Kentucky Derby Museum General Admission Ticket
Get ready to mark this off your bucket-list! Experience Churchill Downs Racetrack, the most well-known racing venue in the world. Kentucky Derby Museum includes daily historic walking tours, two levels of family-friendly interactive permanent & temporary exhibits, “The Greatest Race,” a 360-degree immersive sound and visual experience that’ll get your heart racing and emotions soaring, and a chance to meet the Museum's resident Thoroughbred and companion pony. You will also have access to the Gift Shop, Kentucky fare in the Derby Cafe Express, and much more!
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Excellent value for money
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Visit: Kentucky Derby Museum, 704 Central Ave, Louisville, KY 40208-1212
Located in Louisville, the Kentucky Derby is one of America’s most exciting horse racing events in the world and takes place at Churchill Downs Racetrack. It is the first leg of the American Triple Crown and is known as "The Most Exciting Two Minutes In Sports" because of the actual duration of the race. Some like to call the race "The Run for the Roses" for the blanket of roses draped over the Derby winner.
When you visit, you will enjoy a self-guided tour of the Kentucky Derby Museum, which includes two levels of family-friendly interactive permanent & temporary exhibits. Ten minutes past each hour, you will have the opportunity to see "The Greatest Race," an 18-minute movie about the Kentucky Derby and its history, a story that puts you right in the heart of the first Saturday of May. Immediately following "The Greatest Race" and at 30-minutes past every hour, you will experience an exhilarating 30-minute guided walking tour of historic Churchill Downs Racetrack and witness where some of the most famous teams of jockeys and Thoroughbreds competed such as Secretariat, Barbaro, Big Brown, California Chrome and the most recent Triple Crown winner in 2015- American Pharoah.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Kentucky Derby Museum
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A small amount of walking is involved if you choose to enjoy the historic walking tour of Churchill Downs
- Wheelchair accessible: Free wheelchair rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis upon request. You are welcome to bring your own manual wheelchair, motorized wheelchair or electric mobility scooter.
- An induction loop is available for hearing impaired.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Parking is available in front of the Museum. On race days during the Churchill Downs Racetrack events, there will be a charge for parking in this lot.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Due to COVID-19 and for the safety of our guests & staff, the Museum is restricted to smaller tour sizes. You must reserve your spot by booking your tour time in advance.
Average 4.54 out of 5 stars based on 61 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities