 9 am to 6 pm (last tour departs Old Town at 4 pm);
Summer/Orange Schedule (Jun 16-Aug 19): 9 am -7 pm (last tour departs Old Town at 5 pm);
Trolleys arrive at each boarding location approximately every 20 minutes.
Guests will be given brochures when they begin the tour and can refer to the schedules printed in the brochure to see the first tour time, last tour time, and last re-boarding time at each boarding location.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: See itinerary
- Return Details: You may disembark at any of the available stops.
- San Diego Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and dropoff at select hotels (Hotel Circle, Mission Bay, Shelter & Harbor Islands)
- Food and drinks
- Tour does not operate on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if a wheelchair-accessible trolley is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.62 out of 5 stars based on 311 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool San Diego specialist!
Product code: COOL-5046SAN_OTT