Historic Old Louisville Walking Tour
The Historic Old Louisville Walking Tour is a guided tour of the heart of the Victorian Mansion district in Old Louisville. Designed by a prominent local architect and historian, this tour focuses on the history and architecture of this nationally recognized historic preservation district boasting the largest collection of Victorian Mansions in the United States. The tour begins in the comfortable, Frederick Law Olmsted designed Visitors Center in Central Park. You are guided through iconic St. James and Belgravia Courts, then proceed along South Fourth Street, Ormsby Avenue, and the grand boulevard Third Street, which was known as Millionaire's Row in the 1890s. Then you are led back to the starting point.
All proceeds from the Historic Old Louisville Walking Tour support the work of the Old Louisville Neighborhood Council, a nonprofit organization that serves as an advocate for the community and works for historic preservation.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Louisville Visitor Center, 301 S 4th St Corner of 4th and Jefferson, Louisville, KY 40202-3010
The Historic Old Louisville Walking Tour showcases the nation's largest Victorian Mansion district.
Duration: 1 hour
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Detailed check-in instructions - including the address and parking information if applicable - will be included in your final confirmation email.
- Duration: 1 hour (Approx.)
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Historic Old Louisville Walking Tour Booklet: 48-page Color Brochure
- Discount Coupon for the Old Louisville Holiday Home Tour the first weekend of December
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Average 4.67 out of 5 stars based on 15 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
Similar Tours & Activities