Small-Group Swamp Tour by Airboat with Downtown New Orleans Pickup
Experience the other Swamp Tour in New Orleans. This destination is only 35 minutes from New Orleans yet a world apart. Hold onto your hat! This New Orleans airboat tour is a high speed adventure that is part tour and part ride. This boat has a maximum of six to nine passengers to ensure a small, personal and uncrowded experience.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mississippi River, LA
Travel along the river to reach your destination in the swamps.
Stop At: Barataria Preserve, Marrero, LA
On this tour you will experience the best of both: a swamp tour and an airboat ride.You will travel at high speeds in the airboat then slow down and stop for pictures. Along the way, you will get a personal tour by your local Captain. These airboats have stadium seating, so that the person in front of you does not obstruct your view. Every airboat seat is great for experiencing the tour and viewing the wildlife. Yes, gators will get close, real close. So close that you will be able to look into those reptilian eyes.
Alligators do hibernate in the colder months, but the experienced captains know where to look for them. On average, during the winter, you have better than a 50/50 chance of seeing a gator. In the warmer months, you will always see a gator. Every New Orleans Airboat Tour is unique and you never know what will be around the next corner. The area toured is a combination of Swamp, Marsh and Lake. So you may see anything from a Bald Eagle to a Pelican to Osprey our even an Owl, its that diverse. The airboats are driven by a 454 Chevy Engine that will produce speeds of up to 35 miles an hour. They are propelled by a huge fan that will blow air from the back of the boat in excess of 200 miles an hour. These tours are truly a blast! They ride in inches of water and go places where traditional boats cannot go. The boats were designed to take you to inaccessible areas of the swamp, places that you cannot reach by foot or car. It is a unique experience.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 9706 Barataria Blvd, Marrero, LA 70072, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from any major downtown New Orleans hotel. If you hotel is not listed please list in comments area.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- 1 hour and 40 minute airboat tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Barataria Preserve
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- For pick-ups, capacity is limited to 15 people in a 33 passenger bus. The bus is disinfected with hospital grade antiviral fog. Guests are required to wear face masks. Our drivers wear face masks and gloves. The boats are disinfected between tours.
Average 4.92 out of 5 stars based on 190 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool New Orleans specialist!
Product code: COOL-15200P4
Similar Tours & Activities