Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour from Las Vegas With Lunch
On this enjoyable tour, you will get a comprehensive VIP tour of the Hoover Dam. This tour gets you to the dam before the crowds arrive, giving you more time to enjoy your destination!
Included is a bonus stop at the Las Vegas Welcome sign, a stop at the Hoover Dam Museum in Boulder City, the Hoover Dam memorial bridge (where you can get beautiful photos of the dam from afar), and this tour also includes the exclusive, signature tour, "Walk on the Top". This is a 45 min fully guided tour over the Hoover Dam, with your guide touching on a wide variety of subjects relating to the dam including stories of its construction, unbelievable facts and figures related to the dam, and information regarding the fascinating operations of the dam.
A seated hot freshly cooked lunch at a restaurant is also included as well as complimentary Mac King tickets ($45 value)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
We proudly offer a designated bus driver (for safety) and step-on tour guide (for entertainment and information). Our drivers do not double as tour guides.
Start your tour with pickup from select Las Vegas hotels and we don't take you to a central location to reload onto a different bus. You will go out on the bus you were picked up in. Limiting pick-ups and traveling on one bus allows us to save time and get back early. It can take hours to pull in and out of every hotel. By limiting pick-ups to 7 we are usually the first bus company to Hoover Dam. En route, your guide entertains and answers questions Hoover Dam, its history and/or the Las Vegas area.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign, 5100 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89119-3232
We include a photo stop at the famous Welcome to Las Vegas Sign - Our guides will show you the best place to stand to get your photos to create a happy memory of your time in Vegas.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Boulder City, Boulder City, Nevada
Travel through historic Boulder City, viewing the quaint Dingbat houses which were built for the Dam Workers, and the historic Hoover Dam Hotel. We also make a stop here so you can visit the Hoover Dam Museum.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Hoover Dam Bypass, U.S. Route 93, Las Vegas, NV
Our buses have an added treat, a photo stop at the new Hoover Dam bypass bridge for the single best view available of Hoover Dam. Get those cameras ready for the best selfie ever!
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
On arrival, you’ll begin with a generator viewing. Travel 524 feet (160 meters) into the walls of Black Canyon to view the Nevada power-plant, generators and a 30-foot-diameter (9-meter) pipe inside one of the four giant diversion tunnels. (Please note: This portion of the tour is not guaranteed due to occasional closures by the Department or Reclamation. We recommend you call the dam and check the day prior to your tour if this is of paramount importance)
Next, head into the Hoover Dam Visitor Center where you can see the history of Hoover Dam and view numerous exhibits that explain how the dam was built, how it operates and who benefits from the water and electricity.
Walk on the Top Tour - This is an exclusive, fully guided comprehensive 45-minute walk over the top of the dam. Your knowledgeable guide will touch all aspects of the dam including electricity, outlet works, intake towers, concrete, diversion tunnels, water/drought, deaths, wages, earthquakes, artwork, WWII and more.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Omelet House, 316 N Boulder Hwy, Henderson, NV 89015, USA
Relax and enjoy pleasant conversation with fellow travelers over a hot made-to-order sit down lunch on the way back to Las Vegas.
As you drive back to town, you might hear Vegas trivia about topics such like the mafia, casino moguls, activities, restaurant deals and more before being dropped off. Each guide has a unique style and information.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Reservations are REQUIRED for all bookings
- Book Your Package On-Line and Receive Your Confirmation
- Departure point: Traveler pickup is offered
We limit the amount of hotels we visit for pickups, so that we can spend more time at the Dam, and less time on the bus doing pickups. Our hotels for pickup are strategically placed up and down the strip including downtown, so your own hotel should be either right next door or a very short walk away from where you will meet the bus.
- Duration: 6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Departure Time: 8:00 AM
- Professional guide
- Government's Power Plant Tour (subject to availability)
- Government's Visitor Center and Exhibit Tour
- Exclusive 45 minute Walk On The Top Tour of the Dam
- Lunch - Hot made-to-order Sit-Down Restaurant Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Complimentary ticket to the Mac King Comedy Magic Show (A $45 Value!) - Subject to Show Availability
- Photo stop at the "Welcome to Las Vegas" Sign
- Entry/Admission - Hoover Dam
- Entry/Admission - Omelet House
What To Bring
- Confirmation Voucher (printed or mobile)
- Any required or suggested items listed on your confirmation email.
- A Smile!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The interior tour is not recommended for people that suffer from claustrophobia, who have pacemakers or defibrillators
- Transportation is not wheelchair accessible however wheelchairs are available for rent for approximately USD $5 at the Dam. If you require a wheelchair at the Dam please let your tour guide know.
- The Hoover Dam is a government-operated facility. Elevator closures to the generator rooms may happen without notice due to mechanical or security issues
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Post COVID-19 Safety Updates - We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. We do recommend guests wear a face mask, but this is not mandatory. Please be sure to bring one if you wish to wear it. All vehicles are sanitized prior to every tour and social distancing will be strongly encouraged.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Average 4.71 out of 5 stars based on 2014 verified reviews from Cool Destinations and TripAdvisor
Still have questions?
We’re here to help. Call (800) 814-2665 to speak with a Cool Las Vegas specialist!
Product code: COOL-3431UHDT
Similar Tours & Activities