Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour
Enjoy happy and memorable touring! On this tour, you will have a designated driver and separate step-on guide as safety is of paramount importance. Hotel pick-ups are limited to just 7 hotels to save your valuable vacation time. Make a stop at the Hoover Dam Bypass bridge for the best pictures of Hoover Dam then go inside the Nevada Power-plant (admission included), visitors center and museum. This tour also includes the exclusive, signature tour - "Walk on the Top", a 45 min fully guided tour over Hoover Dam, with your guide touching on subjects like: water, electricity, generators, intake towers, outlet works, concrete, high-scalers, earthquakes, deaths and more! Hot lunch is also included as well as complimentary Mac King tickets ($45 value)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
We proudly offer a designated bus driver (for safety) and step-on tour guide (for entertainment and information). Our drivers do not double as tour guides.
Start your tour with pickup from select Las Vegas hotels and we don't take you to a central location to reload onto a different bus. You will go out on the bus you were picked up in. Limiting pick-ups and traveling on one bus allows us to save time and get back early. It can take hours to pull in and out of every hotel. By limiting pick-ups to 7 we are usually the first bus company to Hoover Dam. En route, your guide entertains and answers questions Hoover Dam, its history and/or the Las Vegas area.
Stop At: Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign, 5100 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89119-3232
We include a photo stop at the famous Welcome to Las Vegas Sign - Our guides will show you the best place to stand to get your photos to create a happy memory of your time in Vegas.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Omelet House, 316 N Boulder Hwy, Henderson, NV 89015, USA
Relax and enjoy pleasant conversation with fellow travelers over a hot made-to-order sit down lunch on the way back to Las Vegas.
As you drive back to town, you might hear Vegas trivia about topics such like the mafia, casino moguls, activities, restaurant deals and more before being dropped off. Each guide has a unique style and information.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Boulder City, Boulder City, Nevada
Travel through historic Boulder City, viewing the quaint Dingbat houses which were built for the Dam Workers, and the historic Hoover Dam Hotel
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
On arrival, you’ll begin with a generator viewing. Travel 524 feet (160 meters) into the walls of Black Canyon to view the Nevada power-plant, generators and a 30-foot-diameter (9-meter) pipe inside one of the four giant diversion tunnels. (Please note: This portion of the tour is not guaranteed due to occasional closures by the Department or Reclamation. We recommend you call the dam and check the day prior to your tour if this is of paramount importance)
Next, head into the Hoover Dam Visitor Center where you can see the history of Hoover Dam and view numerous exhibits that explain how the dam was built, how it operates and who benefits from the water and electricity.
Walk on the Top Tour - This is an exclusive, fully guided comprehensive 45-minute walk over the top of the dam. Your knowledgeable guide will touch all aspects of the dam including electricity, outlet works, intake towers, concrete, diversion tunnels, water/drought, deaths, wages, earthquakes, artwork, WWII and more.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hoover Dam Bypass, U.S. Route 93, Las Vegas, NV
Our buses have an added treat, a photo stop at the new Hoover Dam bypass bridge for the single best view available of Hoover Dam. Get those cameras ready for the best selfie ever!
Duration: 25 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: 1: Golden Nugget Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, 129 East Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101, USA
2: Circus Circus Drive, Circus Circus Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
3: Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino, a Radisson Hotel, 3300 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
4: Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, 3645 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
5: Park MGM Las Vegas, 3770 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
6: Excalibur Hotel & Casino, 3850 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA
7: The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod, 2000 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89104, USA
- Duration: 6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Government's Power Plant Tour (subject to availability)
- Government's Visitor Center and Exhibit Tour
- Walk On The Top Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Complimentary ticket to the Mac King Comedy Magic Show (A $45 Value!)
- Entry/Admission - Omelet House
- Entry/Admission - Hoover Dam
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The interior tour is not recommended for people that suffer from claustrophobia, who have pacemakers or defibrillators
- Transportation is not wheelchair accessible however wheelchairs are available for rent for approximately USD $5 at the Dam. If you require a wheelchair at the Dam please let your tour guide know.
- The Hoover Dam is a government-operated facility. Elevator closures to the generator rooms may happen without notice due to mechanical or security issues
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Post COVID-19 Safety Updates - We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. We do recommend guests wear a face mask, but this is not mandatory. Please be sure to bring one if you wish to wear it. All vehicles are sanitized prior to every tour and social distancing will be strongly encouraged.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Average 4.69 out of 5 stars based on 1858 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor.
Our guide Jason was entertaining
From the beginning to the end of the tour. Gary the bus driver made it a safe trip
What an amazing trip. We were well looked after during the day and this was such a well organised tour. Don't have anything bad to say about it. This is a must see and make sure you add the power plant part of the tour as this is a great addition. Special shout out to our tour guide Jason as well. This man kept us amused all day with his brilliant anecdotes. Loved this tour from start to finish.
Trevor was great dam guide! He was very well informed, he gave us all kinds of information throughout the whole dam tour and kept us laughing constantly. Gary, the dam tour bus driver was excellent as well. This is THE tour to take!
Although we began our day early, it was necessary to do all the things that were included in the tour. Our guide was knowledgeable, flexible, and quite humorous. He was able to adjust the order of stops, and add some stops to the tour to accommodate the group. We stopped for lunch on the way back, and although it was a set number of choices, our guide was able to make changes in the menu for some of the guests. Overall, an excellent day.
Jason and Gary are the best! They took the time to get to know you. This trip is definitely worth your money. Jason kept us entertained and engaged!
This tour was very well organized. Since my hotel was not one of the pick up points, I used Uber to make my way to Bally's, where I met Jason, our tour guide, and Gary our driver. Both were very professional and pleasant to be with during the day. After picking up our other stops, we made our way to Hoover Dam with Jason explaining points of interest on the way. Once there, we had the opportunity to see the dam from the bridge above. What a sight to behold. Once returning to the bus, we made our way down to the dam, travelled over to the Arizona side and then returned to the garage at the Hoover Dam. Jason gave us much information about the dam with our walk along the top of the dam and then guided us to the elevators that took us down to the pumping stations. Once that was completed, and we had ample time to check out the gift shop, we met up with Jason again. He gave us cards which had our choices for lunch. We then made our way to the lunch destination and had a very nice lunch. All in all it was a great day and Jason made the travel more enjoyable by sharing his knowledge of the area.
GREAT Tour. Trez was a very entertaining and knowledgeable tour guide. Felix was a very skilled and capable driver. Had a great time and highly recommend booking this tour. You will not be disappointed.
Trip was fantastic and our guide Jason did an incredible job. The trip was both informative and very funny.
Trez and Felix were amazing. Great way to see the Dam. The trip is well worth the money and learning experience.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll always be happy to assist you with any of your future travel plans.
Thanks a lot for booking your tour on Cool Destinations
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Destinations specialist!.
Product code: COOL-3431UHDT
Similar Tours & Activities