New Orleans Garden District Walking Tour Including Lafayette Cemetery No. 1
This New Orleans Historic Garden District Walking Tour highlights the American settlement and their beautiful homes, gardens, wealth and how life was changed because of their amazing contributions. This multifaceted tour includes the unique history of our incredible city, culture, and architecture. The Americans early settlements, lavish lifestyles and immense wealth are obvious as we walk through this opulent and super astonishing neighborhood.
Our Tour begins outside of the gates of Lafayette Cemetery #1, as you learn of the basic burial information and customs and discuss why New Orleans cemeteries are so unique (NOTE: PUBLIC ACCESS IS NOT ALLOWED IN THIS CEMETERY) We then walk around the neighborhood where you'll see the architectural styles of the Americans. You will see celebrity homes, perfectly manicured landscapes and movie hotspots as well. Walk with a local, see it through our eyes!
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Get inside tips from a local
- Excellent value for money
- All-inclusive tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Garden District, St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130-5968
Your tour will be conducted by a local, licensed and professional tour guide! We walk along the rows of antebellum mansions after our cemetery portion of the tour and we discuss architecture, the people who lived there in early New Orleans and the people who live there today. We also include a celebrity portion of the tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lafayette Cemetery No.1, Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130
Lafayette Cemetery #1 will be closed for maintenance, so the cemetery portion of the tour will be conducted outside the gates. You will learn the history of the cemetery and of New Orleans' unique burial traditions.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Insider tips for local hangouts
- Recommendations for food, music and fun
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Tour is generally wheelchair accessible however be prepared for very uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with mobility issues or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A significant amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The Lafayette Cemetery #1 is closed due to repairs and we cannot enter, but we do our cemetery portion of the tour from the iron gates, where you can see the tombs clearly.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Average 4.92 out of 5 stars based on 875 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call Us, Text Us, or Live Chat to speak with a Cool New Orleans specialist!
Product code: C-23790P2
Similar Tours & Activities
Creole Louisiana: A French Quarter Walking Tour
The Ultimate Historical Plantation Private Day Trip
Customers Who Bought This Tour Also Bought
New Orleans Airboat Ride
Swamp Boat Ride and Oak Alley Plantation Tour from New Orleans