New Orleans Food Walking Tour of the French Quarter
Find out what all the fuss is about on this half-day food tour of some of the best food in New Orleans' famous French Quarter! Food and history mixed together. Your passionate and knowledgeable guide will escort you to experience traditional NOLA samplings in the French Quarter, including a few commonly mentioned in cookbooks. You will sample a variety of authentic tastings. Depending on your food tour time, options may include, Traditional Gumbo at a Creole restaurant, Seafood or Short Rib Po-Boys, Alligator Sausage, Muffuletta, Jambalaya, Char-Grilled Oyster, Pralines, buttery Praline cookies, and stroll pass the famous Cafe du Monde. Learn about the rich legacy of fine food in the French Quarter and which hotspots to check out on your own later; you can even work with your guide to customize the tour to your interests. Referred to as Culture With A Culinary Twist! Please note tastings are subject to change due to current availability.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
Meet your guide in the heart of the French Quarter to embark on your three-hour walking tour of world-class restaurants and foodie venues. Wander the lively streets of the French Quarter and get an insider's look at the kitchens often seen on food shows and featured in cookbooks. Let your guide know the restaurants you're interested in checking out or perhaps ask your guide to recommend a personal favorite.
Indulge in food tastings during your tour. You may have a classic gumbo as a seafood treasure, boudin beignets and other authentic nibbles. Popular New Orleans' cocktails are available for purchase like the distinctive Pimms Cup with a ' twist. Pimms originated in England, but the Pimms Cup cocktail was dreamed up in New Orleans. Your tastings are all included in the price of your tour and many feel these tastings add up to a meal's worth of food. There's a moderate amount of walking involved as you move from one exceptional restaurant to the next, so it's easy to work off the calories!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: French Market, 1008 N Peters St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3406
Enjoy tastings from the French Market, which is the oldest of its kind in the US. Your 3-hour tasting adventure concludes in the French Quarter where you can keep exploring on your own or return to a favorite eatery on your own later for a sit-down meal!
Duration: 15 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 600 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
- Duration: 3 hours (Approx.)
- Return Details: New Orleans Creole Cookery, 508 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
- Culinary Focus | #CultureWithACulinaryTwist
- Food tastings from various French Quarter restaurants & specialty food establishments
- Fun and knowledgeable guides
- Alcoholic beverages, but available for purchase (over 21 yrs. of age)
- Gratuities (15-20% recommended)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please contact supplier before tour if you are vegetarian or have gluten allergies
- Additional language may be available upon request, but are not guaranteed
- Please advise of any food allergies in the Special Requirements field at the time of booking.
- We love what we do and look forward to your visit!
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- While we can not accommodate all food allergies and dietary restrictions, there may be substitutions for vegetarian, gluten free and no pork, with 24 hour advance notice. Please check your confirmation voucher to ensure it is noted.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Average 4.71 out of 5 stars based on 432 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool New Orleans specialist!
Product code: COOL-6205FOODNOLA
Similar Tours & Activities