Swamp Boat Ride and Southern Plantation Tour from New Orleans
See a variety of wildlife on a swamp boat ride and explore an authentic southern plantation on this tour from New Orleans. See alligators, egrets, raccoons and snakes during your ride around a private Louisiana swamp after taking a tour of Destrehan Plantation, the oldest documented French Colonial style house in the Lower Mississippi Valley.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Destrehan Plantation, 13034 River Rd, Destrehan, LA 70047-5202
Your tour will begin with a tour with a 1.5-hour visit to Destrehan Plantation, where you will learn the history of the Destrehan family sugar dynasty, see a Slave Revolt Museum that dates back to 1811, and admire the architecture of a French Colonial style plantation.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Cajun Pride Swamp Tours, 110 Frenier Rd, Laplace, LA 70068, USA
This privately owned wildlife refuge ensures that you won’t encounter any other boats during your peaceful journey into the swamp. Local Cajun captains share personal tales of their own swamp explorations and fascinating information on the plants and wildlife you'll encounter. The primitive beauty of moss draped cypress tress and abundant wildlife guarantees some amazing pictures!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, LA
Although called a lake, this is actually a large lagoon and brackish estuary fed by fresh water rivers and connected to the Gulf of Mexico. Covering 630 square miles (1600 km2) it is one of the largest wetlands in North America.
Pass By: I-10 Bonnet Carré Spillway Bridge, St Rose, LA 70087, USA
View the spillway, a flood control operation in the Lower Mississippi west of New Orleans. The spillway, when open, allows floodwaters from the Mississippi River to flow into Lake Pontchartrain and thence into the Gulf of Mexico.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Gray Line New Orleans, 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
- Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Narrated round-trip transportation
- Guided tour of plantation home
- Local Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Destrehan Plantation
- Entry/Admission - Cajun Pride Swamp Tours
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- In order to help protect the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point -- just a short stroll from most downtown hotels.
- Wheelchair Access: If the guest needs a wheelchair lift equipped bus, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Alternate Routes: Due to uneven and narrow paths, alternate routes may be necessary for guests traveling in wheelchairs.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Average 4.39 out of 5 stars based on 133 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll always be happy to assist you with any of your future travel plans.
Thanks a lot for booking your tour on Cool Destinations.
Jim is an excellent guide. Donald is a great driver. We had a great time even with pouring rain. Our guide Beverly at the plantation clearly loves what she does and it shows. I highly recommend the plantation and swampboat tour.
This was a great trip. The boat captain was awesome. I enjoyed watching him feed the alligators and making them jump. We also got to hold a baby alligator.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Destination Specialist.
Product code: COOL-3780SWPL