Oak Alley Plantation Tour from New Orleans
Oak Alley is one of the most magnificent plantation tours because of the 28, evenly spaced, huge Oak Trees that go from the river road to the Plantation House. Built in 1837 using Greek Revival architecture, and restored in 1925, this house could to be straight out of the movie “Gone with the Wind”. In addition to antique farm equipment, the twenty-five acre grounds also feature a restaurant, blacksmith shop and a souvenir shop, of which you'll enjoy some free time to peruse at your leisure. It is a comprehensive plantation experience.
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Great River Road, Louisiana
You'll be driven to the Oak Alley Plantation House, located about an hour and a half outside the city of New Orleans.
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
The tour of the Oak Alley house is conducted by guides in authentic plantation style apparel. Walking is required for this tour. The distance from the plantation house to the restaurant and souvenir shop is about 1 block. There are benches along the path, shaded by the Oaks. The guided house tour will be about 35 minutes in length. The remainder of your time will be spent self-exploring the grounds. If you use your time wisely, you can grab a sandwich at the gift shop for lunch and still have time to walk the grounds.
Duration: 2 hours
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered. You will be asked for your location in the checkout and your booking confirmation will contain more details.
- Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 08:15 AM
- Professional driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Average 4.42 out of 5 stars based on 53 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities