Downtown Las Vegas Nighttime Walking Tour
See old Las Vegas in a new light on this nighttime walking tour. With an insider guide, you’ll stroll down Fremont Street after dark to experience it in all its neon glory. Get a look at classic casinos like the Golden Nugget, learn about Vegas’ fascinating history, check out the blinding lights of the Fremont Street Experience and hear about the ongoing revitalization that has turned this area into one of the city’s hippest places to be with projects like the Downtown Container Park. This tour is limited to small groups to ensure a fun and interactive experience with your guide.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Meet your guide in downtown Las Vegas to begin your walking tour, during which you’ll hear your guide’s commentary via provided earphones. You won’t want to miss a word about this iconic area known as Glitter Gulch, famous for its old neon signs, classic Vegas casinos and easy-going party atmosphere.
Start the former site of the Union Pacific station, which dates back to Vegas’ humble beginnings. Walk along Fremont Street and hear stories about its many transformations, from the peak of the casino years to a downturn in popularity to its revitalization into one of Sin City’s current hotspots once again. See sights like Vegas Vic, watch people zoom by on the 100-foot-high (30-meter) Slotzilla zipline, listen to live music and be wowed by the 4-block-long LED video screen made up of 12.5 million lights.
Check out only-in-Vegas attractions like a swimming pool with a shark tank in the middle, the ‘world’s largest golden nugget,’ a display of $1 million in cash and a 40-foot-tall (12-meter) fire-breathing praying mantis. Then make your way to Fremont East, a new district of restaurants, shops and bars that some call a Vegas version of Greenwich Village. This is where you’ll find locals and in-the-know visitors hanging out until the early morning hours. Your tour ends at the Downtown Container Park, an open-air shopping and dining plaza partially made out of recycled shipping containers. From here, you are free to continue your night out in Vegas on your own.
Total walking distance is less than 1 mile (1.6 km); throughout the tour, you may purchase food and beverages at bars and restaurants you pass, but please note that your guide will not wait for you if you are stuck in long lines.
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1 N Main St, Las Vegas, NV 89101, USA
- Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 7:00 PM
- Return Details: Downtown Container Park, 707 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101, USA
- Walking tour of Fremont Street, Fremont Street Experience, Fremont East and Downtown Container Park
- Local guide
- Wireless headphone to hear your guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes and bottled water are recommended
- Minimum age is 21 years (ID Required)
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Face mask / facial covering (not provided) must be worn during the tour
- Our guests health is always a priority and during this unprecedented time we have put extra measures in place to help ensure your safety. Stringent Cleaning – Audio headsets will continue to be cleaned & sanitized before each tour with disinfectant aerosol and wipes. Each headset now also receives a ‘deep-clean’ via HoMEDICS® UV-CLEAN Portable Sanitizer which has been clinically proven to kill up to 99.9% of bacteria & viruses at the DNA level with UV-C light. Social Distancing – Your guide will be wearing a full-face shield and guests will be asked to maintain 6 feet between other parties on the tour. Our wireless audio headsets will also allow you to navigate around other pedestrians during your tour to help you maintain your comfortable social distance while still hearing your guides every word.
- Most travelers can participate
- Facial coverings or masks must be worn by all Nevadans and visitors in the State of Nevada while in public. All guests who participate on our tours must wear a face covering or mask over their nose and mouth with no exemptions. If you are unable to wear a face covering or mask for any reason we regret that you will be unable to participate in our tours at this time.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Average 4.79 out of 5 stars based on 14 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Our guide was waiting right on time and began the tour promptly. He filled us in on so much historical information about the beginnings of Vegas and ended the tour 2 hours later, giving out vouchers for various places we passed along the way. This was money well spent.
This is singularly the best tour - seriously. Our guide was full of knowledge and we left with a wonderful and comprehensive understanding of the history of Old Town from its beginnings to it gentrification today. Do it - you will not regret this tour.
This was just the best!! The history of the old Fremont area - the rail road, and the new and up and coming Fremont area! Highly recommend this - the downtown Las Vegas definitely has a different flavor then the new part. Definitely a must on your list of things to do!!
Loved it! Great tour guide, he really knew stuff about the history of the old strip.
No trip to Las Vegas is complete without a visit to this end of town. It was far more interesting than I had expected and we will stay in this area on our next visit now that we have seen its hidden secrets. Our guide was fabulous, passionate about the district, and talented in imparting knowledge.
My husband and I enjoyed the tour. We learned a lot and will definitely spend more time in downtown Las Vegas. The tour was well organized and our guide was great.
My wife and I booked this because it sounded interesting. Kelly, our guide, was exactly where he said he would be at the appointed time. He also had headsets and a mic so we could hear him talk as Freemont Street is noisy at night. It was really interesting seeing behind the veil of time on Freemont Street and learning the history of the buildings, people, and area. Although the tour was supposed to be 2 hours, it ended up being 2 1/2, and we enjoyed every minute of it. I would recommend this tour if you are interested in learning how Las Vegas began and developed pre-Strip, and beyond.
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-6756NIGHT
Similar Tours & Activities