New Orleans Treme' Walking Tour
Treme' (pronounced Tre-May) sits adjacent to the French Quarter and is the oldest African-American neighborhood in the United States. Treme' is a vibrant area steeped in music and culture. Come explore this iconic gem and revel in New Orleans Jazz history with its roots in Congo square and Storyville, the birthplace of such Jazz greats as Alphonse Picou and Trombone shorty.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Storyville District, 125 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2301
Guide will lead you through the old Storyville District and Congo Square while narrating the history of the area
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: French Quarter Phantoms, 718 N Rampart St Corner of Orleans Street and Rampart Street, New Orleans, LA 70116-3009
Starting location for this tour with general Treme history
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Tour Treme', 718 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3009
Explore the Treme neighborhood and its history with your guide. Includes multiple historic sites such as St Augustines Church and The Backstreet Cultural Museum
Duration: 50 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 10:30 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Be ready to have fun and please wear comfortable shoes. You may bring your camera. No Videotaping please. All tours run rain or shine.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Average 4.84 out of 5 stars based on 87 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities